PDA

View Full Version : Speed Restriction! Malfaunction or Error ?

Aras
10-11-13, 01:50 PM
I launched the game with SH3 Commander. Malfunctions + Sabotage are enabled. In the middle of my second patrol (Sep 39'), after loading my save, I noticed that I am losing speed.

Surfaced
Slow Ahead = Max 1 Knots
Ahead 1/3 = Max 3-4 Knots
Ahead Standard = Max 4-5 Knots
Full Ahead = 5-6 Knots
Flank Speed = 7 Knots

Submerged
Slow Ahead = Max 1 Knots
Ahead 1/3 = Max 2 Knots
Ahead Standard = Max 3 Knots
Full Ahead = Max 4 Knots
Flank Speed = Max 4 Knots

Wind speed is 15 m/s. Battery Charging is turned off. I decided to return to port and end a well going patrol (12 k on 9 Days, 1 Ore Carrier 1 Medium Cargo), on the way back I managed to achieve 13 Knots.

I am pretty sure that when leaving the port or during the patrol I haven’t got any problem. I don't think there is a sabotage chance since I am still at 1939 and my homeport Wilhelmshaven.

Any ideas?

desirableroasted
10-11-13, 02:09 PM
Back when I played with Sab/Mal enabled (you cannot used it in GWX), I posted this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=120501&highlight=stress+test

Which might shed some light.

While 15 m/s winds will slow you down 3-4-5 knots, you should certainly be doing more than 7 m/s at flank in an undamaged boat.

What do the rest of you think?

Dread Knot
10-11-13, 02:12 PM
What (http://What) do the rest of you think?

Inept dockyard workers?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. :D

VONHARRIS
10-11-13, 02:20 PM
Did you save the game and reloaded?

If yes , in that case the mufunction at the beggining of your patrol will not be present after reloading the save game.
It has happened to me as well.

Aras
10-11-13, 02:26 PM
Yes I tried to save and reload. Also I tried to exit the game and reload. Nothing changed.

One thing though I returned to my previous save before I encountered the problem at all since my last save was corrupted.

desirableroasted
10-11-13, 04:39 PM
Von, are you sure about that? Now, it has been a few years since I ran that option, but I am sure that when I chose to push on with the defect, it was present the rest of the patrol.

Just seems, too, that it would defeat the purpose of the mod if you could just reload the game to get rid of an inconvenience.

Did you save the game and reloaded?

If yes , in that case the mufunction at the beggining of your patrol will not be present after reloading the save game.
It has happened to me as well.

Tupolev
10-11-13, 04:40 PM
At the risk of not using the search function, what's the issue with GWX and SH3 Commander's malfunction & sabotage options?

badwolf
10-11-13, 04:45 PM
Wave height set in Sh3Commander effects speed a lot? I've got mine set to seasonal and struggling through a storm atm, just starting a new career.

desertstriker
10-11-13, 05:02 PM
first off as was already stated NEVER use Malfunctions & Sabotage (in the readme/ instructions somewhere) other than that i can't think of anything else causing your problem... What other mods do you have activated?

desirableroasted
10-11-13, 05:30 PM
At the risk of not using the search function, what's the issue with GWX and SH3 Commander's malfunction & sabotage options?

I don't know... I used to, and so I am guessing I read it in the GWX or SH3Commander documentation.

desertstriker
10-11-13, 07:26 PM
I don't know... I used to, and so I am guessing I read it in the GWX or SH3Commander documentation.
its in the GWX documentation

BigWalleye
10-11-13, 09:50 PM
desertstriker, I have searched the GWX manual and can not find any reference to the use or avoidance of the Malfunctions and Sabotage option in SH3 Commander. Could you point me to the reference? I have always played GWX with Commander and used that option, and haven't noticed any problems.

The only reference I can find to the Malfunctions and Sabotage option being incompatible with any megamod is in sh3_commander_updates_for_nygm, where the readme.txt file contains the following: "Please note that the sabotage and malfunction options in SH3 Commander 3.1 are not functioning with NYGM."

Please, where the heck is it?

desertstriker
10-12-13, 12:15 AM
Its not where i thought it was I distinctly remember it being in the aGWX manual.. though i have searched both the GWX files readme and the SH3C documentation now. GRRRRRRRRRR i will search more tomorrow

though i may be going prematurely scenial and i remember it from when i played NYGM

Aras
10-12-13, 12:59 AM
I am using GWX 3.0 with SH3 Commander and H.sie Hardcoded Fixes.

BigWalleye
10-12-13, 07:13 AM
Its not where i thought it was I distinctly remember it being in the aGWX manual.. though i have searched both the GWX files readme and the SH3C documentation now. GRRRRRRRRRR i will search more tomorrow

though i may be going prematurely scenial and i remember it from when i played NYGM

Now you REALLY have me curious! I don't have, and have never seen, a GWX readme file. I downloaded an .exe and 7x .bin files. The .exe ran, used the bins, and installed everything. There is a GWX3.0 manual, and a changelog.txt in the SH3 Documentation folder, but no readme. Where/how do I find this file?

desirableroasted
10-12-13, 10:33 AM
Wow... the SH3Commander Help makes no mention of this... and the GWX manual practically begs you to use it....

Now, Iam confused, and that happens only once or twice a week.

desertstriker
10-12-13, 07:42 PM
bigwalley http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//downloads.php?do=file&id=1421 d/l the file and upon opening it instead of the .exe there is a PDF file.

desirableroasted I am honored to have confused you then:har: JK. sorry we will get the issue sorted out

BigWalleye
10-12-13, 08:47 PM
Ah, THAT'S the file you're talking about! Got it! Thanks.