PDA

View Full Version : Scale of overlay map

Johnfb
05-07-13, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know how to scale an overlay map.
I took SCREEN SHOT OF THE NAV MAP AT 500KM AND CREATED A "SEETHROUGH" MAP WITH SOME THINGS ON IT AS A PULL DOWN TO GO OVER THE MAP (sorry just realised caps were on) , over Ireland and England to be precise. Think the JFO mod and the way you can pull the "zones" map down over Ireland.
Trouble is that when I pull he see-through map down over Ireland and Eng, the scale is way off with the pull down map being too small or to thin when placed over the nav map.
I have tried various different sizes but cannot seem to find a solution, pull down see through map is always too small or too big or goes into 4 separate windows with a little of the map in each.

Any help anyone???

rudewarrior
05-07-13, 03:31 PM
Hmmm....

Never had that problem. I took screenshots to build my zones template and just kept everything the same scale. However, the only thing I can think of is that when you define the object in the menu.ini file, you have to specify the object dimensions. If it doesn't match exactly, I don't know what happens. It may cut it off somehow, it may scale it. I just don't know.

Like I said, didn't have have that problem making the JFO! Mod, so hope that helps.

Good luck.:up:

Johnfb
05-07-13, 03:42 PM
I kept things the same size too but ended up with two different sizes.
I wonder us it the size of the screenshot?
I took the shot and had the officers and info bar etc at the bottom and took that off the size of the screen shot, maybe this us my issue?

Can you explain what way you took the screen shot, did you take in the info bar with the officers and icons away from the size???

Thanks for your time on this

John

rudewarrior
05-07-13, 05:31 PM
I took several screenshots of the region that I needed to map. Then I cut and paste them into one big map together. Then I drew the template on top of that as a layer. Then took the layer and made it into a .tga image. :up:

Regards.

Johnfb
05-08-13, 01:19 AM
Thanks warrior, I'll give that a shot!

Cheers:up:

Pisces
05-11-13, 03:39 PM
The steps of the zoomlevels are determined in the ZoomLevels line (obviously :) ) in

SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\cfg\Maps.cfg

But I guess the code that you used to make it into a mapoverlay object also involves some scaling.

Showing a screenshot of the problem might help us. Some might even be able to find the cause in the menu_1024_768.ini code if you show it here.

Johnfb
05-16-13, 07:00 AM
The steps of the zoomlevels are determined in the ZoomLevels line (obviously :) ) in

But I guess the code that you used to make it into a mapoverlay object also involves some scaling.

Showing a screenshot of the problem might help us. Some might even be able to find the cause in the menu_1024_768.ini code if you show it here.

Thanks Pisces
I will post the screenshot as this is diving me crazy now :/\\!!...more becasue I cannot get the scale right than anything else, its becoming like a battle of wits between me and my pc :haha:

Will post screen shot and explain my problem.

Thanks

John

Johnfb
05-16-13, 02:36 PM

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2729/sh3map.png

Ok, so I open this screenshot in paintshop pro and it tells me the size of the picture is 1024 x 768.
I cut the map only out of it...leaving out the officer bar at the bottom.
So now I have a screen with just the map on it abd the surrounding black and white bar.
I open this in Paint Shop Pro and make it 1024 x 768 and use the alpha channels to get rid of the sea so that it can be dragged over the original map in the game ,I added other details to the "seethrough" map to drag over he original in the game, essentially what I was aiming for was a pull down seethrough map with the locations of sea mines on it and that could be placed on the nav map so you could see the sea mines in relation to your ship....a cool idea I thought.....:/\\!!:dead:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2503/sh3mapnew.bmp

No matter what way I do it the new seethrough draggable map is never the correct size..I have made new ones at different sizes based on what the ruler in PSP is telling mr the size is and also used the size in the JFO made...all wrong.

When I drag the map over the original map in PSP it fits perfect, just when it is uploaded to the game it never fits, always too wide or not wide enough, too big or not big enough....:/\\!!

Any help is appreciated

makman94
05-16-13, 06:28 PM
Ok, so I open this screenshot in paintshop pro and it tells me the size of the picture is 1024 x 768.
I cut the map only out of it...leaving out the officer bar at the bottom.
So now I have a screen with just the map on it abd the surrounding black and white bar.
I open this in Paint Shop Pro and make it 1024 x 768 and use the alpha channels to get rid of the sea so that it can be dragged over the original map in the game ,I added other details to the "seethrough" map to drag over he original in the game, essentially what I was aiming for was a pull down seethrough map with the locations of sea mines on it and that could be placed on the nav map so you could see the sea mines in relation to your ship....a cool idea I thought.....:/\\!!:dead:

No matter what way I do it the new seethrough draggable map is never the correct size..I have made new ones at different sizes based on what the ruler in PSP is telling mr the size is and also used the size in the JFO made...all wrong.

When I drag the map over the original map in PSP it fits perfect, just when it is uploaded to the game it never fits, always too wide or not wide enough, too big or not big enough....:/\\!!

Any help is appreciated

hello Johnfb,

first of all you don't have to make your image 1024x768 in order to 'fit' as you say. make your image as you like and write down its dimensions (lets say A x B )

use this code for your image :

[G31 Ix]
Name=name it as you like
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=-------------
ParentID=------------
Pos=X,Y,A,B
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2
Mat 0=path for your image/NameOfyourImage.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=true
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=true
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

pay attention at the 'pos' line to put the A , B of your image . the X,Y values will put your image on the screen and , as this image is dragable, you don't have to make it 1024x768. you will drag it and place it wherever you want when it is time to use it

Johnfb
05-17-13, 03:57 AM
hello Johnfb,

first of all you don't have to make your image 1024x768 in order to 'fit' as you say. make your image as you like and write down its dimensions (lets say A x B )

use this code for your image :

[G31 Ix]
Name=name it as you like
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=-------------
ParentID=------------
Pos=X,Y,A,B
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2
Mat 0=path for your image/NameOfyourImage.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=true
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=true
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

pay attention at the 'pos' line to put the A , B of your image . the X,Y values will put your image on the screen and , as this image is dragable, you don't have to make it 1024x768. you will drag it and place it wherever you want when it is time to use it

Please tell me it was this easy all along...ahhh :nope:...all those hours messing about with this freaking thing.....I will try this solution and get back to you, hopefully with a new draggable map for download in mod section...hopefully.:salute::yeah:

When I make the see through drag map will the map showing the see through Ireland and England "fit" over the nav map Ire and Eng at same scale do you think?

Thanks so much for the solution, very much appreciated...:rock::up:

Johnfb
05-17-13, 10:57 AM
Well I had done something similar to this a while ago, but had made the PSP picture and then the tga the same size.
I thought that mackman had the answer by making the PSP picture its own size so to speak, and then making the menu one it own size.

So I made the menu one 1095 x 680 as in the JFO mode as this obviously worked in that mod, but as you can see the results were the same as always...I must be missing something....:hmm2:

As you can see the drag-able seethru map is smaller than the original it was taken from...

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5886/map1eav.png

I have outlined the seethru map to show what I mean, its way too small at the same scale.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8320/map3a.jpg

Also the image has "split" and has an extra bit on the end as can be seen from the extra Scotland at the bottom
This is obviously the size of my tga????

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7027/map2cw.png

Any suggestions anyone ?????:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!

makman94
05-20-13, 02:00 PM
I thought that mackman had the answer by making the PSP picture its own size so to speak, and then making the menu one it own size.
So I made the menu one 1095 x 680 as in the JFO mode as this obviously worked in that mod, but as you can see the results were the same as always...I must be missing something....:hmm2:

Hello Johnfb,

i didn't say the above...:dead:
if you do EXACTLY what i told you , you will get the result you want

Any suggestions anyone ?????:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!

the above was not a suggestion , it is what you have to do.
for example , try this image :
http://imageshack.us/a/img18/8757/minesg.png

and set at the above code this:

Pos=X,Y,890,625 (890x625 are the dimensions of the above image)

follow the steps and you will have no problem