PDA

View Full Version : Jun 1940 Base Change

Gustav Schiebert
10-14-13, 05:18 PM
Apologies if this has been asked/answered in advance, couldn't find anything on search.

I'm at sea in June 1940, just as France is falling, planning my return trip. Messages are coming in saying Bordeaux etc are available as bases now.

Do I need to go to my flotilla's French base, or can I return to my starting one? I'm 2nd Flotilla based out of Willhelmshaven.

I ask since I'm playing a full realism mission with 64x max TC and don't fancy diverting all the way to one to then have to go to another. (This is me 'radioing back to B.d.U.)

Thanks in advance.

Tupolev
10-14-13, 05:40 PM
Well, if playing historically is important to you, the first U-Boat to dock in France was U-30 (VIIA) on July 7th 1940. The first IXB to dock in France was U-65 (I think) a month or so later. Most of the IXs and IXBs first started showing up in September and after.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I believe you're able to dock at any Naval Base as soon as it turns blue on the Strat Map. If its before the game recognizes the Flotilla change over, then you'll be treated as simply "in another base".

I do know that in my set up (GWX and SH3 Commander) I get an in game radio message at 00:00 the date my Flotilla officially changes over to the new base.

Hope it helps....

T

HW3
10-14-13, 05:52 PM
Using GWX, the base change takes effect Sept 1 1940.:yep:

Gustav Schiebert
10-15-13, 06:35 AM
Thanks guys. I've just recieved a message addressed to a few boats, telling them to report to Lorient. I'll go with Willhelmshaven until the game tells me otherwise, I think. Haven't got enough fuel to stay out until 1 Sep, methinks.

Cheers for the advice!

David I
10-15-13, 10:55 AM
Gustav,

Good call. You will be directly notified when your base has changed. Your mission orders will state:

Starting Base - Whilhelmshaven
Return Base - Lorient (or where ever).

Good Hunting

David I