PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

Rman
06-02-13, 04:09 AM
I 'm new. Just installed GWX 3.0. Great mod(s).

1) My sub stops without any reason. I get a message like"Cannot comply!".
What to do? Crew management looks good and there is fuel.

2) Can I safely install S.H. commander? My only mod(pack) is GWX Gold.

3) I don īt use the canal near Kiel, Time compression is limited on the canal.
Why? I have now not limited fuel.
Once I will 'up ' my realism settings, so not using the canal is then no option.

u_tommy
06-02-13, 04:30 AM

Once I will 'up ' my realism settings, so not using the canal is then no option.

1. Are you running on the surface in very large seas? This can cause the diesels engines to become unusable.

2. Yes

3. no idea what you mean.

GoldenRivet
06-02-13, 07:45 AM

1. your men in the diesel engine room are fatigued from not being rotated out with fresh crew... doanload SH3 commander and it will let you turn fatigue off

2. Yes, there are some additional files required however, im not immediately sure where they are located, someone here will point them out im sure.

3. time compression is limited in the canal because the game automatically lowers time compression when you are at risk of colliding with land so you might prevent the collision. Download SH3 commander and you can change the near land time compression to whatever u want.

Sailor Steve
06-02-13, 09:20 AM
2. Yes, there are some additional files required however, im not immediately sure where they are located, someone here will point them out im sure.
Find any post by Jimbuna. They're in his sig.

After all these years it finally occured to me to put it up at Subsim Downloads. As soon as I get permission from Jim I'll do that. :88) :sunny:

Pisces
06-07-13, 03:58 PM
Find any post by Jimbuna. They're in his sig.

After all these years it finally occured to me to put it up at Subsim Downloads. As soon as I get permission from Jim I'll do that. :88) :sunny:

No need, the link at the bottom of the Downloads page of www.thegreywolves.com (=GWX Home site) allready points to a subsim dowload page.

http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

Sailor Steve
06-07-13, 05:07 PM
No need, the link at the bottom of the Downloads page of www.thegreywolves.com (http://www.thegreywolves.com) (=GWX Home site) allready points to a subsim dowload page.
No, it points to the GWX download site, which is good but is not a Subsim Download page. GWX at Subsim is by donation only. I only wanted to add the SH3C config files.

desertstriker
06-07-13, 07:52 PM
i don't think the SH3C GWX files are at the grey wolves site I know you can find them here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//downloads.php?do=file&id=1421 though

Sailor Steve
06-07-13, 09:28 PM
Oh, so we do already have it! I'm supposed to know these things. :oops:

Thanks for the link. Maybe this time I'll remember. :sunny:

desertstriker
06-07-13, 10:01 PM
hehe for some reason I remember the most trivial thinks like which page I saw that youtube video or where the DVD is among 300 others or my personal favorite where a book is among 10k in my house. But i can not remember things that i need to remember for college from the darn textbooks.