PDA

View Full Version : Finishing A Mission?

DiveDeeper
10-12-13, 12:18 PM
I'm playing a new career on Silent Hunter 4 in the pacific fleet- am based in manilla.

Had a mission to go out and raid merchant shipping. I sank more that 10000 tons and completed that objective, but now I have no objectives, and haven't finished the mission- how is this possible?

Thanks,
Kevin

ETR3(SS)
10-12-13, 01:38 PM
You have to return to home port. it will be the tilted anchor icon on your nav map. And welcome aboard!

Dread Knot
10-12-13, 01:56 PM
You have to return to home port. it will be the tilted anchor icon on your nav map. And welcome aboard!

Yes. Depending on the date your home port may have switched from Manila to Surabaya in Java.

DiveDeeper
10-12-13, 02:42 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice but when I go to Java (I get told I've changed home port) I don't get the option to end mission.

Is it some kind of bug?

aanker
10-12-13, 03:00 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice but when I go to Java (I get told I've changed home port) I don't get the option to end mission.

Is it some kind of bug?
Zoom out and look at your chart - map screen. As ETR3(SS) said, your new home port has a tilted anchor. Sail there and you can end your mission.

Happy Hunting!

DiveDeeper
10-12-13, 03:08 PM
That's exactly what I've done- but still no joy

Dread Knot
10-12-13, 03:12 PM
That's exactly what I've done- but still no joy

Hmm. What's the current date in your game?

DiveDeeper
10-12-13, 03:20 PM
It's December 21st 1941, not sure if that means anything

Dread Knot
10-12-13, 03:23 PM
It's December 21st 1941, not sure if that means anything

I was just checking to see if your sub base had been re-located to Perth/Fremantle yet. Not at this early point the war, though.

DiveDeeper
10-12-13, 03:27 PM
So am I just bugged?

ETR3(SS)
10-12-13, 03:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Is it some kind of bug?The time between getting the message and the anchor icon changing on the map won't be the same. Hang around there for a while and press the anchor icon that appears in the upper right hand corner. See if it gives you an option to dock.

DiveDeeper
10-12-13, 03:54 PM
The time between getting the message and the anchor icon changing on the map won't be the same. Hang around there for a while and press the anchor icon that appears in the upper right hand corner. See if it gives you an option to dock.

Anchor Icon still hasn't changed- think I'll just start a new career! It's Christmas now in the game

pabbi
10-12-13, 07:11 PM
At Christmas you should be in Manila.

TorpX
10-12-13, 10:11 PM
What version of the game do you have?

Are you using any mods?

Versions of the game before v1.5 have significant bugs.

The tilted anchor should be your home port.

If you have no objectives, you can send a status report by radio. You will usually get new orders. You don't have to follow orders. There isn't really a penalty if you don't. You can always go where you want and sink targets if you want to.

It's kind of unrealistic, but it allows you freedom to play the way you want to.

Armistead
10-12-13, 10:15 PM
Are you running any mods?

Seems early for a base change, but can't remember stock dates.

DiveDeeper
10-13-13, 05:41 AM
Eventually I just waited around until I was allowed dock in Java.

Not sure what version of the game I have as I bought it on steam- assuming it has all the patches up to the U boat expansion, I'll buy that eventually!

Thanks for all the help