PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling SH4

theelite1500
09-10-13, 02:44 PM
Quite some time ago, my copy of SH4 got corrupted by my mods, and I recently decided to buy and download version 1.5 of the game. Since my game was corrupt, the patch didn't install correctly, so now I plan on reinstalling the entire game, but I have a couple of questions regarding the reinstall.

Does SH4 need to be at version 1.4 for 1.5 to install correctly, or can I download it from version 1.0?

Also, does anyone know if Amazon has DRM on the download version of SH4 (as opposed to the CD version?)

joefremont
09-10-13, 03:07 PM
They do, make sure you get the 'gold' edition as it includes both the base game and the u-boat missions (v1.5)

I found it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-Pacific-Edition-Download/dp/B008X73CE8/ref=pd_cp_vg_1

cdrsubron7
09-10-13, 08:47 PM
They do, make sure you get the 'gold' edition as it includes both the base game and the u-boat missions (v1.5)

I found it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-Pacific-Edition-Download/dp/B008X73CE8/ref=pd_cp_vg_1

Just to add to what joefremont has already mentioned, getting the Gold Edition of SH4 is best, because it's the final version which means that almost the mods for SH4 are geared for v1.5 nowadays anyhow. Try and get the DVD retail disk instead of the download. Much easier to handle in the long run. :yeah:

theelite1500
09-11-13, 03:46 PM
I already have the download, though... :/

cdrsubron7
09-11-13, 07:42 PM
I already have the download, though... :/

Using the retail dvd for SH4 is a personal preference, I find it easier to use in the long run than having to mess around with the downloaded version. I've gone both ways and found the retail dvd easier to use when uninstalling and re-installing as much as I seem to do. :salute:

theelite1500
09-12-13, 02:07 PM
I figured out how to uninstall the download version.

But can SH4 be at version 1.0 to download 1.5?

aanker
09-12-13, 03:12 PM
I figured out how to uninstall the download version.

But can SH4 be at version 1.0 to download 1.5?
Yes, 1.5 can be installed over the initial SH4 1.0 install. You don't need to install 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, before installing 1.5 UBM.

I have the D2D version and have not had any problems. Talking with one of the UBI Tech Support people years ago I recall they remarked, "Save the Downloads" as part of our conversation, which I did ..... I used them on my old computer - 1st install (of course) and when I bought a new computer, the same saved 1.0 & 1.5 downloads installed without any problem on my new computer.

On the new computer install I contacted Tech after installing the SH4 1.0 and it not starting and they simply reactivated my activation codes for SH4 1.0 & 1.5 UBM in less than a couple hours (email - chat time). I activated 1.0, it ran, then installed 1.5 UBM and it fired right up!

Happy Hunting!