PDA

View Full Version : h.sie V16B1 & SH3 Commander comparability issue?

Airborne101
09-13-13, 10:41 PM
I am currently running SH3 on Steam with GWX3, SH3 Commander, and most reacently h.sie's V16B1 hardcode fixes.

However I have noticed an issue, and I am not sure if it only happening to me. I appended the en_menu.txt and de_menu.txt files with the additional text that h.sie provided. Both save fine, and upon restarting my computer, the appended text is as it should be. Starting the game through the SH3 shortcut I have on my desktop, everything works fine. I see the addition replys from the CE such as oxygen reports from 21 to 17%

The issue arises when I try and start a new campaign or continue a campaign through SH3 Commander. Should I start the game through Commander, I lose the additional text I appended to the en_menu.txt file. de_menu.txt is unaffected though. So now when I go on patrol, sometimes the CE says something, but there is no text.

Anybody else having this issue with V16B1 and SH3 Commander? Any ideas on fixes? Or do I just have to start patrols through the SH3 shortcut?

sublynx
09-14-13, 12:29 AM
v16 and SH3cmdr combination works with me, so it is possible to have them both. Unfortunately I have no idea why commander messes your game, though. My guess is that somewhere in your SH3commander files there could be an alternative txt file. Maybe you can try finding all the en_menu.txt files on your computer with the search function of your Windows :timeout:

Pisces
09-14-13, 03:55 AM
I don't have that H.Sie mod so don't know exactly how it works. (well, it's been a while since I looked at it) But the game uses en_menu.txt or de_menu.txt depending on a configuration setting in the game options. Do you normally see the English language or German language presented in text in the game? The appropriate file would have to have been edited with the H.Sie modifications. I guess you made changes to the file that the game is not using.

BigWalleye
09-14-13, 07:21 AM
AFAIK, there is no compatibility issue between V16B1 and SH3 Commander. Many people on this forum use both successfully.

It sounds like you may have SH3 Commander set up to overwrite menu_en.txt. Uninstall Commander completely and reinstall it. Do not make any changes to Commander (except to add the .cfg file changes if you are using GWX or NYGM). That should get you to a clean baseline and eliminate the problem.

Airborne101
09-14-13, 11:16 AM
Do you normally see the English language or German language presented in text in the game? The appropriate file would have to have been edited with the H.Sie modifications. I guess you made changes to the file that the game is not using.
H.Sie's instructions are to modify both de and en menu.txt files. I normally see English language (I use English text and German voices), however it is always the en_menu.txt that SH3cmdr reverts back to stock forum.

BigWallace, I will give that a try and report back. :Kaleun_Salute:

EDIT: That indeed seemed to do the trick. Odd through, as I don't recall telling SH3cmdr to overwrite the files. I suspect is might have been the fact that I have been forgetting to Rollback before making changes in JSGME and installing the V16B1 patch kit.

desertstriker
09-14-13, 11:28 AM
there is a very quick fix and it was made by WB. pretty easy to install just follow the instructions in the mod.
username Maik
Password Woelfe

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/WREFORD%20BROWN/h.sies%20SH3%20Cmdr%20en_menu%20patch.rar

Tinman764
09-15-13, 03:37 AM
I'm also getting this - though I haven't tested SH3 by starting it without Cmdr, I have double checked the text files and they should be fine. Strangely, I have used this combo in a previous installation without any issues.

there is a very quick fix and it was made by WB. pretty easy to install just follow the instructions in the mod.
username Maik
Password Woelfe

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/WREFORD%20BROWN/h.sies%20SH3%20Cmdr%20en_menu%20patch.rar

Unfortunately, when I try to unzip this file I get a broken file error :(

desertstriker
09-15-13, 03:56 PM
try this one http://www.mediafire.com/download/5icqskjuo2u0rmx/h.sie%27s_SH3_Cmdr_en_menu_patch.rar

Tinman764
09-15-13, 04:19 PM
The download worked, I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks!