PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for your work

kevinsue
05-11-13, 12:56 PM
A few weeks ago I picked up Silent Hunter 5 at E. B. Games for ten bucks and I think I may have stumbled on to the maritime version of Falcon 4.
I bought that title in 1998 when it was first released and it's still around today and still getting better and going strong after 15 years!
The reason for this is that a number of people give up their spare time and turn a mediocre game into something special.
I would just like to say a big thanks to those people, The Dark Wraith,. Trevally, Sober just to name a few of those dedicated modders, for the work they do to give us a realistic sim for our enjoyment.

icthird623
05-11-13, 03:14 PM
The modders here can not be thanked enough.
Howerer you may think the game cost you $10. I paid less than $20. And then bought a graphix card it was great.
And then bought a better graphix card and a power supply, it was even better.
Then I bought a really fast computer, added my my PS and G Card and it is the best ( All for the game )
Now my wife of 49 years is looking at me funny because of the game. If she tells me to crash dive I will add that settlement to the cost of SH 5
:smug::smug:

NeonsStyle
05-17-13, 05:06 AM
Now my wife of 49 years is looking at me funny because of the game. If she tells me to crash dive I will add that settlement to the cost of SH 5
:smug::smug:

LMAO haha... well in the meantime, u just might get to
ram a few torpedoes in the tube ;) lol

gap
05-17-13, 06:55 AM
Welcome aboard kevinsue :)

Trevally.
05-17-13, 11:14 AM
Thanks and welcome to subsim kevinsue:salute:

kevinsue
05-26-13, 03:15 AM
The modding community are working so hard and fast it's hard to keep up:salute: I think I may have to just stop looking at all of this new great stuff and stay away from SUBSIM so I'm not tempted, actually start a campaign, learn to drive my boat and maybe even sink a ship:rotfl2:...Ya gotta love it!!

Boomer1341
06-02-13, 05:52 PM
I too want to extend my thanks to the modders. I played the sim stock for a while but decided vanilla was not enough. I absolutely love the amount of mods available for this. I especially like the campaign Open Horizons II. That really extended the life of this game for me. Thank you modders! :yeah:

Trevally.
06-03-13, 06:38 AM
:sunny:

Welcome to subsim Boomer:salute:

spike825
06-15-13, 11:23 AM
:up: