PDA

View Full Version : Question About Mod Order

Admiral Von Gerlach
05-13-13, 02:55 PM
Hello Shipmates.

after a hiatus i am back to SHV and my first attack on british shipping on the channel. I had to re install and had not kept my mod list from before so i am having to refresh my memory about what is what. Can anyone check my mod order and see if they think i should re arrange things?

Accurate German Flags
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith
Enhanced Ship Recon Manual V1.02
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7
SubFlags__0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX
U-Boat Propulsion SFX
U-Boat Radio Room Telemetry SFX
sobers smoke screen V1 SH5 (DynEnv compatible)
sobers real trees
smaller flags for Warships 1_0b
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.1
RAF Bomber Command Radio Frequency 77.00 MHz
AilClouds 3.0
Battlestations_soundmod_1.1
Harbour_Addition_Environment_Enhancement_MOD_v0.5
KZS Hull wetness for U-Boats + co tower and deck_revised_by_TheDarkWraith
MFCM 1.2.1 OPTIONAL crash_dive workaround
NewUIs_TDC_3_1_0_TheDarkWraith
Officer Icon_
Speech fixes and additions (english version)
Silent-Hunter-Map
Shadow Improvement ModLR
IRAI_0_0_29_TheDarkWraith
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Sh5EnvModGold
Environment 5.0 MOD
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.1
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.1 patch V1.1.1
stoianm pitch&roll for SH5 V1 (low)

I am trying for natural looking wave motion and was very happy with what i had before ..it looked like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/6027/morninginthenorthseabou.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img403/9587/drillsatdawn.jpg

i am not sure exactly what environmental mod created this overall appearence maybe someone who is familar with them can help me with that. .....

i am trying

Environment 5.0 MOD
Sh5EnvModGold

and i was not sure which spray mod to use i have several...

3D_Deck_Splash_FX_v1_0_0_KZS_Compat_byTheBeast
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7

any suggestoins very welcome.

Also i may also try Open Horixons 2, and i understand it has some of these fixes already in it. if i activate it, will it over write the ones i have without conflict or do i have to cherry pick?

volodya61
05-13-13, 03:11 PM
Hi :salute:

Your mod list looks outdated a little bit :)
Have a look at these lists -

Fifi's - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201004
Sober's - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374

Admiral Von Gerlach
05-13-13, 03:27 PM
Yes i have been out of the loop for a while. appreciate the links i will check them out thanks again.

my question remains ...is my order ok? even if i add new ones i kind of need to know what order to add things...i tried boat and crew first and then environemnt..but was not sure. thanks again.

two questions from looking at the two lists:

is Dynamic Envirnment an total environemt change? can someone summarize what it does?

and Stormy's mod what is that about?

i see that Sober's massive list is huge...and complex. I guess i should study it more and see if i can handle the technical demands ..if it requires historic torpedo targeting and navigatoin i am out of luck as i am rusty in both. I also started wthout Open Horizons so do i have to start over? i am only on the first missoin so it is not a big loss, i mostly wanted to start out and see everything going real time down thru the Canal and not using any time accelleartion so it took me a while to get to the patrol zone.

thanks for the liists that is very helpful i see some i need to find out about that i dont know.

Fifi
05-14-13, 01:07 AM
is Dynamic Envirnment an total environemt change? can someone summarize what it does?

Yes, it's a total environment change.
All explained here:
 About this mod:
The weather randomly generated by Silent Hunter 5, as it is out of the box, tends to be quite static. This mod addresses the problem, aiming to enhance the game experience. Not only it offers better looking and immersive environments that push game’s graphical engine to its limits, it also affects the general playability, by adding in SH5’s world several new climatic zones, each with its characteristic colors, seasons, and dynamic weather conditions. For doing so, real data on ocean’s main temperatures and turbidity, season’s alternations, weather variability, wind speeds, etc, were collected and combined, resulting in an highly variable environment. From now on, planning carefully your patrols based on seasons and locations will be a key factor for succeeding in the campaign, making the difference between the newbie and the experienced U-boot Kaleun!

 Main mod features:
added 9 new environment color zones, bringing the total to 12 (stock game features only 3 env_coloros configuration files), each with completely new colors, matching the real ones as close as possible according to footage and pictures available on internet and/or beta testers reports;
added 9 new climate zones for a total amount of 15 (stock game features only 6 climate zones), each representing realistic seasonal alternations for polar, sub polar, cold temperate, warm temperate, hot temperate, dry tropical and wet tropical climate (for both northern and southern hemisphere), plus equatorial climate (symmetrical);
added 84 new weather type configuration files for a total amount of 87 (stock game features only 3 climate zones), each with realistic weather variation intervals, and wind speed ranges changing based on climatic zones and seasons;
ClimateZones.tga completely reworked for representing as precisely as possible on the global map 183 different combinations of the featured color, climate and weather zones; no more “fixed” combinations are given, as it was in stock game.
replaced stock caustics with better HD ones;
many other graphical improvements, 3D textures and effects, etc.

and Stormy's mod what is that about?

It's just about the best sound mod around imo :yep:
It adds so many sounds for more immersion! Best is to read own thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1310801&postcount=1

I also started wthout Open Horizons so do i have to start over?

Absolutely!
And if not using this campaign, it's a huge miss :yep: