fenian
09-27-13, 10:59 PM
http://bcove.me/49wnjpx9

TorpX
09-28-13, 12:33 AM
Good story there, and fortunately a happy ending. :salute:

Harmsway!
09-28-13, 06:11 AM
Wow, how neat for him to be able to see and relive a defining moment in his life. Cool stuff. thanks for sharing

torpedobait
09-28-13, 07:24 AM
I love the stories from the vets. My wife's uncle was one of the original members of the so-called Band of Brothers. He enlisted and volunteered for paratroop duty in late 1942, and went to Taccoa, GA. He was assigned to Easy Company, 506th PIR, of the 101st. After jumping into Normandy on D-Day, he participated in Market Garden and was killed on October 5, 1944 at the Crossroads. If you ever watch the HBO series BoB, he was the "Dukeman" killed at the Crossroads. We have visited his gravesite at Margraten, NL, and have taken into the family the Dutch friends who adopted his gravesite. My dad was drafted into the Army in 1943, and participated in the liberation of the Philippines. He earned his Purple Heart and Bronze Star with V (for valor) just 3 days before the campaign was declared "closed". Bless them all, and give thanks for their service. They made it possible for us to enjoy the life we live.

torpedobait
09-28-13, 07:25 AM
Sorry, that should be "Toccoa". Curahee!