PDA

View Full Version : Once in a while, O'Reilly gets it right(video)

Bubblehead1980
07-23-13, 10:07 PM
Bill O'Reilly got it absolutely right here....Enjoy.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/07/67526-oreilly-president-obama-the-race-problem/

Spiced_Rum
07-24-13, 03:23 AM
An interesting clip, thanks for sharing.:yeah: Some very valid points and statistics.

Wolferz
07-24-13, 06:41 AM
Bill makes only one mistake in his bloviating diatribe and it's a mistake that far too many people in this country make on an almost daily basis...

There is no such thing as an African-American. Or a Mexican-American or any other nation/continent-American. Either you're an American or you're not, because nationality is not a hyphenated term and using it only serves to divide us all into separate groups and that's just wrong in my book.
All of us are descended from immigrants of other lands. That's why we call ourselves Americans. More people need to do so and stop all this "I want to be acknowledged as a separate group" nonsense.

I'm not suggesting that folks just throw away their heritage but, geez louise, at least stop using it as an excuse for your problems and please stop throwing it in everyone's faces ad nauseum.
If you don't want to be an American, perhaps you should move back to the continent or nation of your origin.
I'm happy to be a Mutt-American.:yeah:

America is the melting pot of the world and if you don't care to mix with the rest of the ingredients...
Don't become slag.
GET OUT OF THE POT!

Armistead
07-24-13, 11:02 AM
I agree, technically we're all Africans. I think many blacks felt the word black was bad, so thus the term. However, it does divide us or worse them from America.

Sad, they make such an issue with GZ when they should be having million man marches through Detroit.

AVGWarhawk
07-24-13, 11:16 AM
I'm a German-Bavarian-Creole-English-Irish-Heinz 57 American. And all of my nationalities are damn proud of it. :yeah:

CaptainMattJ.
07-24-13, 01:57 PM
Maybe, but to deny the fact that many black communities have created this kind of culture where drugs, sex, and thuggery is promoted is avoiding the problem.

Bill O'Reilly made fair points here, though he used poverty as an example of the "excuses' when poverty is one of the big driving forces that leads to this kind of behavior. Poverty, the lack of family structure, sinkhole communities that take a great deal of effort just to get out of, all contribute to these kids turning to drugs and gangs.

Wolferz
07-24-13, 05:02 PM
I'm a German-Bavarian-Creole-English-Irish-Heinz 57 American. And all of my nationalities are damn proud of it. :yeah:

Don't be tossing your heritage away like that AVG. If you were born here, you're of the American race.:03: Of which many of us trace ourselves back to many different homelands.
I'm English, Irish, German and native Iroquois.