PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful

TarJak
07-24-13, 08:22 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/senior-church-figure-advised-clergy-not-to-take-notes-of-interviews-with-accused-priests-20130724-2qiws.html

Whilst I'm not surprised, I am dismayed that this behaviour is the standard of this truly evil organisation. I cannot describe them as anything else given the history of protecting the predators that lurked in their midst. Shame on them.:nope:

Herr-Berbunch
07-24-13, 08:33 AM
The church personel should not be conducting interviews with anyone, they should be informing the police in the first instance and let the laws of the land handle it. :nope:

It's high time the catholic church ruled out celibacy, then this kind of shameful story will hopefully be no more.

Wolferz
07-24-13, 08:33 AM
A vow of celibacy is not just about no sex with women.
What part of that concept do they not understand?:-?

Allow me to spell it out for them...
Celibacy | Define Celibacy at Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/celibacy)

dictionary.reference.com/browse/celibacy
noun 1. abstention from sexual relations. 2. abstention by vow from marriage : the celibacy of priests. 3. the state of being unmarried. Origin: 1655–65; Latin ...

If in doubt about that little choir boy, see definition 1 and go screw your fist.

This isn't the city of Sodom.

Jimbuna
07-24-13, 09:59 AM
I thought this was going to be about the state of Australian cricket :)

Seriously though, I don't think it is just Australia....but I guess we all know that already.

fireftr18
07-24-13, 10:58 AM

Seriously though, I don't think it is just Australia....but I guess we all know that already.

From what I've read, the problem is in every organization that works with children. From what I understand, the issue in the Catholic Church is extremely low compared to schools. The Church gets more noteriety because, well, there are much higher moral expectations. And I do agree with Herr-Berbunch, the local legal authorities should have been notified immediately. The former pastor of my church was involved in the counselling of the abuse victims. He not only agrees, but feels like serious steps from The Church should have been taken. He will let you know The Church was wrong for covering it up.

BossMark
07-24-13, 11:15 AM
Thats what I thought when saw the thread title :haha:

TarJak
07-25-13, 05:51 AM
From what I've read, the problem is in every organization that works with children. From what I understand, the issue in the Catholic Church is extremely low compared to schools. The Church gets more noteriety because, well, there are much higher moral expectations. And I do agree with Herr-Berbunch, the local legal authorities should have been notified immediately. The former pastor of my church was involved in the counselling of the abuse victims. He not only agrees, but feels like serious steps from The Church should have been taken. He will let you know The Church was wrong for covering it up.

This is what makes this so sickening to me. The fact that every sane person in society would say, OK this has to go to the cops and or I need to record what's being said here so there IS a record of it. This institution of evil says no, we'll just make sure these creeps are moved on from our organisation and everything will be just fine. No need to involve the authorities, no apology or thought for the victims. Just sweep it all under the carpet, keep it quiet and hopefully it will all go away. Now the veil is being lifted and society is seeing what they did and how wrong it is.

The Royal Commission into this is looking under a lot of rocks that have not been turned over for a long long time. I'm sure there will be more nasty surprises to come in this inquiry and hope that some of the spiders hiding under the rocks get exposed and squashed. The inquiry is not restricting itself to the Catholic Church, but all organisations where these evil creatures lurk to prey on their victims. The Catholics are just the first in a long line of rocks to be turned over.

Wolferz
07-25-13, 09:16 AM
Any human beings that prey on children to satisfy themselves sexually should be considered as rabid animals and put down, unceremoniously!:stare: Especially those who are in a position of care giving and leadership of a flock.
The very thought of it being swept under the rug sickens me.:nope: