PDA

View Full Version : Another stray for the compliment.

Ataraxia
10-14-13, 10:12 AM
Hello all,

I've frequented this forum several times over the last few years, as my search for a surface-combat game with Silent Hunter's level of detail and 'feel' draws me inexorably back to this very site.

Since my love of the franchise has been recurring, I thought I might as well sign up and try some of the excellent and dilligently prepared mods that this community has produced.

I am sad to say that I have neither real world experience nor great historical acumen where naval warfare is concerned. It has been an object of fascination for me since I was very small but it is not an area of expertise for me. I fear I will have little to offer but an opinion and the fruits of my floundering searches for obscure games to offer the community.

I do, however, play a lot of computer games. Hopefully that doesn't come as a shock to anyone!

Very much looking forward to the eventual production of a surface warfare mod,

Ataraxia

Sailor Steve
10-14-13, 10:16 AM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

I am sad to say that I have neither real world experience nor great historical acumen where naval warfare is concerned.
Neither are required, either for playing or for discussion. I daresay many are like me. While I spent two years in the navy many decades ago, most of my knowledge and research have come about because of games. The more you learn the more you want to. It's a game in itself. :rock:

Jimbuna
10-14-13, 10:33 AM
Welcome to SubSim :salute:

desertstriker
10-14-13, 11:55 AM
Welcome to subsim Herr kaluen:Kaleun_Salute:

Ataraxia
10-14-13, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'll be sure to stop by and pitch in on any discussions that take my fancy.

Red October1984
10-14-13, 04:51 PM
Hello and Welcome to Subsim! :woot:

u crank
10-14-13, 04:53 PM
Welcome to SubSim Ataraxia. :salute:

HW3
10-14-13, 05:56 PM
Welcome Aboard!

fitzcarraldo
10-14-13, 08:18 PM
Welcome to SUBSIM! Enjoy!:Kaleun_Applaud: