PDA

View Full Version : The IRS may take your emails without obtaining a warrant first

vienna
04-10-13, 06:56 PM
This is rather an interesting item:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/10/irs-email-warrants/

<O>

Red October1984
04-10-13, 07:00 PM
*Deletes Email Account*

Well....now I won't have to worry about that will I? :)

HundertzehnGustav
04-10-13, 07:03 PM
encryption
?:D

Stealhead
04-10-13, 07:05 PM
If you ever had the impression that your electronic means of communication where private you are either ignorant or dense.Same goes for the telephone especially cells phones.

Red October1984
04-10-13, 07:05 PM
encryption

There's always a backdoor for the government to get in. :up:

les green01
04-10-13, 07:07 PM
ill send them a bill 10 cent each email 5 email accounts 3 of them is max out and out of the 10 cents a email they can give subsim half of the money

HundertzehnGustav
04-10-13, 07:07 PM
then let us make that backdoor hard to open, to the point where their effort in money is bigger than the revenue in money they expect to gain for hunting fraudsders down...

effort versus Gain.
and good encryption can easily tip that balance in your favor.

Stealhead
04-10-13, 07:08 PM

Encryption would make that door impossible to find if you have a good encryption method.There are prison gangs in the US that encryption systems that the FBI has a hard time cracking.Those people are using pen and paper though you can encrypt electronically.

Better yet do not talk about how you plan to cheat on your taxes via e-mail.

soopaman2
04-10-13, 07:12 PM
Can they at least delete the FR33 V1aGRA e-mails, and all the Nigerian princes and shipping magnates who wish to endow me with gold bullion after they wade through all the nonsense that my email box holds?

I have not looked through it in 2 weeks, I would appreciate if they cleaned out all the spam for me.

Thanks IRS. Going the way of 1950s Russia, with 2010 technology, scary, Orwellian.

How long before we are screaming at the telescreen with Emmanuel Goldsteins face on it? Not because we hate him, but because we have to...

We are so getting close to that. Drones, gun control, pure repression.

Feuer Frei!
04-10-13, 07:24 PM
A clear violation of the 4th amendment.
The IRS will have you believe otherwise.

Red October1984
04-10-13, 07:24 PM
Encryption would make that door impossible to find if you have a good encryption method.There are prison gangs in the US that encryption systems that the FBI has a hard time cracking.Those people are using pen and paper though you can encrypt electronically.

Better yet do not talk about how you plan to cheat on your taxes via e-mail.

Not old enough to pay taxes... :D

Looks like another win for me. :woot:

Cybermat47
04-10-13, 07:48 PM
The homosexual lizard men strike again! :o

Wolferz
04-11-13, 07:54 AM
Why would Ignorant Republican Senators want to read my spam?
I'm poor, so I have no wealth hidden in offshore shell companies, like a recent presidential candidate.

Only the US government would waste ten billion dollars to collect ten cents.:arrgh!:

Herr-Berbunch
04-11-13, 08:10 AM
Interesting one. For starters how do they know all your email addresses? How do they know they're targetting a US citizen's email address? I have several US-based webmail addresses, they're more than welcome to waste their time looking at them. :D

Feuer Frei!
04-11-13, 08:16 AM
How do they know they're targetting a US citizen's email address? They check your ip address and match it against a IP-to-location database.

Oh and if you wanna know how to make your emails almost undetectable, read on:

The trick is to create a pseudonym private account and compose messages and never send them. Yep, save them in draft. The recipient logs in under the same account, read it and reply, without sending anything. The traffic would not be sent across the networks through Google's data centers, making it nigh on impossible for the National Security Agency or any other electronic signals eavesdropping agency (such as Britain's elusive GCHQ) to 'read' the traffic while it is in transit.
If you have a dynamic isp, even better.
Hell, just ask Gen. David Petraeus :haha:

Oberon
04-11-13, 08:20 AM
http://www.knowledgeminer.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/March-31-will-disable-the-Internet-worldwide.jpg

There, problem solved. Now all you have to do is worry about the drones coming to kill you, the UN and DHS coming to take away your guns and put you in a FEMA death camp, and the reptilian anti-christ Obama starting the second war against Heaven. :yeah:

Herr-Berbunch
04-11-13, 09:14 AM
(such as Britain's elusive GCHQ)

Elusive? It's in Cheltenham. Take the M5 Junction 11 exit towards the town, about a mile after turn left. One unmissable doughnut.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02188/g_2188023c.jpg

Even the old GCHQ building at Benhall (same location), was pretty noticeable - the A40 went straight past it (road along the top of the pic) - as was the other site at Oakhill.

Definitely not elusive. :sunny:

eddie
04-11-13, 05:37 PM
Oberon you have to keep up with all these new armies we have over here! Besides DHS and FEMA, we now have the new IRS Army. And I have proof!!:haha:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/Thony/Obama-IRS-Troop-Buildup-SC_zpsc30b717c.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Thony/media/Obama-IRS-Troop-Buildup-SC_zpsc30b717c.jpg.html)

That photo comes from a looney group called the United States Justice Foundation. Send them a minimum of $100.00, and they'll dream up a whole slew of crap that they concider the gospel!:har:

Penguin
04-11-13, 05:49 PM

Is this why the US government said spreading PGP outside the States would be "munitions export without a license"? :03:
If you can prove it has a backdoor, you'll certainly become famous - as the first person in 22 years who could do so. :O:

Platapus
04-12-13, 07:29 PM
encryption

Two words

Ramona Fricosu

:nope:

Platapus
04-12-13, 07:39 PM
A clear violation of the 4th amendment.
The IRS will have you believe otherwise.

United States v. Steven Warshak et al. 2010 established that E-mail would fall under 4th amendment protection.