PDA

View Full Version : GWX Double Periscope bug... Please help

Sckraps
09-27-13, 02:54 PM
Hey folks, hope you can help. I am new to sub games. Actually I recently just decided to re-play some old Dynamix flying games from my childhood using DosBox and stumbled across Aces of the Deep. Instantly a fan.

Anyways I have installed SHIII from Ubi's web site and also the GWX3.0 mod. I am running it on a Win 7 64-bit and am having no problems with compatibility, but I do get this double periscope issue.

Basically even when the periscope is down, It still shows up as raised when viewing from birds eye at periscope depth. It does not happen all the time, but when it does and I view through the periscope I can see the other one in front. If I raise the periscope and view from birds eye, I see two periscopes. The front one is always up and the back one I can move up and down.

I have searched the forums and can see no posts on this topic, hope I am not the only one. My computer is recently re OS'ed and only has ACES of the Deep, Kerbal Space Program and SHIII

Hope that made some sense, any help would be appreciated.

u crank
09-27-13, 03:05 PM
Hi Sckraps, welcome to SubSim. :salute:

Subs in Sh3/GWX have two periscopes, an attack and an observation scope. Press f1 and go to 'stations' to see how these are controlled. If you press 'O' on keyboard you will go to observation scope.

Tango589
09-27-13, 03:06 PM
Hi and welcome to Subsim!:salute:

Just as a thought, you haven't got the observation scope raised at the same time have you? They are located one behind the other, so with both scopes raised and looking through the rear scope (attack?) then you would see the forward scope as well.

If this is not the answer, then I'm sure someone else will be along soon to shed more light on the matter.

In the meantime, SINK 'EM ALL!!:arrgh!:

Sckraps
09-27-13, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys, I hope I am that stupid, usually jusk click F3 then use my page up/down keys but who knows. Sounds about right. I was actually just reading a post about the two scopes and was thinking the same thing. Thanks agian, will check when I get home. Darn work is keeping me from sea. :)

HW3
09-27-13, 03:13 PM
Welcome Aboard!

As the others have said, your sub comes equipped with 2 scopes.:yep:

Sckraps
09-27-13, 03:52 PM
Thanks again, I feel so dumb, I had no clue that there where two periscopes. Where have sub-sims been all my life. So many wasted years. I Just stumbled on Aces a few months back and now trying my hands at some Silent Hunter. Having so much fun I also bought a little 4 inch rc sub for about $60 that uses ballast tank. Cheap and fun.

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/4084/knl5.jpg

RConch
09-28-13, 10:30 AM
What a vicious looking submarine. Probably scare the heck out of my rubber ducky.:salute:

desirableroasted
09-28-13, 09:58 PM
That boat looks a little kludgey, but with a deck gun, it is a step up over a IIA.... I'd take her for a ride.

Thanks again, I feel so dumb, I had no clue that there where two periscopes. Where have sub-sims been all my life. So many wasted years. I Just stumbled on Aces a few months back and now trying my hands at some Silent Hunter. Having so much fun I also bought a little 4 inch rc sub for about $60 that uses ballast tank. Cheap and fun.

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/4084/knl5.jpg