PDA

View Full Version : Repair cheat?

screpheep
09-30-13, 03:46 PM
Sooo, I am playing the campaign mission, I sneaked into like 3 ports and photographed ships, then I was ordered to go sunk some merchant ships near Honolulu, found a large convoy, got into perfect position and... saw that my periscope is destroyed. It was probably destroyed by a plane in some time acceleration, but that is not important. I do not have a save without broken periscope and I do not want to play the whole mission again. Is there some way to fix my periscope? Like editing a save file or some cheating mod?

merc4ulfate
10-01-13, 10:17 AM
YES GO TO PORT AND REPAIR IT

Admiral Halsey
10-01-13, 11:43 AM
YES GO TO PORT AND REPAIR IT

Exactly.

JoeCorrado
10-01-13, 03:05 PM
1. Are both periscopes destroyed? Use the observation scope instead of the attack periscope. You can do all you need to do with the night scope.

2. Delay your attack till nightfall and make a night surface attack.

3. If the targets are stationary or slow moving, maneuver to line up your boat and simply fire your torpedoes along the boats bearing. Of course being close to the target would help even in they are moving- if needs be- adjust your bearing to fire ahead of a moving target. Be prepared for some missed shots if you have not done this before. (even with no available scopes, you can use the align view to bearing command to set a zero deflection angle for firing torpedoes.)

4. Even entering port for a refit will not repair destroyed equipment, so that idea is not going to work- only ending your mission will fix what ails you.

I don't think there is any mod that could solve your problem in the middle of a campaign. Sorry, the pooch is screwed if you want a repair and don't have a master mechanic on board.

ROOT CAUSE HERE... Best advice for you in the future: If you are in time compression, and the game drops you out of it- PAY ATTENTION because there is always a reason; contact, important message, proximity to land, etc~ Whatever the reason, don't just increase compression again until you know why you dropped out of it. :know: