PDA

View Full Version : Paris Brown: Kent youth PCC resigns after Twitter row

Jimbuna
04-09-13, 01:39 PM
I don't see how she had any other choice but it's a pity her actions are based on comments made two or three years ago.

The UK's first youth police and crime commissioner, Paris Brown, has resigned from her post following criticism of messages she posted on Twitter.
The 17-year-old, who was appointed last week, said she was "quitting in the interests of the young people of Kent".
Police are investigating her over tweets she posted between the ages of 14 and 16 which could be considered racist and anti-gay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22083032

Oberon
04-09-13, 01:44 PM
It was inevitable, sadly, once the Daily Fail got their poisonous little paws on it. Now the gap between the youth and police will remain vast, not that Paris would have been trusted by the majority of the youth anyway who would have probably have reserved for her the same about of respect that they reserve for grasses.

Another failed idea in the list of 'good idea on paper, bad idea in reality' list.

Jimbuna
04-09-13, 01:48 PM
I thought they would have carried out an IT background check after asking her what boards, forums, social network sites etc. she had subscribed to in the past.

I bet they ask the next bugga :)

STEED
04-09-13, 03:52 PM
Poor choice and a wast of money that is needed else where on far more important things than this nonsense.

Tribesman
04-09-13, 04:03 PM
It was inevitable, sadly, once the Daily Fail got their poisonous little paws on it.
Strange really as the offensive tweets are like a very watered down Daily Fail editorial.

Sailor Steve
04-09-13, 05:21 PM
On an unrelated note, I guess I missed the years when 'Paris' was the most popular name for girls.

Madox58
04-09-13, 05:28 PM
You didn't miss nothing.
:nope:

Jimbuna
04-10-13, 06:49 AM
Many a conception in a hotel room :)