PDA

View Full Version : Wingwalker and pilot killed at Ohio airshow.

garren
07-20-13, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1m9VrRyruI

Damn. What a way to die. Was she waving to the crowd or was that an "Oh crap" reaction before the plane crashed?

Well, you play with fire long enough, you're bound to get burned eventually. Left behind two kids as well. Damn. :nope:

garren
07-20-13, 04:29 PM
Here's a wing walker who fell to his death...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yulPVLPMDY4

Nippelspanner
07-20-13, 05:30 PM
Yup, 2 kids growing up without their mom now, because mommy was... well... seriously, how can you do such a meaningless and dangerous "job" if you have family? Irresponsible...
It is a different thing to be in the LE or MIL and risk your life, at least it has some meaning (sometimes...) but this? Stupid, same like air shows in general I think.
Poor family...:nope:

garren
07-20-13, 05:35 PM
Yup, 2 kids growing up without their mom now, because mommy was... well... seriously, how can you do such a meaningless and dangerous "job" if you have family? Irresponsible...
It is a different thing to be in the LE or MIL and risk your life, at least it has some meaning (sometimes...) but this? Stupid, same like air shows in general I think.
Poor family...:nope:

Agreed. I got no issue with women working even though I'd prefer they not if they have kids but there's a difference between working and just taking risks with your life. Like a woman could be a firefighter or cop. Both dangerous jobs but "necessary" jobs. This job was very dangerous and not necessary at all.

CaptainHaplo
07-20-13, 05:43 PM
If memory serves she worked for the FAA and did this as a side thing - something "fun". As a parent, I get what your saying. Still, riding a motorcycle is dangerous and unnecessary - but I still do it. Its a tragedy, but she died doing something she actually enjoyed doing - and while that is not much comfort to her family right now, I would rather go out doing something I love than living life safe and miserable because all the "fun" stuff is to dangerous.

Nippelspanner
07-20-13, 05:58 PM
If memory serves she worked for the FAA and did this as a side thing - something "fun". As a parent, I get what your saying. Still, riding a motorcycle is dangerous and unnecessary - but I still do it. Its a tragedy, but she died doing something she actually enjoyed doing - and while that is not much comfort to her family right now, I would rather go out doing something I love than living life safe and miserable because all the "fun" stuff is to dangerous.

How is all the fun stuff automatically dangerous? Many things are "fun" (subjective anyways) and not dangerous at all. Also,I think there is a universe of a difference between riding a bike (dangerous indeed) and standing on the wing of a friggin plane that does stunts for no "reason" at all (please, don't say "entertainment".)

And no, it will never really comfort her family that she died doing what she loved... how cheap is that? Its what you always hear and it is always the same: a lie to make it easier for the relatives... maybe it is OK if it works, but I really doubt it.

A tragic like that really makes me mad...and sad. :shifty:

garren
07-20-13, 06:10 PM

I bet if you end up in a motorcycle accident and don't die right away and are conscious enough to think before you die, you would be singing a different tune when you saw your children's sad faces. I bet then you'd think, "Why did I ride that damn motorcycle!? Please God, give me another chance. I won't ride it again I promise! Please don't let me go out like this." and those will be your last thoughts before it all goes blank for you. But your kids will remain and hurt for the rest of their lives whenever they think of you and how they wish you had been around long enough to see them graduate school or get married or have a kid of their own. The depression of your death will eat years off their lives so it affects them as well.

But I've knocked on wood and hope nothing like that happens to you. I just wish you'd think twice about riding a motorcycle again. There comes a time for children to become adults and put away their childish toys.

Stealhead
07-20-13, 07:11 PM
I do not really consider riding a motorcycle to be dangerous if you manage the risks you can ride safely.Most everything evolves an element of risk millions of people drive a car every single day and people get hurt and sometimes die in accidents every day.

Furthermore everyone dies at some point so no matter what your family and friends will have to deal with your passing.You have to also enjoy life for many people that includes a hobby that includes the possibility of injury but if something is your passion you should do it.Do you want to teach your children fear living life or to enjoy life a take a little risk.