PDA

View Full Version : Hi,i've a couple of question :)

mariokartjkl
04-15-13, 05:52 PM
Okay guys i've bought sh3 and sh4 a long time ago but i've installed them in my old pc. So today i decide to buy the Sh bundle on steam. There are my questions.
1)I dont Remember what mods i used to have installed for sh3 and sh4. What are the most important? How can install mods when i have the games on steam?
2) I've never played sh5. Is a good game? Are there some good mod for sh5?

I'll wait your answers thank u

sorry for my english anyway

Webster
04-15-13, 06:00 PM
Okay guys i've bought sh3 and sh4 a long time ago but i've installed them in my old pc. So today i decide to buy the Sh bundle on steam. There are my questions.
1)I dont Remember what mods i used to have installed for sh3 and sh4. What are the most important? How can install mods when i have the games on steam?
2) I've never played sh5. Is a good game? Are there some good mod for sh5?

I'll wait your answers thank u

sorry for my english anyway

the steam version of sh5 is useless IMO because you cant use the very important exe fix that's needed for the game

mariokartjkl
04-15-13, 07:02 PM
Anyway what mod should in install on Sh4 and Sh5?

Fifi
04-15-13, 07:20 PM
Webster is right, i'm afraid you will not be able to patch SH5 with TDW generic patcher wich solve some important game issues.
Nevertheless, your game will stay playable...but not as intended.
You'll find some interesting mods wich will work with Steam version though, as Dynamic Environment latest version, TDW NewUIs, OHII Full for the best :up:

I now have all SH (3, 4, 5) installed on my PC (all 3 modded), and can say my best fun/immersion is with SH5 by far.
Was very disapointed with SH3 + GWX3 (my latest install today! lol) and can't stand the outdated graphical parts. Furthermore it's a pain to run it on my 2560X1440 native screen without stretching, even with the mods wich are supposed to fix this issue.
I'm also disapointed with SH4 and its sea rendering on my rig...tried plenty environmental mods (with some good result sometime) but bringing other issues like not beeing able to lock target in light fog unless 250 m distance!
Without environment mods, stock game or even TMO sea rendering is absolute crap on my PC...(TMO 1.9 excepted, so far)
Unfortunately, that kills all my immersion because i'm kind of sensible to some nice graphics and eye candy. Can't be satisfied only playing on a 2D map even with SH4 awesome gameplay! We are in 2013! :haha:
For an end, SH5 modded correctly gives me all i searched for top immersion. Full eye candy, interesting campaign (OHII Full), good AI (TDW IRAI) and plenty hours of fun.

I admit it can be a pain to mod SH5 the best as possible, but you can have a look here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203711... i run those essential mods without any problem.
Only thing, you can't use TDW generic patcher with Steam.

Good luck! :salute:

merc4ulfate
04-15-13, 09:05 PM
So why is that that the steam version which should be the whole game will not patch? How can it run without an EXE??

I got mine from ubisoft. Downloaded the game from there and run without disc and I'm good with all the patches and mods. Why is mine different than steam?

mariokartjkl
04-16-13, 07:55 AM
sorry guys i didnt understand i have to install all mods separately for sh5?

Fifi
04-16-13, 04:19 PM
Yes, there isn't a whole megamod at once like TMO for SH4.
Though, you can download Sober megamod in one download, but have to install it one by one.
Better ask on SH5 Mods Workshop forum part :yep:

Redmane
04-17-13, 05:44 PM
Good for you getting SH4, but from personal experience, you are probably going to have issues with the version of the game Steam provides, unless they have addressed a problem I ran across with it a year ago. You see, they have an unpatched version of the game, not sure which now, since I no longer have it installed, but I believe its 1.3, and since its from Steam you won't be able to patch it to 1.4, which was the final patched version of the game prior to the release of the U-boat Missions expansion, which brought the final version of the game to 1.5. I also bought the U-boat expansion at the same time, and needless to say adding the expansion to the wrong version of the game caused nothing but problems. I ended up uninstalling the Steam version and repurchasing the game from Amazon via digital download, was able to properly patch it, and have been happily sinking nips ever since, and have recently begun running the great TMO mod. So sorry to say I would advise you to ditch the Steam version of SH4 and get a copy someplace else. Obviously it may be the case that Steam has finally addressed this issue, and for your sake I hope they have, but I have my doubts. Steam has a rep for selling unpatched/unpatchable games, which is one reason I do what I can to avoid spending money there anymore.