PDA

View Full Version : During convoy attack a not expected interrupt

der_marc
06-21-13, 01:47 AM
Hi folks,
just want to let you know live is not easy with us SHIII gamers:

Feb. 1941, second flottila, found a nice big convoy with only three guards.
Reported the convoy and awaited the signal to attack alone or as a wolf pack (i play GWX 3.0 and with Stieblers Patch).

After a while i got the message to attack alone. Okay then here we go.
It was dark with a nice moon, calm sea.
Fired 4 eels at 2 tankers and just wanted to turn away (not at periscope depth) when suddenly i heard "aircraft spotted".

To late, a second later to bombs hit me and my watch crew was history.

During the crash dive and the repairs (some flooding needed to be stopped), i took a peek at my two tankers.

3 Duds, only one hit, which did not crippel the tanker at all.

But the best was yet to come: some seconds later i saw some artifacts on the screen, the sound was chopping and nothing moved.

Oh no!

A reboot later i had the following results:
- Did not save before the convoy attack, so probably the convoy will be gone when i reload. :/\\!!

- my graphic card was history: "the card was disabled because it reported problems" :wah: My old Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 512 was history. The old and known VRAM bug striked.

So i ordered a new one and hope that it will be delivered soon, to go hunting again.

Jimbuna
06-21-13, 07:19 AM
Wishing you a quick resumption to your patrol http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

VONHARRIS
06-21-13, 07:48 AM
Tough luck der_marc!
Consider it as an overhaul for your U-boot.

Father Goose
06-21-13, 08:01 AM
It sounds like you didn't assign the Damage Control crew to the graphic card? :O: