PDA

View Full Version : California could become the strictest Gun Control State in the Union soon

Feuer Frei!
08-16-13, 03:39 AM
How? Ammunition Registry.

To soon yet to say how it'll pan out but it's a possibility.

A group of bills moving through California's assembly and senate--including one to create a database for ammunition purchases--could create the strictest gun control laws of any state in the union.

SOURCE (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/12/California-Set-To-Become-Strictest-Gun-Control-State-With-Ammunition-Registry)

Cybermat47
08-16-13, 04:49 AM
In before the crazy posts that almost make me want to kill myself when I'm suffering from depression like I am now.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 08:32 AM
I've heard about this awhile ago. I think it's completely idiotic for three reasons:

1.) This is just going to drive people to make their ammo purchases out of state. You do not have to be a resident of another state to buy ammo in it.

2.) They're going to lose some tax revenue.

3.) There are many sportsman like my father who really don't pay attention to this stuff. My dad goes upland bird hunting or deer/elk hunting on occasion. The instant people like him ahve to start registering ammo, it's going to get their attention.

I know for fact that If... no scratch that... WHEN this passes, ill probably be buying ammo for relatives. Just this year, I've already purchased almost 750 rounds of handgun ammo so my mom can get her practice in, because the stuff is nearly a dollar a round over there according to her.

As an aside, you can find a complete list of draconian PRC shennigans here:
( All 2013 Gun Legislation (http://www.gunownersca.com/legislation/currentlegislationmenu/2013-legislation) )

As for being the most strict, we'll see. The super progressive areas seem to be in a competition with one another as to who can take the biggest crap on peoples constitutional rights.

AVGWarhawk
08-16-13, 08:41 AM
I'm not surprised. CA is it's own country operating under it's own laws and regulations. :doh:

Ducimus
08-16-13, 08:50 AM
I'm not surprised. CA is it's own country operating under it's own laws and regulations. :doh:

Well, it ain't called the Peoples Republic of California for no reason at all. :O:

Also known as the PRK by those that prefer to spell California with a K in reference to the former governator i guess. PRC, PRK, same thing. Other nick names is "Cantaffordya". Or you can combine the two, Peoples Reublic of Cantaffordya. As a former resident, I've earned my stripes to critique the place as much as i want.

AVGWarhawk
08-16-13, 08:52 AM
San Andreas Fault. We gotz it.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 08:56 AM
You know some day the "Big one" is gonna hit. I just hope my parents retire and move out of that cesspool before it does. When that earthquake hit's, the aftermath is probably gonna make Katrina look like small potato's. While i'm sure the damage to structures and infrastructures will be great, it's the lawlessness that will ensue that worries me most. Places like Pomona and other inner cities are going to be absolute hell holes, and there will be no escape from the state. The freeways will be all but impassable, trapping everyone there.

AVGWarhawk
08-16-13, 09:00 AM
Yes, one day it will hit. I'm certain it is monitored closely in hopes of making a prediction when it might happen. Preparing ahead helps in the aftermath.

August
08-16-13, 09:02 AM
As for being the most strict, we'll see. The super progressive areas seem to be in a competition with one another as to who can take the biggest crap on peoples constitutional rights.

Yep the axe is almost ready to descend here in Massachusetts too. There are a raft of anti-2A bills from liability insurance to outright bans working their way though the legislature.

Sailor Steve
08-16-13, 09:03 AM
This reminds me of the flap twenty years ago when someone was proposing putting serial numbers on bullets.
:rotfl2:

Of course one solution is to get a machine and make your own. :sunny:

...those that prefer to spell California with a K in reference to the former governator i guess.
It goes back much further than that. It's likely to make it look more "German" (i.e. "Nazi"). Don't forget the right-wingers who like to spell the former president's name "Klinton". I know Kalifornia predates that.

Similarly, the phrase "Californicate" is a lot older than the recent TV series. Back in 1972 there was a proposal to allow California to build their own dam in Utah to get the electricity they so desperately needed. Utah would have made money off of the deal, but eventually it was voted down. The phrase even then was "Don't Californicate Utah".

Ducimus
08-16-13, 11:16 AM
This reminds me of the flap twenty years ago when someone was proposing putting serial numbers on bullets.
:rotfl2:

Don't laugh, I'm not sure if it made it into law, but last I heard they are putting microstamp requirements on all handguns.

Of course one solution is to get a machine and make your own. :sunny:

Reloading. I swear most everyone I know has a bench somewhere in their house.

It goes back much further than that. It's likely to make it look more "German" (i.e. "Nazi"). Don't forget the right-wingers who like to spell the former president's name "Klinton". I know Kalifornia predates that.

Ok, i stand corrected. I didn't know that.

Similarly, the phrase "Californicate" is a lot older than the recent TV series. Back in 1972 there was a proposal to allow California to build their own dam in Utah to get the electricity they so desperately needed. Utah would have made money off of the deal, but eventually it was voted down. The phrase even then was "Don't Californicate Utah".

Don't Californicate Utah? Now there's a slogan and train of thought I can get behind! :up:

soopaman2
08-16-13, 11:31 AM
I do not mean this any demeaning way towards anyone who lives there...

Why is this state always the benchmark of liberal?

And despite the failures is always emulated by other states.

I am liberal by belief, but ya mess with guns, you may as well revoke the bill of rights as a whole, see how many happy voices there are then.

When you are forced to quarter troops, or drawn and quartering is an acceptable death, no due process, guillty before proven innocent...

Once you lose one, the others will follow.

Don't listen to me though..I am scum

(I edited spelling here, my whole post is crap)

Ducimus
08-16-13, 11:41 AM

I'm going guess for two reasons:

1. The PRC tends to pass more progressive laws first.

2. Bay area / San francisco. I think somehow it is the posterchild of liberal progressive for varying reasons. Gay rights movement comes to mind, i think it's the cradle of it.

Which is sad, because the exact opposite should be happening. The state being shown as a shining example of what not to do.

I am liberal by belief, but ya mess with guns, you may as well revoke the bill of rights as a whole, see how many happy voices there are then.

Then among the liberal minded your probably a very small minority. Usually the words "liberal" and "guns" in the same sentence equates to "Anti".

When you are forced to quarter troops, or drawn and quartering is an acceptable death, no due process, guillty before proven innocent...

You may find this video interesting.
Rights Versus Privileges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjlzIBSFl0E)

soopaman2
08-16-13, 11:53 AM
Being silly. I am always being silly, to the point when I am serious It goes as a non sequitor event.:D

Anti guns is a test probe, as it is the easiest to take away in our bill of rights.

Liberal? I do not think grandma should starve to feed the banks, that is my liberalness.

Other than that, a free man should be able to do as he pleases as long as it does not infringe on another rights to life liberty, and the pursuit of happyness.

Maybe that is more libertarian or progressive? Not sure.

But not all Libs wish to kill guns.

*hugs his ar-15*

Ducimus
08-16-13, 11:58 AM
Your probably more libertarian. Look into it, see if you fit the definition. Myself, I can't say i'm 100% libertarian, but most of my ideals and thoughts lean toward the libertarian camp.

Oberon
08-16-13, 12:22 PM
In before the crazy posts that almost make me want to kill myself when I'm suffering from depression like I am now.

Do yourself a favour laddie, when you have a black day, don't open up GT, stick to the Flightsim forum or General Games. It just ain't worth it.

Aktungbby
08-16-13, 12:30 PM
As a still-active security officer, both plainclothes and uniformed, I'm 50/50 on the issue. As an alarm agent or on duty at a court of appeals, federal housing project, social security office or base police at a now defunct field, the potential to be on the receiving end heightens the senses somewhat in sunny (but loco) CA. and you view the matter from BEHIND the visor slits and kevlar. My solution is to follow the 2nd amendment with its ';' precisely as it states-a "well ordered militia"! Everyone must own and report regularly so the sergeants can sort out the nut cases, tweakers and a schizos,. They do it in Switzerland. I believe old T.J. had this in mind as he was a defacto member of the Monticello militia himself (in case Tecumsah showed up or a John Brown.) Naturally, the village drunk wasn't going to shoulder a musket and in Switzerland absinth is outlawed after a militia man went nuts.:arrgh!:

August
08-16-13, 12:34 PM
But not all Libs wish to kill guns.

*hugs his ar-15*

Pro-gun Dems need to start making more noise in their party.

Armistead
08-16-13, 12:38 PM
I'm glad Ruger is moving to our poor county, bringing about 500 jobs and taking over a closed mill, win win. Screw you Ca., NC loves Ruger.

http://www.rceno.com/RCENO/sturm-ruger-company-to-create-more-than-450-jobs-in-rockingham-county/

These damn liberals, getting sick of the communist bas'terds. The gun laws have done nothing. Like Duci said, the criminals and gangs will get guns or ammo elsewhere

soopaman2
08-16-13, 12:52 PM
Pro-gun Dems need to start making more noise in their party.

We need our media to want to hear our message.

The only one I ever saw do something on libs with guns was Fox, in a very tasteful and non offending piece.

It was in between them loving Palin, and endorsing Bachmann, so I kinda tuned out. But the piece was well done, and showed they can do non partisan pieces.

MSNBC/CNN Still waiting.

Just one non partisan skewed segment...Just one. Liberal press plays defense constantly. Rachel Maddow is the last liberal with balls, the rest are neutered or scared of Bill O rielly or Hannity (Big Hannity fan here) Love Redeye too.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 01:11 PM
I just have to say it is all too easy to paint with a wide brush on this issue. I curse liberal progressives the most, because they are the creme de la creme of the Democrats. It's the Democrats who seems to want to take away our constitutional rights the most, and of that group, liberal progressives are the worst; which is why they get most of my ire.

On the same token, it is not lost on me that it was under a Republican president that the Patriot Act was signed into law. So they aren't guilt free either. To be clear, I'm not anti democrat or anti liberal progressive so much as I am against any group that would take a giant crap on our constitutional rights. As Patrick Henry once said, Give me liberty, or give me death.

TLAM Strike
08-16-13, 01:12 PM
My solution is to follow the 2nd amendment with its ';' precisely as it states-a "well ordered militia"! Everyone must own and report regularly so the sergeants can sort out the nut cases, tweakers and a schizos,.

As per US law the militias are already ordered.

There is the organized militias of the states (the National Guard)

and (in the US Code) all able bodied male citizens 17 to 45 who are considered part of the Reserve or Unorganized Militia.

In that case the 2nd makes a lot of sense: The militia (which is basically every citizen) being necessary for defense shall have the right to own weapons.

Stealhead
08-16-13, 01:20 PM
California is so messed that after the nuclear war in the Fallout universe the "New California Republic" forms of course with good intentions but in the end it winds up as a useless bureaucracy.

Maybe not so inaccurate governments usually start with good intent and then progressively become a confused mess.

That whole Utah dam that Sailor Steve mentioned I understand that this has happened in other parts of the country since then.In most cases it is within the same state border a larger water dry area buying water from a rich area in another part of the state.Bad deal I say within or across state lines.

Anyway the topic of water mark my words wars will be fought over clean water in this century without doubt perhaps in the next decade or two.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 01:26 PM
Anyway the topic of water mark my words wars will be fought over clean water in this century without doubt perhaps in the next decade or two.

I find myself intrigued because I'm aware of some of California's water situation. Maybe you could start a new thread and elaborate?

soopaman2
08-16-13, 01:28 PM
California is so messed that after the nuclear war in the Fallout universe the "New California Republic" forms of course with good intentions but in the end it winds up as a useless bureaucracy.

Maybe not so inaccurate governments usually start with good intent and then progressively become a confused mess.

Having a convo with a friend online, from Cali about this subject.

He blames the fact that everything on Cali has to be voted on , the people always vote for less taxes and more services, which drove him to Colorado, he pays half the taxes there, and gets more bang from his buck in taxes paid. Services are lacking. Taxes always paid..

Cali is messed up, it is broken. I believe that more now after talking to some asshat I play call of duty with.

edit.Less taxes in Colorado? He owns a business, Cali is horrid on small bussiness.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 01:40 PM
He blames the fact that everything on Cali has to be voted on , the people always vote for less taxes and more services,

Ah yeah, i forgot about that. The OTHER reason why it is "The peoples republic". I think he's referring to the PRC's broken proposition system. Found a couple articles on it if your interested.

California Propositions Are a Bankrupt Idea (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/california-propositions-a_b_228569.html)
Reforming California’s broken proposition system (http://ivn.us/2010/05/27/reforming-californias-broken-proposition-system/)

I think the first article said it best,
It was based on the premise of full-participation democracy of an informed citizenry, but even the Founding Fathers understood that that had its limits. America is not a democracy, it's a representative democracy
Although I question the author's use of "representative democracy" over "constitutional republic".

Aktungbby
08-16-13, 01:42 PM

Actually some of us would like to revoke Guadaloupe Hidalgo(treaty) and give back everything south of Modesto to Atahualpa or his minions; We'd keep the water and skip the Grand Canal to LA! As Pres. TR explained it once "CA is west of the west". By all means visit, spend your money THEN go home! We need to turn the plant inspecton stations into immigration turn arounds; liberal mein arsen!:arrgh!:

Stealhead
08-16-13, 01:45 PM
I find myself intrigued because I'm aware of some of California's water situation. Maybe you could start a new thread and elaborate?

I recon I could.I just recall I took this college course on state and local government.The professor was very good about getting officials to come in and talk about their job of course some where elected officials trying to sound perfect some where honest though.

Anyway one person who came in was the spokesperson for the local water management district he was not elected and he was very non political.

He set up this picture first thing of this old west painting which showed several men down in a natural spring defending it from attack.It had to do with the range wars out west in the post civil war years.A big part of that was in fact control of water.

I had not heard of these water "sharing" deals before he mentioned some of the ones in Florida a relatively water rich state until he mentioned them.He said they are common especially in the mid-west and west.

Hoover dam for example that was built for two things power and to supply water to much of the West Ca,Az, the lake it created Lake Mead the lake has dropped over 100 ft in 70 years such is the level of water consumption.Of course keep in mind that since Hoover damn project many others have completed or proposed since then.

Anyway I took from this speaker that water clean water was a rapidly dwindling resource.Of course someone said "but there is water everywhere" and the man said "yes but not clean water".

For example few people realize the heavy metals like mercury when they get into water they do not go away it takes a very long time for that mercury has one hell of a half life.What happens is it just sits on the bottom in the muck.This is why in many places they can not dredge the bottom anymore.

Give me some time to do find some data on the topic I can start a thread about dwindling clean water.
Of course this will take few a few hours and I am not even at the house yet so if you have the time
you can find a boat load of links on the web and no doubt there are plenty of you tube vids on the topic of dwindling world wide water.So if you or anyone else who might be interested wants to go ahead and start that topic feel free I have a feeling that several members would be interested.

I have already found some interesting looking papers in PDF from by various think tanks of course I am not able to really digest them at the moment.

Of course as along as we have walked this planet it has pretty much been about one thing controlling valuable resources.You either worked out a deal with others for something in trade or you killed them for taking your resources collectively speaking.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 01:45 PM
Actually some of us would like to revoke Guadaloupe Hidalgo(treaty) and give back everything south of Modesto to Atahualpa or his minions; We'd keep the water and skip the Grand Canal to LA! As Pres. TR explained it once "CA is west of the west". By all means visit, spend your money THEN go home! We need to turn the plant inspecton stations into immigration turn arounds; liberal mein arsen!:arrgh!:

Meh, California is a province of Mexico already. While I was still living there, you'd see Mexican flags, or the Mexican colors far and away more often then that of the United States.

soopaman2
08-16-13, 01:50 PM
Yeah Stealhead, mercury is serious crap.

It is why you see Tilapia becoming common, it grows fast and has little time to absorb Murcury, which is accumulative. Or as you ingest more, it builds up.

(edit, your old fish, Tuna or cod, crabs have a mercury content to them, as they take years before they are caught.)

Wolferz
08-16-13, 01:50 PM
Putting the arguments for Liberal Democrat or Conservative Republican blame aside, because both parties are in collusion on about every issue,
I see gun control as being merely hitting what you aim at.
The first red flag pops up when you look at the well regulated militias who protect the free states. They have been regulated by the federal government for years now and are usually the first to be shoved into harms way. Followed closely by the reserves, then the regulars.

There is too much back door wrangling going on in many states and the congress to turn our constitutional rights into privileges.

Regulating and recording ammunition purchases is just another way to circumvent our rights. Loading your own ammo really won't work either, because they'll just regulate and record your powder and percussion cap shell purchases.
Catch 22? Hell yes!
I hate dictators! It's a pity that most are unable to recognize them.:-?
Ostriches with their heads buried I suppose.:hmmm:

soopaman2
08-16-13, 01:56 PM
I would rather go back to cold war, and diving under my desk in duck and cover drills, than the farce we gotta deal with now.

I am so reminded by the cold war fears, except now I know I may end up in a cuban prison if some overpaid government agent hates what I post.

Senator McCarthy is cackling in his grave.

George Orwell is even happier.

mookiemookie
08-16-13, 01:57 PM
I am liberal by belief, but ya mess with guns, you may as well revoke the bill of rights as a whole, see how many happy voices there are then. I like guns. I own one. But I don't really get all spun up over gun registration or waiting period laws though, since it doesn't really stop the people who want guns from getting them. But then again I think gun bans are pretty silly too. So I guess if that makes me somewhat of a pro-gun liberal, so be it.

Not like it would matter one bit if there was ever an armed rebellion, a drone strike would make you a grease spot no matter what kind of gun you were holding.

But in the words of the wise philosopher Notorious BIG - "there's gonna be a lot of slow singing and flower bringing if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Although I question the author's use of "representative democracy" over "constitutional republic".

They're not mutually exclusive and our government, both state and federal, includes many elements of rep. dem. Splitting hairs.

Takeda Shingen
08-16-13, 02:01 PM

The alternatives to which are an authoritarian state-capitalism, anarcho-capitalist feudal system and a totalitarian fascist police state. What does that say about the state of politics?

Stealhead
08-16-13, 02:23 PM
The alternatives to which are an authoritarian state-capitalism, anarcho-capitalist feudal system and a totalitarian fascist police state. What does that say about the state of politics?

That most people think that their system is the ideal way to do things and the others are foolish.Really though a compromise is best in most cases I think.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 02:24 PM
I would rather go back to cold war, and diving under my desk in duck and cover drills, than the farce we gotta deal with now.

I am so reminded by the cold war fears, except now I know I may end up in a cuban prison if some overpaid government agent hates what I post.

Senator McCarthy is cackling in his grave.

George Orwell is even happier.

Herman Goering called it (http://www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.asp) out before we were even born.

What people need to start asking themselves, is, "Do I want my descendents to live without the same liberty and freedoms that I had when I was born?" because we ARE at a crossroads, and we really do have a ruling class, (a serious argument for congressional term limits) that have been in a slow but steady process of securing more power for themselves, and they've been using the Terrorism boogeyman as a blank check to do what they want.

It's a serious question that people need to ask themselves. Are you willing to let your children, or your childrens children live without the same freedoms and liberty that you had when you were born? I am not, and I am willing to go the full measure if it becomes necessary.

That said, we are a ways off from the Ammo box. (which to get back on topic, is exactly what the CA government wants to get rid of) The ballot box isn't too far off though, and failing that there's still the jury box. Let's just hope things don't ever have to go farther then that, but If they happen to in my lifetime, then I guess I will probably be participating in a new chapter in American history.

Sailor Steve
08-16-13, 02:31 PM
Herman Goering called it out before we were even born.
And James Madison long before he was born.
"Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad.”

Though a direct democracy is not a republic, the ancient Greeks equated the two, and their governments are sometimes referred to as Republics. Therefore ancient Athens could be called a Democracy that is not a Republic.

In the Roman Republic the representatives were not elected, so Rome was a Republic that was not a Democracy.

"Representative Democracy" and "Republic" are so close that I think once again you are going out of your way to pick nits.

Wolferz
08-16-13, 02:34 PM
I'm sure Booz-Allen-Hamilton has you pegged on a list already, Mister Ducimus. Probably me as well, simply because I've had military training in explosives.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 02:37 PM
I think once again you are going out of your way to pick nits.

In this day and age, I scrutinize everything I read for political bias and to what degree it is biased. There's almost always an agenda, and there is no unbiased news source.

EDIT:
I'm sure Booz-Allen-Hamilton has you pegged on a list already, Mister Ducimus. Probably me as well, simply because I've had military training in explosives.

According to the DHS, I am already considered extremist because I believe in the Constitution of the United States.

EDIT:
And James Madison long before he was born.
"Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad.”

Good point.

soopaman2
08-16-13, 02:43 PM
Me too Ducimus, I am extremist because I question my government.

Maybe we will be cellmates.:salute:

I'll show ya the tuck my junk and cluck like a chicken dance.

Ducimus
08-16-13, 02:50 PM

Nothing personal, and I'm not saying I don't like ya, but I hope that is NEVER the case. Because if it is, then just about everything in this country has gone horribly wrong. (not sure if that's a laughing joke or not :shifty: )

vienna
08-16-13, 02:57 PM

I thought there was a provision against cruel and unusual punishment...

<O>

soopaman2
08-16-13, 03:06 PM
I thought there was a provision against cruel and unusual punishment...

<O>

Nope all out the window.

My dance is not a punishment but a blessing.

Daniel Radcliffe (harry potter) did naked stuff with a horse, Yoko Ono did, err, she uhhh, errr...Uhhh whatever...

Do not fear art my friend. *clucks like a chicken*

vienna
08-16-13, 03:15 PM
My dance is not a punishment but a blessing.

He's too humble to say how proud he is of his modesty...

<O>

Aktungbby
08-16-13, 06:29 PM
Yeah Stealhead, mercury is serious crap.

It is why you see Tilapia becoming common, it grows fast and has little time to absorb Murcury, which is accumulative. Or as you ingest more, it builds up.

(edit, your old fish, Tuna or cod, crabs have a mercury content to them, as they take years before they are caught.)
I love sushi; is this why I'm mad as a hatter?!:arrgh!:

Stealhead
08-16-13, 07:40 PM
I think the real reason Tilapia is more popular is because it has been less fished than other species and therefore less strictly regulated.
Most Tilapia is farm raised as well though that does not mean that the water is clean.

I heard that in Australia they where experimenting with ways to farm raise Tuna.Not in ponds but in netted off locations in the ocean you could control their diet that way and also remove some of the strain on wild Tuna.They already do this with Salmon not enough to meet demands.

I believe that the mercury level has more to do with the fishes diet all the larger fish like Tuna eat lots of other fish so they of course become a sponge for all the crap the other fish ate.In the sea the higher up you are on the food chain the more mercury you ingest because all the fish you eat have absorbed mercury and that gets passed on to you.Kind of funny I think poison the water poison yourself.

Anyway in California poaching of abalone is a real problem.

Wolferz
08-16-13, 08:15 PM
How did we end up on this Cul-de-Sac?:haha:

Armistead
08-16-13, 11:14 PM
How did we end up on this Cul-de-Sac?:haha:

I'm not even gonna ask how a gun thread turned into a proper diet for Tuna..

Only at Subsim:haha:

Aktungbby
08-17-13, 12:50 AM
It seems fishy to me too; lets get back to everyone carries a Lemat Eh Armistad... nine .44s and a sawed-off shotgun all in one and black powder ain't really regulated...no waiting even in CA! Now that's a hand gun! Ol' JEB had one!:arrgh!:

CaptainMattJ.
08-17-13, 12:51 AM
Useless legislation. This state is going down the toilet.

Which is a tragedy to say the least because in the way of entertainment and culture its a helluva state to live in. But our legislators have their heads up their bums and its already largely a dump in the valleys. The valleys are more like spotted good communities surrounded by dumps.

And the effects of the state's deterioration will be felt everywhere else too, being the most populace state in the union and a massive hub of business and trade.

Wolferz
08-17-13, 05:28 PM
Well, they simply must legislate against guns and ammo because the state has the highest ratio of wackos per square mile than any other. The legislators also know that if they keep writing and passing laws that curtail the rights of their citizens, they'll have an armed mob descend on Sacramento in the very near future and that will just be the Los Angeles body shop owners.

WernherVonTrapp
08-17-13, 06:08 PM
Well, they simply must legislate against guns and ammo because the state has the highest ratio of wackos per square mile than any other.
No, that distinction belongs to NJ. I also think CA & NJ are in a running game of one-upmanship when it comes to gun legislation.

August
08-17-13, 06:15 PM
No, that distinction belongs to NJ. I also think CA & NJ are in a running game of one-upmanship when it comes to gun legislation.

Massachusetts leads them both and has a raft of anti-gun legislation still pending.

em2nought
08-17-13, 06:23 PM
I think the real reason Tilapia is more popular is because it has been less fished than other species and therefore less strictly regulated.
Most Tilapia is farm raised as well though that does not mean that the water is clean.

Man, you should see how dirty my Tilapia pond water is. lol I really really have to thin the herd. Just saw new fingerlings in there this week. Luckily I've got a Thai cook indentured to me so gonna have panang nin fish this week! :up:

Tribesman
08-17-13, 06:32 PM
It seems fishy to me too; lets get back to everyone carries a Lemat Eh Armistad...
Now that's I gun I have wanted to own for a long time.

Aktungbby
08-18-13, 09:12 PM
Now that's I gun I have wanted to own for a long time.
A fine thing! Was in Galway where my daughter's final semester in college was studying folk music. Got held up at Shannon for the week from the Iceland volcano; but getting stuck in Ireland is not stuck at all! My rugby coach is from Galway as well. Toured the Cliffs of Mohr, the burial sites from the stone age, Guinness and Jamieson, and drove from Cork to Galway without killing anybody (left side of the road for a Yank!). Cannot wait to get back!:arrgh!:

Sailor Steve
08-18-13, 09:35 PM
It seems fishy to me too; lets get back to everyone carries a Lemat Eh Armistad... nine .44s and a sawed-off shotgun all in one and black powder ain't really regulated...no waiting even in CA! Now that's a hand gun! Ol' JEB had one!:arrgh!:
Unless of course it chain-fires like a Remington, which in this case could break your wrist and forearm in three different places.

Armistead
08-18-13, 10:17 PM

I only have one gun, an old black powder double barrel and one of the barrels falls when you fire it if you don't hold it firmly. If the Yank SOB's {US govt} ever want my ONLY gun, I will gladly give it to them.:D

em2nought
08-18-13, 11:39 PM
....a matched pair would be nice, but a repro colt or remington is sooooooo much cheaper that my frugal nature wouldn't go for it. :wah:

Tribesman
08-19-13, 02:48 AM
Was in Galway where my daughter's final semester in college was studying folk music. Got held up at Shannon for the week from the Iceland volcano; but getting stuck in Ireland is not stuck at all! My rugby coach is from Galway as well. Toured the Cliffs of Mohr, the burial sites from the stone age, Guinness and Jamieson, and drove from Cork to Galway without killing anybody (left side of the road for a Yank!). Cannot wait to get back!:arrgh!:
Town is a great place for the students, especially for the music.
Which pubs did she study in?
Tigh Coili, The Crane , Aras na Gael, Taafes and Tigh Neactain are my top 5 for taking the yanks to for music.
Cliffs of Moher, better waves than Hawaii and more consistant, if you can get out to them:03:

Aktungbby
08-19-13, 10:58 AM
Unless of course it chain-fires like a Remington, which in this case could break your wrist and forearm in three different places.
That would be a greater hazard with my Colt's revolving rifle with a latent danger to the forearm when IT chain fires. Love the American Derringer in 45-70 with under barrel as .410 shot gun... same impact-to-hand issue. I own an original long trapdoor Springfield in 45-70 and that is the only round I reload in black or modern powder; The Sharp's carbine 45-70 is fussier and only takes factory rounds. If George had had those at the Greasy Grass, he could have held out till Terry arrived since they have no real eject spring problem... his poor maneuvering aside of course. Reno was luckier as two of his packers HAD two long trapdoors which effectively kept the native legions at a distance for two days.:arrgh!:

Aktungbby
08-19-13, 11:12 AM
Town is a great place for the students, especially for the music.
Which pubs did she study in?
Tigh Coili, The Crane , Aras na Gael, Taafes and Tigh Neactain are my top 5 for taking the yanks to for music.
Cliffs of Moher, better waves than Hawaii and more consistant, if you can get out to them:03:
All of em' as it was an academic study...! Actually did the pub crawl in Dublin hosted by two professional folk musicians who played and commented on folk style; and hired my own historian for a guided tour of Dublin. Subsequently, my daughter put on a museum display in Oregon of Irish Folk music, when not managing the International Zinfandel Wine festival. She is finishing her masters in museum science at the Smithsonian. Played rugby (hooker) in the mid seventies with a touring side in Galway, so this was a return visit. I liked the Puffins of Moher too!:arrgh!:

Tribesman
08-19-13, 11:32 AM
All of em' as it was a academic study.
Best excuse ever:up:
Which sides did you play in the tour?
Hughses bar used to always have a lot of touring teams in.

Aktungbby
08-19-13, 12:56 PM
Best excuse ever:up:
Which sides did you play in the tour?
Hughses bar used to always have a lot of touring teams in.
Truly cannot recall,.. as the postgame Bachus rites were fabulous and we travelled to New Zealand and Australia after that. My club was the Seahawks, after my four years playing for my college, until a broken jaw ended my career... I do recall we actually won a game. God bless our Welch coaches for that... just across the Irish Sea. They trained the scrum to "run under a blanket" so we had some advantage of weight in the rucks and mauls against innately more experienced players. I'm in my Guinness rugby jersey as I close the convoy!:arrgh!:

Wolferz
08-19-13, 01:36 PM
Anyone want to lay wagers that these gun control measures will do absolutely nothing to curtail gun violence in the state of California?
All it will do is give Sacramento the big picture on who owns weapons and who's buying ammo for the weapons. Well, everyone except the gang bangers and the criminals. Your state taxes at work breeding excuses for more taxes.:-?:up:

Aktungbby
08-19-13, 02:18 PM
YOUR probably right! Out here Gangbanger is one word just as damnyankee is for Armistead,( hey! my correction gizmo didn't even redline it for correction as it does for damnyankee) :arrgh!:

Ducimus
08-19-13, 02:37 PM
There isn't no "probably" about it. No gun control legislature they can pass is going to do anything about the crime in California. It's all political so politicians can break their own arms patting themselves on the back for "having done something".

It's all hot air, and in the end, it's the average law abiding citizen who ends up dealing with the consequences of all the political maneuvering that did nothing but further infringe on their constitutional rights.

I'm glad I don't live there anymore, and there isn't a thing in the world that would ever convince me to live there ever again.

Madox58
08-19-13, 02:51 PM
Californicatia is already a seperate Nation-State that leads the way for undermineing the rest of the U.S. of A.
I pray for the Great Quake or Sunami myself.

Ducimus
08-19-13, 02:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9NrTZPXCDo

Tchocky
08-19-13, 03:01 PM

Serious or hyperbole?

Madox58
08-19-13, 03:11 PM
Serious or hyperbole?
Serious. It's one area I have no issues with seeing it go missing.
Live there? So sorry for you but you got's to go if you do.

Tchocky
08-19-13, 03:13 PM
Serious. It's one area I have no issues with seeing it go missing.
Live there? So sorry for you but you got's to go if you do.

Jesus wept. :nope:

And you say Californians are the problem.

Madox58
08-19-13, 03:33 PM
You assume incorrectly that I care what you think of me.
Yes. I'd enjoy watching the news channels as that part of the World sunk into the Great White hunting zone.

Tchocky
08-19-13, 03:37 PM
You assume incorrectly that I care what you think of me.

Well now you've gone and hurt my feelings :roll:

I don't care. People who gleefully anticipate natural disasters aren't worth my time.

Madox58
08-19-13, 03:43 PM
Jesus wept when Lazarus died. Then he raised him from the dead.
I'm not Jesus. I do not forgive.

You wasted time by your own actions. Not mine.
Have a nice day.

Takeda Shingen
08-19-13, 03:45 PM

Have a nice day.

Come on man, you're better than this. Unbridled hate doesn't suit you; it isn't who you are.

Tchocky
08-19-13, 03:46 PM

That's a strange thing to say.

I was using the phrase in the casual sense of exasperation and mild disgust. It may not be colloquial to you.

Uh?

Madox58
08-19-13, 04:00 PM
Takeda,

I do not hate. That emotion left me long ago on a battlefield.
Just as I feel no jealousy when my wife flirts with other Guys.
(She's a Bar Maid by the way and has a 'thing' for Jim :haha:)

It's not hate that has me aware of the problems in many areas.

Ducimus
08-19-13, 04:04 PM
Privateer,
As much as I'd love to see California finally have "The Big one" and fall off the United States map as well, I can give you one good reason why you don't want to see that happen.

It would cause waves of refugees that would spread like a cancer to the rest of the US. For evidence of that, from what I understand, one need look no further then Colorado. I've heard that some years back, a large number of Californians moved to Colorado. Now look at what that's turned into today with their current legislation. At least without any natural disaster, the cancer that is the California is more contained then it would be otherwise.

As an aside, I think it's sad that I can spot Californians very easily. I used to be one, I guess I ought to know; but It's not hard, especially here in Utah. They're the impatient, self centered people with a sense of entitlement that absolutely cannot stand being inconvenienced in the slightest. I've proven this several times after seeing people behaving very poorly in public, and then was curious enough to see what plates are on the car they were driving. More often then not, they're Californian plates. Seeings how I'm not far from a college town area, i see this more often then I care to.

Madox58
08-19-13, 04:12 PM
Ducimus,

I respect your thoughts and you know that. When (Not if) it happens? It will be what it is at that moment.
That's called life or whatever name you wish to tag it with.
The only fear I could hold would be what will the Gov do at that time?
Will there be placements on the mountains to hold back the hords?
How will those Gov forces react? And how will it affect the rest of this Country?

Tchocky
08-19-13, 04:22 PM
As much as I'd love to see California finally have "The Big one" and fall off the United States map as well, I can give you one good reason why you don't want to see that happen.

It would cause waves of refugees that would spread like a cancer to the rest of the US. For evidence of that, from what I understand, one need look no further then Colorado. I've heard that some years back, a large number of Californians moved to Colorado. Now look at what that's turned into today with their current legislation. At least without any natural disaster, the cancer that is the California is more contained then it would be otherwise.

Ugh.

August
08-19-13, 04:30 PM
Ducimus,

I respect your thoughts and you know that. When (Not if) it happens? It will be what it is at that moment.
That's called life or whatever name you wish to tag it with.
The only fear I could hold would be what will the Gov do at that time?
Will there be placements on the mountains to hold back the hords?
How will those Gov forces react? And how will it affect the rest of this Country?

Unfortunately as I understand it California can't fall into the ocean as everything west of the San Andreas is already sitting on the Pacific plate.

Ducimus
08-19-13, 04:44 PM
Ugh.

:haha:

Since your so happy with what I said, ill say a little more.

I have the opinion that I do, AND..... I was born in California. I grew up there. From kindergarten through high school. The state was my Home of Record while in the military. When I got out of the military, I went to college there. After that, I worked and lived there for over a decade.

What makes me different then other people from there? Being former military, I'm fairly well traveled. I've lived in other parts of the country, and other parts of the world. When I moved away from that cesspool called California for the last time, I did so with the knowledge that a different place means a different culture, different attitudes, and different beliefs. I left California behind me, and I did NOT bring it with me. Unlike other people that I have seen. I moved, left California behind, I integrated into my new home, and became a Utahn. I'm quite proud of this state, and of my new home. It's where Ill raise my family, and where I will someday be buried when my time comes.

The Peoples Republic of Cantaffordya can kiss my buttocks! :haha:

Platapus
08-19-13, 04:44 PM
Californicatia is already a seperate Nation-State that leads the way for undermineing the rest of the U.S. of A.

When the big one comes, everything east of the SA fault will sink in to the Atlantic Ocean. :D

Platapus
08-19-13, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately as I understand it California can't fall into the ocean as everything west of the San Andreas is already sitting on the Pacific plate.

Yes, the plates are moving north east. So if anything "goes away" it will be Nevada.... There might be a downside to that though.

Madox58
08-19-13, 05:07 PM

Careful there! They may have a tax on that also!
:D

Ducimus
08-19-13, 06:10 PM
Careful there! They may have a tax on that also!
:D

That would not surprise me in the least.

Going to be being somewhat on topic:

California Rifle Identification Flowchart
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

That ought to make some heads hurt. Their laws are such a tangled web, a flowchart had to be created to figure out what is legal in that state and what isn't.

Edit: I just noticed that flowchart was made in 2011. It's probably even worse now.

Madox58
08-19-13, 06:19 PM
Being your out of the State?
Travel expenses will be applied for the State assigned butt kisser to visit you.

Jimbuna
08-20-13, 04:48 AM
Can we all stay classy please and try to get along.

You never know, I may have California on a future holiday wish list and if mrs buna reads this I'll be forced to scratch it off.

Ducimus
08-20-13, 06:22 AM
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4020/4434409336_7500ccf12f.jpg
Happy holiday!

Wolferz
08-20-13, 07:49 AM
The feds are putting the fence on the wrong border. Move it to the west in a more vertical fashion and install customs facilities.:up:

California IS like a country all its own...
One trip I made out there, I was stopped at the CA/NM border for a load check. They wanted to know what I was bringing into their state. I was like: Whisky Tango Foxtrot! over! Are you kidding me!?!?:huh::hmmm:
Every other state only wants to know how much you weigh.

I asked the guy; "Is Hamburger Helper considered contraband?" :stare: I was surprised that it wasn't. Bunch of Tofu eating idjits.

Aktungbby
08-20-13, 09:55 AM

Since your so happy with what I said, ill say a little more.

I have the opinion that I do, AND..... I was born in California. I grew up there. From kindergarten through high school. The state was my Home of Record while in the military. When I got out of the military, I went to college there. After that, I worked and lived there for over a decade.

What makes me different then other people from there? Being former military, I'm fairly well traveled. I've lived in other parts of the country, and other parts of the world. When I moved away from that cesspool called California for the last time, I did so with the knowledge that a different place means a different culture, different attitudes, and different beliefs. I left California behind me, and I did NOT bring it with me. Unlike other people that I have seen. I moved, left California behind, I integrated into my new home, and became a Utahn. I'm quite proud of this state, and of my new home. It's where Ill raise my family, and where I will someday be buried when my time comes.

THat's LECHEN mein ARSEN in the Uboot Waffe Ducibby.Transplanted my- self I might join you in Utah as they have better holidays; Pioneer Day and the opening of deer season.:arrgh!:

Aktungbby
08-20-13, 10:04 AM
Can we all stay classy please and try to get along.

You never know, I may have California on a future holiday wish list and if mrs buna reads this I'll be forced to scratch it off.
Send word ahead to the wine country we have soccer, rugby and castles too.:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
08-20-13, 10:18 AM
Happy holiday!

Recently learned a far more efficient mode whilst in Turkey and I know California has similar thermals :03:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6351/07mw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/07mw.jpg/)

Ducimus
08-20-13, 04:19 PM
More stupidity from the California, peoples republic of.

LA Community College drops NRA class after six years due to new regs (http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4994)

Now to be honest, I'm surprised that a community college would offer a firearms safety course. That said, I think it's a great idea. As much as liberals bitch about the NRA, the organization is the leading trainer in safe and proper handling, regardless if they choose to acknowledge that or not. As American citizens, we ALL have the right to keep and bear arms regardless if we choose to exercise that right or not. As a right that we are all supposed to have, proper training/education should be readily available for those who seek it.

That out of the way, here's the bit's that i really "liked".

Board of Trustees Vice President Scott Svonkin, author the resolution that ushered in the new rules, told Campus Reform last Monday he believes school’s have no place teaching students how to use guns —but that its educators and faculty do have a responsibility to “promote gun control.”

“She said they are not allowed to even have the mention of the world ‘gun’ in their campus catalog, which I find utterly ridiculous and a total violation of the First Amendment … now this is a First Amendment issue," he said.

Svonkin, who authored the resolution, told Campus Reform that he himself was not sure what “non-operational” meant.

“You know, I’m not an expert in guns,” he said.

“I believe that the NRA's goal is to promote gun ownership, and that guns lead to deaths,” he said. “So, not having the NRA teach classes, not having the NRA classes on our campuses, is a good thing.”

“I’m much happier with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department protecting our students and our staff and our faculty than having some random person who took a three-hour class and thinks that they’re Dirty Harry,” he added.

So according to these idiots:

- Training and education about guns is bad. Ignorance is preferred.

- In the liberal world, you can pick and choose what natural rights exist and throw the rest out if you don't like them.

- They're not sure about guns because they don't believe in educating themselves about them, nonetheless they ban stuff they don't understand because they're jackasses.

- Guns are evil that will make a person do stupid things. It's not the person, it's the gun!

I suppose it wont be too long before even going through a hunter's saftey course will cause issues over there. After all, going hunting involves guns! OMG! BAN IT!

EDIT:
On a more humorous note, I'll toss this video link in:

The Nature Of Guns (How Anti's Think They Behave) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGBEXlFS0H0)

Tchocky
08-20-13, 04:46 PM
Campus Reform - Objective and even-handed.

Stealhead
08-20-13, 04:46 PM
More stupidity from the California, peoples republic of.

I think that is pretty ridiculous when they make a rule that you can not even say a common word.:yeah:

You could use the word gun for so many non malicious reasons.For example how can you have a debate in a contemporary ethics class about gun control when you can not say the word gun on campus? Of course it says that they would not use it in the catalog not ban the word outright.

I would have a serious case of turrets syndrome at that campus.I would also have them play "I fought the Law" over the P.A. system.(2nd verse)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0sI6eFarFE

I have always challenged authority especially when it is corrupt(it always is in some way no matter the so called system being followed).I am surprised they allowed me to be an NCO in the Air Force of course that is because I actually did the job unlike half the people even in the military even as an NCO I stuck my neck out and said what I thought.If someone tried to mess with one of my troops and I knew it was bogus I would not stand for it either by going the official route or stepping out back if need be. Smart commanders actually like people like me being surrounded by yes men tends to blind you and it must get annoying receiving false respect.You want the real pulse not the one that you want to hear.

Ducimus
08-20-13, 04:54 PM
Campus Reform - Objective and even-handed.

Yeah the inference the name of that publication makes wasn't lost on me.

).I am surprised they allowed me to be an NCO in the Air Force of course that is because I actually did the job unlike half the people even in the military even as an NCO I stuck my neck out and said what I thought.

I'm surprised you made NCO too. I know all too well that sticking ones neck out and saying what you think will NOT get you far in the Air Force. LOL

CaptainMattJ.
08-20-13, 05:57 PM
And some of the worst people I've ever met are from Utah, Provo in particular. That doesn't mean everybody from Utah is a terrible person, and that doesn't make Utah a terrible state.

In the same way it doesn't make any state in the union a "cancer". There are plenty of states i passionately dislike but i don't wish to see removed, or damaged, or beaten by cataclysms. I don't like New Jersey, that doesn't mean i hoped for Sandy to roll through and tear up the state.

Its hard to treat anyone's opinions as respectable when the hypocrisy, one-sidedness, and contempt become overwhelming.

Ducimus
08-20-13, 06:26 PM
And some of the worst people I've ever met are from Utah, Provo in particular. That doesn't mean everybody from Utah is a terrible person, and that doesn't make Utah a terrible state.

In the same way it doesn't make any state in the union a "cancer". There are plenty of states i passionately dislike but i don't wish to see removed, or damaged, or beaten by cataclysms. I don't like New Jersey, that doesn't mean i hoped for Sandy to roll through and tear up the state.

Its hard to treat anyone's opinions as respectable when the hypocrisy, one-sidedness, and contempt become overwhelming.

You know what, I make no apologies. You can be upset, and I really don't care. Nor do i expect you to respect my informed opinion on that cancerous cesspool you call a state that is utterly bankrupt in every context imaginable. Frankly, based on past posts that i think you in particular made on constitutional and states rights, I have you figured as a poster child of that state. Your a big boy, I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

Tchocky
08-20-13, 06:32 PM
You know what, I make no apologies.
How brave.

You can be upset, and I really don't care. Nor do i expect you to respect my informed opinion on that cancerous cesspool you call a state that is utterly bankrupt in every context imaginable.

Frankly, based on past posts that i think you in particular made on constitutional and states rights, I have you figured as a poster child of that state. Your a big boy, I'm sure you can figure the rest out.Ugh. The posters in this thread happily anticipating the destruction of communities are neither big nor clever. They don't get any points for thinking outside the box.They're simply adding to the ranks of the loathsome and would be well advised to leave it off the boards.

I'm surprised this rubbish hasn't been locked or removed. Exchange a US state for an ethnic group and estimate how long the thread would last.

From past postings it seems you were in the armed forces. Isn't there some sort of oath involved?

Hypothetical one for you, Ducimus.

Car crash in Bakersfield, a woman rolls from the wreck, on fire. California tags. Her driving license flies clear and lands in your lap. Californian born and bred.

What is your action as a bystander?

Wolferz
08-20-13, 07:04 PM
After driving around Los Angeles more than a few times and enduring the impatience of the resident motorists who seemed gleeful in pulling out in front me instead of waiting their turn to merge. Y'all can keep your fender banging state. Then there was the Cali truck driver who cussed an out of state driver over the CB. Telling the unfortunate fellow; " Just bring me my effing food and get the eff out of my state!"
The water smells bad too.:-? I took a shower prior to crossing the Nevada/Cali border so I wouldn't be forced to bathe in the stench.

I won't go as far as wishing calamity on the Golden state, but I won't shed tears for it when it happens to your arrogant behinds:stare:.

Ducimus
08-20-13, 07:27 PM
How brave.

Incorrect. Posting on a messageboard does not make one brave. I just choose not to play nice by saying exactly what I think out of animosity.

Ugh. The posters in this thread happily anticipating the destruction of communities are neither big nor clever.They don't get any points for thinking outside the box.

Destruction that I was not advocating. I'd rather people from there, stay there, because more often then not, when they move elsewhere, they bring the "Californian attitudes" with them, going to other peoples home states and communities, advocating change where change was not warranted, asked for, nor wanted.

They're simply adding to the ranks of the loathsome and would be well advised to leave it off the boards.

There is much too loath about the PRC. Thanks for providing an outlet by the way.

I'm surprised this rubbish hasn't been locked or removed. Exchange a US state for an ethnic group and estimate how long the thread would last.

As much as politics is batted around this forum, i'm not sure why your surprised.

From past postings it seems you were in the armed forces. Isn't there some sort of oath involved?

Yeah I did take an oath, and the very first part of that oath is to support and defend Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; but somehow I don't think you would know much about that. In fact, given current events over the last year, I have put some serious thought about joining the political organization known as The Oath Keepers.

Hypothetical one for you, Ducimus.

Car crash in Bakersfield, a woman rolls from the wreck, on fire. California tags. Her driving license flies clear and lands in your lap. Californian born and bred.

What is your action as a bystander?

I don't feel like going on this fishing trip. Too contrived. Your gonna have to find more subtle bait then that.

EDIT:
As an aside, I hate California as only one who lived there etching out a crappy existence, and making a far better life for themselves elsewhere could. Not everyone hates California as much as I do (on the other hand, maybe a few do), but my life has improved 10 fold by leaving it behind, and it's that realization that makes me hate that place all that much more. The place is indeed a cancer. It kills you slowly without you realizing it.

CaptainMattJ.
08-20-13, 07:35 PM
After driving around Los Angeles more than a few times and enduring the impatience of the resident motorists who seemed gleeful in pulling out in front me instead of waiting their turn to merge. Y'all can keep your fender banging state. Then there was the Cali truck driver who cussed an out of state driver over the CB. Telling the unfortunate fellow; " Just bring me my effing food and get the eff out of my state!"
The water smells bad too.:-? I took a shower prior to crossing the Nevada/Cali border so I wouldn't be forced to bathe in the stench.

I won't go as far as wishing calamity on the Golden state, but I won't shed tears for it when it happens to your arrogant behinds:stare:.
Angry, self-centered driving spreads out much farther than the extremely congested freeways of LA. I assume youve never been to New York?

And similarly i can recall many, many encounters with snobby out-of-state jerks that were impatient, rude, and extremely irritating. Again, being an ass is not confined to California, they're everywhere.

Generalizations can easily go both ways.

Ducimus
08-20-13, 07:49 PM
Wolferz,

Sadly he does have a point. People in my area can be far ruder behind the wheel then Californans. You wouldn't think it, but its true. It certainly took me by surprise. I think the reason is, here they don't run the risk of being shot at. (which is funny when you consider that roughly 50% of households here are gun owners.)

In California, you don't flip anyone off because of fear of being involved in a freeway shooting. (Which is odd when you consider this thread title). In Utah, generally speaking such things are almost unheard of, so it's not a conscious thought.

My wife attributes the rudeness to pent up frustration, and the road being an outlet. Most here are Mormon. They are the nicest people in the world most of the time, but they seem to get their frustrations out on the road because they have no other outlet.

As an aside people in california are better at driving in congested traffic conditions. Utahns suck at it. Conversley Utahns are much better at driving in inclimate weather conditions, where as Californians typically can't drive in the rain for squat, let alone drive in the snow.

Buddahaid
08-20-13, 08:30 PM
Ducimus, you just lived in the wrong part of a big state and condemn us all with your bile. The way you whine about it and complain of the cancer we all are, you'd think people in other states don't think for themselves and what they consider best for their own state at the ballot box. Too bad I'm getting all teary eyed about it.

I get it, you know. You don't like California anymore but I'm getting sick of your trash talk and we'll get along fine without you.

August
08-21-13, 12:14 AM
I know Providence Expats who loathe Rhode Island in a similar fashion. You guys are taking this way too seriously.

Ducimus
08-21-13, 07:18 AM
I know Providence Expats who loathe Rhode Island in a similar fashion. You guys are taking this way too seriously.

If they are, I already explained why that is. Discounting that, it could be that they have no frame of reference. Without having actually having lived and worked elsewhere, one really doesn't know how bad things are there. Aside from that, some people seem to love the place, and for the life of me I can't understand why. The weather? The geography? Neither of those two make up for all the crap one has to put up with there. Ill refrain from even starting THAT list. It's long and exhaustive.

Now there are *some* people there, that aren't following california's democratic super majority. Many of those that even harbor this fantasy of taking back their state someday, fighting the good fight. Sadly, it is just a fantasy. The reality is there is democratic super majorities in The bay area, and the LA basin. Where most of the population happens to be. Now, all of california is not big city metro, there are a lot of rural areas in central and northern California. My family is in fact originally from Northern California from a small town with a population with less then a 100 people.

However on the political map, all the rural areas may as well not exist. They can vote all they want, but it won't do them any good. The LA basin and the Bay area will always dictate what California does. Which is why they have senators like the Googley-eyed Harpy for the last 21 years. In sum, the place is a lost cause, and a lot of people have known it for a long time now.

August
08-21-13, 07:51 AM
However on the political map, all the rural areas may as well not exist. They can vote all they want, but it won't do them any good. The LA basin and the Bay area will always dictate what California does. Which is why they have senators like the Googley-eyed Harpy for the last 21 years. In sum, the place is a lost cause, and a lot of people have known it for a long time now.

I'm from Massachusetts Brother. I know of such things all too well unfortunately. :nope:

mookiemookie
08-21-13, 10:41 AM
nevermind. barf.

Wolferz
08-21-13, 11:08 AM
Yes, I've driven in New York, Newark, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Nashville, Dallas, St Louis, Atlanta and DC. Not a single city in that list can hold a candle to Los Angeles.:stare: Though some of them are somewhat similar.

Ducimus
08-21-13, 11:17 AM
Out of curiousity, are you a trucker? I've been getting that impression.

Wolferz
08-21-13, 03:34 PM
Out of curiousity, are you a trucker? I've been getting that impression.

I used to be. But, thanks to a stroke and now the NHTSA, the TSA, and DHS I'll never do it again. When the SHTF event occurs, they'll have to get someone else to pull the cattle cars to the trains. My name won't be on their recently minted national driver registry.:yeah:

nikimcbee
08-22-13, 09:38 AM
Ore-gone is in a curious place. We do every stoopid thing Kali-fornia does, but ore-gone is very anti-california.

The last round of gun hysteria, the state brought up the idea of banning guns. It got shot down.

I'd rather make fun of Utah drivers.

nikimcbee
08-22-13, 09:42 AM

This is the same as Oregon. Portland metro area runs the state. I think it's the same with WA. Eastern half of the state vs Western half.

Ducimus
08-22-13, 11:01 AM
I'd rather make fun of Utah drivers.

"Utah road blocks" irritate the piss out of my wife, and she was born and raised here. :haha: