PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing SHIII in a secondary drive

Blacklight
09-22-13, 07:21 PM
Okay. I've looked around and can't seem to find an answer to this. I have a new computer setup where my C: drive is for my OS only and there are other physical hard drives for my programs, games and storage. For some reason, SHIII will NOT install into my D drive. It keeps telling me that the install directory is "Invalid, Incomplete, or Write protected" which is NOT the case at all . The problem is that I can't install it in my C: drive as the drive is very small and is intended for the operating system only. I don't understand how they made their installer only want to install it in a default area without giving you the ability to change the install location to another drive. This has to be a bug with the installer. Is there any way around this?

*Edit*
Okay. For anyone else having this problem, for some reason, the game requires the folder that it goes into to have the default name so you can put it in another drive as long as you don't change their default folder name. *sigh* Sloppy programming on their part in my opinion. I have a feeling that they never considered the fact that anyone would want to install into another directory or drive other than the default.