PDA

View Full Version : Mods for SH5

VacantName
05-06-13, 09:32 AM
Coming back to SH5 after not playing it in a long while (probably about a year). I'd uninstalled it along with all the mods and, aside from OH2, can't really remember what mods I had. Anyway, I've had a poke around and reckon I'll opt for the following:

Open Horizons II
Accurate German Flags
IRAI
Real Environment
Mighty Fine Crew
Reworked Morale and Abilities
Depth Charge Water Disturbances
Depth Keeping
Nozaurio's Skin
Steelviking's Interior
Equipment and Upgrades
FX Update
Stormy's DBSM Collection
Multiple UIs

Before I start installing, though, is there any particular order they should be installed in? A few of them seem to say "install this last" so that's kinda confusing trying to work out which is the real last. Also have I missed any that I really should be getting, or am I doubling up on something that's maybe included in one of the others?

And advice would be greatly appreciated.

finchOU
05-06-13, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the Suc.......:doh:

Use Sobers mega mod list as way to get the order right....as it's been placed in the right order (i think). This is what I did...and seemed to work:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374

It's the drawback of having all these great Mods.....that it is time consuming to get right.....

VacantName
05-07-13, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the pointer, unfortunately I ran into a problem while doing the Baltic Operations mission (the very first mission on OH2) that I kept CTDing when in close proximity to polish DDs. First time just as my 2nd torpedo hit the enemy, 2nd time I was close by but not actively engaged, 3rd time was when I'd almost finished it off and another steamed in to the rescue, 4th time was when the 1st torp hit. So no consistency so I have no idea what caused it, but I removed all mods except OH2 and it happened again, then I deactivated OH2 as well and vanilla is running absolutely fine, no problems whatsoever.

Should I try activating the mods again next time I'm in port? Is it likely to be a problem with OH2 as a whole or just with that opening mission? If OH2 plays up again, is there another mod that extends the game to '45?

Trevally.
05-07-13, 11:22 AM
Should I try activating the mods again next time I'm in port? Is it likely to be a problem with OH2 as a whole or just with that opening mission? If OH2 plays up again, is there another mod that extends the game to '45?

either add the fix for OHIIv2.1 or install any lifeboat mod after OHII:yep:

VacantName
05-07-13, 11:38 AM
either add the fix for OHIIv2.1 or install any lifeboat mod after OHII:yep:

There's a fix? Where's that? Either I'm going blind or it's well hidden :hmmm:

I guess a lifeboat mod just adds lifeboats, right? (Actually one of the nicest little touches in SH4 I thought, pity SH5 doesn't even seem to have crews). Forgive my ignorance, but how would adding lifeboats fix a CTD problem? And any recommendations as to which lifeboat mod to get? (I didn't see any myself but can't say I was looking)

Trevally.
05-07-13, 12:02 PM
There's a fix? Where's that? Either I'm going blind or it's well hidden :hmmm:

Its was only ever a test patch as I still do not know why some users could not load the campaign because I added typeII u-boats.

http://www.4sync.com/archive/PSTJPK8x/OHIIv21_test_patch2_Full.html

I guess a lifeboat mod just adds lifeboats, right? (Actually one of the nicest little touches in SH4 I thought, pity SH5 doesn't even seem to have crews). Forgive my ignorance, but how would adding lifeboats fix a CTD problem? And any recommendations as to which lifeboat mod to get? (I didn't see any myself but can't say I was looking)

As with many mod caused ctds - this is where SH5 looks for something and can't find it (missing/wrongly named file).

Oh where did I put those lifeboats:hmmm: :D

VacantName
05-07-13, 02:30 PM
So the patch has life boats or removes the need for lifeboats? I'll give it a go either way. Thanks :up:

Trevally.
05-07-13, 02:56 PM
So the patch has life boats or removes the need for lifeboats? I'll give it a go either way. Thanks :up:

That patch has lifeboats - the new update will remove the need for them so you will need a lifeboat mod again if you want them:up:

VacantName
05-07-13, 04:49 PM
OK great, thanks, I'll reactivate mods when I finish current patrol (returning to Wilhelmshaven now, in fact) and see how it goes :up:

VacantName
05-11-13, 06:43 AM
OK since reactivating the mods, and chucking a couple of extra new ones in the mix (TDW's UIs, RealNav and swapped RealEnv for DynEnv) game seems to be running fine. I've had one more CTD but have no idea what caused it, but on the whole the game seems a lot more stable now.

Trouble is, now all I can hear through my hydrophone (KDB) is a sort of bubbly glugging sound. Even weirder, it even does it if I try listening while surfaced (surely the KDB should give me no sound while surfaced). I don't know if it's stopping my soundman from hearing stuff or if we just haven't been in range of anything, but I can't see myself being able to hear anything over it.

Anyone know which mod causes this? My suspicion is the DynEnv Sounds add-on (as I think it's the only one I added which changes sounds), but obviously not 100% sure. Is there a patch/fix for it? Or am I just gonna have to deactivate the mod responsible when I find it?