PDA

View Full Version : How do I enable AntiAliasing in SH: IV?

Cpt Aurora
04-12-13, 04:56 PM
So, I have everything at max settings, yet still the textures seem a bit low res, and there's nowhere an option to turn on AA. But when I watch videos and screenshots, I see (or atleast something like it) AA enabled. Any help please?

Egan
04-12-13, 05:21 PM
A while since I played it, but I think you have to enable it via your graphic card driver rather than in the game. From what I remember, that's what worked for me.

JagdPanzer44
04-12-13, 06:32 PM
Yep, Egan's right; just get into your video card's control panel and set it to override the application settings. :rock:

merc4ulfate
04-12-13, 08:07 PM
Certain graphic cards have a setting that says, "other applications control color settings" when dealing with certain graphics settings. With my Nvidia AA settings are under the 3D Settings>Manage 3D Settings>Program Setting Tab.

You can set Global or program specific values for AA. If your using the Program Setting and you do not see your application listed simply click ADD if you have an Nvidia card and Control Panel.

Cpt Aurora
04-13-13, 05:43 AM
I don't have an Nvidia card. I also don't know how I can enable AA on my card (ATI Mobility Radeon 5000 series (yes it's pretty old, but it can run SH IV on max with ~60 FPS average, so it's good enough)).

So, how do I get in my video card's control panel? I tried searching for it in the Start menu, but I can't find it.

Cpt Aurora
04-13-13, 05:56 AM
Mistake.

Accidently posted in wrong thread.

fitzcarraldo
04-13-13, 06:09 AM
I don't have an Nvidia card. I also don't know how I can enable AA on my card (ATI Mobility Radeon 5000 series (yes it's pretty old, but it can run SH IV on max with ~60 FPS average, so it's good enough)).

So, how do I get in my video card's control panel? I tried searching for it in the Start menu, but I can't find it.

Search for the latest ATI Catalyst application, and try to enable AA from it.

In an old GC, if you have AA unchecked, you will have high FPS. But with AA enabled, is an other story...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Cpt Aurora
04-13-13, 10:40 AM
Search for the latest ATI Catalyst application, and try to enable AA from it.

In an old GC, if you have AA unchecked, you will have high FPS. But with AA enabled, is an other story...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Damn dude, thanks! It got totaly rid of the problem. But, indeed heavy performance loss and FPS drop. From ~60 FPS to barely ~7 FPS. I gues I will just wait for my new laptop to arive before I play this game again, without AA it just looks disgusting.

merc4ulfate
04-13-13, 06:48 PM
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I would just download the latest drivers, control center and manual and look it up.