PDA

View Full Version : can anybody confirm a sunrise bug

desertstriker
06-12-13, 12:02 AM
So I was sailing today a beautiful morning in SH3. Suddenly I remembered something I was sailing west and the sun was rising DIRECTLY off my port bow and i mean 90 degrees off my bow. Now that would place the sun rising in the south not the east like it was supposed to:timeout:.
Several hours later in game the sun sets in the west like it is supposed to but i have to wonder if anybody else has noticed this. I cant believe it took me this long but I guess I wanted to look at the scenery more since installing MEP v4.

BrucePartington
06-12-13, 05:39 AM
Don't you know? Planet Nibiru has thrown Earth off course and orbit, we are now listing and spinning out of control :doh: :O:

Yes, I can confirm that. I've noticed it many times.
Personally I just ignore it. While at sea there is no other visual reference, so it's OK. One can only tell by looking at the compass.
It's a video game, and a very complex one at that. For everything (or most of it) working smoothly as it does, I am just gratefull.
Cheers.

So I was sailing today a beautiful morning in SH3. Suddenly I remembered something I was sailing west and the sun was rising DIRECTLY off my port bow and i mean 90 degrees off my bow. Now that would place the sun rising in the south not the east like it was supposed to:timeout:.
Several hours later in game the sun sets in the west like it is supposed to but i have to wonder if anybody else has noticed this. I cant believe it took me this long but I guess I wanted to look at the scenery more since installing MEP v4.

HW3
06-12-13, 01:21 PM
It will also depend on where you are sailing, and the time of year. If you are in the far North and it is winter, the sun will rise in the Southeast, and set in the Southwest. I really haven't noticed it though.

:subsim:

desertstriker
06-12-13, 01:51 PM
Well I was launching from Kiel and was in the British straight when I noticed it. It was also august 1939 in game and I was playing on my GWX install.