PDA

View Full Version : Yet another CTD =/

glanfield
09-06-13, 04:10 AM
Hi, im wondering if anyone has had an issue like this before. Been having some ctd issues recently because i'm trying to find a working mod soup. i've copied someone's modsoup list and finally i thought i had found a working mod setup but alas i've discovered a pesky ctd issue that i cant resolve but seems it could be fixable as i've narrowed it down to exaclty when it happens. Maybe someone here has had this ctd before and can kindly point me to the right direction. Ok so i get a ctd everytime a depth charge is dropped into the water. its before i get the message :depth charges in the water!. i Dont actually see/hear the charge drop into the water. here is my mod list in the order of installation with jsgme:

GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
FM30_UpDown_final
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
New Uboat Guns 1.2
SH-5 Water for SH-3 20 Km V84
SH-5 Water for SH-3 Bigger Sun v2
Foam
Sobers 3D Waves
B25_Deck_Crew_Ambient
TiefeMkI(German)
b25_Louder_Diesels_Louder
Haunting Atlantic Wind
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
Flags_enlighten
Carotio_SH3_ClothesHatsFacesSkilledCrew
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.5 [Without Red Circle]
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6
WB's GWX campaign with VonDos' ships v2.7
GWX - Merged Campaign
Aces_Multimod_compatability_fix_release_v1.3
Aces' St.Nazaire Super Pens v5.1 GWX Version
Aces' Super Turms v6 for GWX
MaGui 3.4
optional-stopwatch with speed lines for MaGui 3.4
TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui 3.4 (NYGM-GWX-WAC)
Aces' Super Turms v6 Damo's Type 7 Atmospheric Interior lighting add-on
Aces' Repositioned 105 mm Gun on Types 9b and 9c plus New Type 9b Deck Railings
Aces' Type 9 c-1 Super Turm (Old Emblems Compat v3.2) Alt Grill + 3x MG-34 version for GWX
Aces' MaGUI v3.4 (Non-Widescreen version) add-on v3 for Super Turms 5+ & Multimod compatability Fix v1.3
Unofficial_rockets_fix_GWX3.0
Optional_16km
Aces' Supplement to V16B1 MaGUI v3.4 Compat add-on
More wounded & less dead crew v2 - for V16B1 (JSGME)
O2-Gauges v2
Carotio_SH3_Seafloormod - 256mb
WB's Mission Orders v1.2
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
IXD2 Spike

everything works fine until a depth charge is dropped. and i have this issue in career and single missions. i also use gwx3 gold, sh3 commander with WB's warning orders installed with a seperate jsgme and h.sie patch/4gb patch. win 7 64, i7, 16gb ram. Thanks, James.

RConch
09-06-13, 09:20 AM
You should not expect what works for one will work for another. That is one huge list. I use about 10 mods with GWX max.
Sadly, you may have to go through the entire list to see what is the conflict, one at a time and build your soup from there. I have no clue with that laundry list.

sublynx
09-06-13, 01:52 PM
You do have a lot of mods there. Take out the other half of the mods and see if that solves your problem. If the CTD's continue take another half off and so on until you find the one with the problem.

It is of course possible that the problem is caused by a combination of mods and then it might be too demanding to find the cause.

brett25
09-07-13, 03:59 AM
thats too bad...

these mods (listed below) are extremely heavy and require quite a bit of RAM to run. You must have the 4gb patched exe, i think to have any luck with the mod list you have...your probably having memory issues.....if all else fails try removing these mods and see if that helps

WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010

Aces' St.Nazaire Super Pens v5.1 GWX Version

GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6

glanfield
09-07-13, 05:21 AM
I have found the problem, took all the mods out 1 by one and i didnt find it but then i took out the mods in batches of 4 and finally located the issue, the Depthcharge shake v2.01 mod was conflicting with something but am not sure what its conflicting with. so i took it out and now i have no issues. have played now 5 single missions all the naval academy and 4 patrols in career and not a single ctd after i removed that mod.:up: Thanks to everyone for there suggestions. and maybe this thread will help others if they get a ctd when depth charges are dropped.