PDA

View Full Version : Question about not completing patrols

HEMueller
07-23-13, 03:54 PM
I have been playing SH3 for years, but have a questions that I didn't see asked.

If I choose to exit patrol, after completing the mission and return to port, will I get less money, than if I sail all the way back and pull the ship in myself? Thanks for the help.

Jimbuna
07-23-13, 04:00 PM
Been a long time now but the money/renown in stock is only given for reaching your assigned patrol area and given again for remaining on station for 24 hours of game time.

The renown for returning to base has never worked.

In the supermod GWX renown isn't given for either of the three dynamics/events.

HEMueller
07-23-13, 04:03 PM
Is this the one you are speaking of this one http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231&highlight=supermod+GWX Will it work if I already have the Grey Wolves installed?

Jimbuna
07-24-13, 04:47 AM
No, that is another supermod called NYGM...this is the one I was referring to:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096

Borgneface
07-24-13, 11:06 AM
[quote]
Been a long time now but the money/renown in stock is only given for reaching your assigned patrol area and given again for remaining on station for 24 hours of game time.

In the supermod GWX renown isn't given for either of the three dynamics/events. [Unquote]

S! Jimbuna..... I had noticed that!! So Is there any sort of penalty for not not completing "Reaching assigned area & Staying 24H" ??
I just completed a patrol which assigned me just off shore of Halifax (USA) and the only Merchants ships I sunk were in middway to that area. 3 on my way in and 5 on my way out.....I spent a heel of a lot of Diesel just to get taht far...for nothing! So Isq it not best to selet your patrol area in SH3 Commander an then go hunt in the most obvoius good places?

Merci for your inputs on this

Borgneface:k_confused:

Jimbuna
07-24-13, 11:41 AM
[quote]

In the supermod GWX renown isn't given for either of the three dynamics/events. [Unquote]

S! Jimbuna..... I had noticed that!! So Is there any sort of penalty for not not completing "Reaching assigned area & Staying 24H" ??
I just completed a patrol which assigned me just off shore of Halifax (USA) and the only Merchants ships I sunk were in middway to that area. 3 on my way in and 5 on my way out.....I spent a heel of a lot of Diesel just to get taht far...for nothing! So Isq it not best to selet your patrol area in SH3 Commander an then go hunt in the most obvoius good places?

Merci for your inputs on this

Borgneface:k_confused:

I've seldom adhered to the assigned grid in stck SH3 because IIRC you only get 250 renown for staying in assigned grid which is peanuts when compared to assigning yourself to a known convoy route using Commander and one that may be a lot nearer to your home base.

As for GWX....definitely no need because the renown is disabled.

Borgneface
07-24-13, 12:37 PM
S! Jimbuna
Merci....I should have put my brain into that earlier :hmm2:
I will now choose my own patrol grid and than go hunting :up:

Merci

Borgneface

Jimbuna
07-24-13, 03:42 PM
S! Jimbuna
Merci....I should have put my brain into that earlier :hmm2:
I will now choose my own patrol grid and than go hunting :up:

Merci

Borgneface

SINK EM ALL!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif