PDA

View Full Version : torpedo hits but no fire or smoke?

F1RacerDan
05-07-13, 06:36 PM
quick question lol! i recently added the rbs1_sh4 damage mod and ive noticed that some hits with a torpedo shows the initial explosion but theres not always a fire? the fire and smoke sometimes appears after it explodes while sinking though, is there something wrong with the mod or is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Luno
05-07-13, 11:23 PM
I can't speak for the mod as I haven't tried it, but fires aren't always ignited with torpedo impact. If it happened like that every time, then there might be an issue.

Raptor
05-08-13, 10:05 AM
Things in SH3 are not always as they appear.

Several times in GWX, I've fired two torpedoes at a motionless vessel only to receive the dreaded "Torpedo missed, Sir" message for each one, which is strange as I know the depth setting was well above keel level and the sea state was calm. :o

Visual examination shows no fire, no smoke; just a sitting duck with its feathers intact.:/\\!!

A few minutes later, I get the "She's going down" message and the vessel sinks.:hmmm:

allievo
05-08-13, 10:47 PM
In GWX after a torpedo hit you should always wait at least 10-15 minutes. Fire and explosion are mostly for the eye, the thing that really matters is target speed. If it decreases drastically in a short amount of time the ship will be very likely to go down, especially in case one of her parts is lower in the water. Fire or no fire, she'll be down in minutes! :arrgh!:

MantiBrutalis
05-09-13, 04:58 AM
I always cheer when the ship does NOT smoke or burn after I hit it... That way aircraft and ships in the vicinity can't see the smoke and come to investigate...

(Yeah, that probably isn't modeled in the game, but I like to think it is)