PDA

View Full Version : Problem : saved games lost in career

kapi kerstmann
05-19-13, 11:19 AM
Hey,

I recently tried to reinstall SH3 again after having given it a break for a year or two. I entered good old single player career mode and had a lot of fun.

Just now something weird happened. When I try to load a game there is an error message (that I did not read carefully) and the game crashes. Upon restarting the game it seems that the career is still there but there are not any save games. When I check the C://documents and settings/[user]/my documents/SH3 folder I can find what seem to be save games. I backupped these just to be sure.

I knew that when I reinstalled it before this problem occurred that my previous save games where still all there and accessible from within the game itself, so I tried to repair the installation via the SH3 uninstaller and ultimately I completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game. Ofcourse without opting for rmoving the save games. I restarted computer after each and every repair / uninstall / reinstall. Nothing works, the career is still empty. Are there any advises that you can provide? I would be so happy to continue with my career again in which I invested for about 30 hours easily already.

Thanks in advance.

-Kapi K

Hari123
05-19-13, 11:30 AM
Hello!

I had the some problem some time ago and I found out this happens when you have 2 career profiles running. I deleted one profile and finally I saw my saved games.

Pisces
05-19-13, 11:36 AM
Rename the folder that has your Commander's name. Just add an underscore to it or something, doesn't matter what. The savegames should become visible again in the game.

kapi kerstmann
05-19-13, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the replies but so far there is no resolution.

I have only 1 campaign running in the game.

I tried the renaming of the folder several times. What happens is that in the game for a moment there are 2 campaigns. Often the 'old' name disappears again when going from one screen to the other. There is not any campaign with save games though. I tried restarts of the game / computer a few times.

One time I had 2 campaigns with about the same name. I deleted one and it seemed to be the one containing the save games on my hard disk. After that I copy-pasted my backup of those files in the campaign folder again of my windows system. Issue still persists.

Any further suggestions :)

-K K

kapi kerstmann
05-20-13, 03:25 PM
Are there not any other suggestions anyone can provide? Sorry for the bump but I guess there must be something I am hopelessly missing and any sort of help is appreciated.

desertstriker
05-20-13, 03:32 PM
did you have any megamods before?

kapi kerstmann
05-20-13, 03:44 PM
I did not install any mods whatsoever and play the game via fully legal DVD ROM.

desertstriker
05-20-13, 03:58 PM
ok well that rules that out. sorry

Arnold
05-22-13, 11:14 PM
I did not install any mods whatsoever and play the game via fully legal DVD ROM.
It may be a problem with the DVD version. I had a DVD version and it did not work well for me, so I downloaded SH3 via Ubisoft. It took five hours , due to my slow internet connection, yet, it has run well for me.
Saving a career is tricky. I have to remember to double-click to properly save the game. When I save a game, I always check to make sure that whatever I wrote (usually I type in the grid letters and numbers where my boat is at) has been saved.