PDA

View Full Version : When will people start to take responsibility for their own life

mapuc
04-08-13, 03:35 PM
This is something that have been on my mind for years and after one this situation some weeks ago, who is one of many, I thought that I had to share my frustration

The last thing

A father had accused his mobilphone provide, that because his son had played for 29000 danish kroner (about 5000 $)
NO!! It's not their fault, it can only be the fathers own faul

Here one from my IRL

One of my sisters friend was complaining that there shall be a new McDonald's some hundred meters from her training places(she train 2-3 times/week)

We had off course a discussion about that and I said that she should start to take responsible for her own life and not blame it on other.
Yes I also see commercial from McDonald's, that doesn't make run to the nearest fast food to buy something( If I did that I would be really fat)

this was some of them.

I guess it's more comfortable to just sit there and let other take care of your responsibility and your thinking.

Markus

AVGWarhawk
04-08-13, 03:43 PM
Maybe the McDonalds is a self control type deal for some.

Buddahaid
04-08-13, 03:50 PM
When no one else listens anymore.

mapuc
04-08-13, 03:51 PM
Maybe the McDonald's is a self control type deal for some.

Some people are weak and can't watch an commercial and not running down to the store and buy it. That's NOT this companies fault, it is that person who needs to get his/her mentality strengthen.

Markus

Madox58
04-08-13, 03:57 PM
Many will only do so when forced to.
We, as Humans, always look for the easy way.
Work smarter, not harder. And all that.

Why hunt down food when McD's is just around the corner?

razark
04-08-13, 05:43 PM
I try to take responsibility, but everyone else keeps screwing me up...

Tribesman
04-08-13, 05:52 PM
Why hunt down food when McD's is just around the corner?
Because McD's is rubbish and tastes like it.

Red October1984
04-08-13, 06:15 PM

I always did like Burger King better. :)

mapuc
04-08-13, 06:17 PM
I guess it has not gone a day or two without you haven't read or heard about someone who has sued McD/Burger King because it's their fault they became fat.

NO! It's not their faul.

Markus

mapuc
04-08-13, 06:19 PM

Me too :up:

But I know that if my visit to our local Burger King was to often I would be really fat.

And I prefer homemade cooking a lot more than fastfood.

Markus

Platapus
04-08-13, 06:30 PM
People have been blaming other people/entities for their woes for decades if not centuries. It is part of human nature.

It only becomes a problem when governments start listening to them. :yep:

AVGWarhawk
04-08-13, 08:06 PM

I don't know. Every now and then I get a hankering for a Big Mac. :D

yubba
04-08-13, 08:09 PM
Never as long as the government flips the bill for you, from the cradle to the grave ain't socalism great.

Sailor Steve
04-08-13, 10:56 PM
Never as long as the government flips the bill for you, from the cradle to the grave ain't socalism great.
Please explain what that has to do with this thread.

Cybermat47
04-08-13, 11:06 PM

Apparently they have tiny burgers.

mapuc
04-09-13, 07:13 AM

I think that he mean that the government takes the responsibility for you, so you don't have to do it your self

Markus

em2nought
04-09-13, 08:05 AM
A father had accused his mobilphone provide, that because his son had played for 29000 danish kroner (about 5000 $)
NO!! It's not their fault, it can only be the fathers own faul

Markus

If it was easy to get a phone that doesn't try to sell all that extra crap to you I'd agree. Phones are sort of like telemarketers trying to take advantage of old people. IMO ...and all the junk mail that old folks get is the post office's fault for being in cahoots with junk mailers. They should offer a "no junk mail" service for a monthly charge.

Tribesman
04-09-13, 10:36 AM
I think it means that McD's are a luboreal conspiracy and their meat comes from FEMA death camps.

Sailor Steve
04-09-13, 11:25 AM
I think that he mean that the government takes the responsibility for you, so you don't have to do it your self
I know what he meant. What I asked is what that has to do with someone complaining about a McDonald's being built next to their favorite workout place. It's a stretch that only Yubba would make.

Jimbuna
04-09-13, 01:23 PM
I don't know. Every now and then I get a hankering for a Big Mac. :D

Me too but I always felt hungry again within an hour of eating :-?

Wolferz
04-09-13, 02:17 PM

That's why they call it "special sauce"

It lubes all the bread and that smattering of beef and slides it right on through.:huh:

As for the question....
We're penciled in for the second Tuesday of next week.:up:

Jimbuna
04-09-13, 04:35 PM
That's why they call it "special sauce"

It lubes all the bread and that smattering of beef and slides it right on through.:huh:

As for the question....
We're penciled in for the second Tuesday of next week.:up:

Never ate a pencil in my life :)

AVGWarhawk
04-09-13, 07:01 PM

Well, for me Jim, if I'm going the distance with a Big Mac(Royal with cheese) I wash it down with cheeseburger and large fry. That will take me through the day. :D

Buddahaid
04-09-13, 07:05 PM
Well, for me Jim, if I'm going the distance with a Big Mac(Royal with cheese) I wash it down with cheeseburger and large fry. That will take me through the day. :D

Likely a few days for that evil mush to come unstuck and pass. :hmmm:

mapuc
04-09-13, 08:33 PM
A question:
Would you..well knowing that eating to much fastfood, is not good for your health..sue your local fastfood if you had eaten to much of it and had you gain weight and got maybe some problems with your health ??

Markus

Buddahaid
04-10-13, 12:52 AM
No, but that doesn't mean I couldn't. I think it's a ridiculous and naive posture but some people just never learn to look out for themselves. Some get culled by happenstance and some have valid claims, but I don't understand not being responsible for self situational awareness.

NZChickenPlox
04-10-13, 01:13 AM
A question:
Would you..well knowing that eating to much fastfood, is not good for your health..sue your local fastfood if you had eaten to much of it and had you gain weight and got maybe some problems with your health ??

Markus

People who sue fast food outlets really fail to acknowledge that they are the ones who put the lard-filled burger into their mouthes. Such consumables don't exactly have the addictiveness of tobacco (and the thousands of killer chemicals) so you can't exactly get addicted. If you have a heart attack it is your own damn fault. It is not like the only consumables on the world are greaseballs.

Betonov
04-10-13, 01:48 AM
Screw Mc'D. We have more kebab stands than Albania here :O:
Meat being grilled in it's own juices, minimal greasing, a ton of fresh vegetables, fresh lepinja bread...

HunterICX
04-10-13, 06:52 AM
Dammit Betonov!
http://www.nerdtopiacast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/homer-drooling.png

*starts mopping the floor*

HunterICX

Armistead
04-10-13, 07:06 AM
Never ate a pencil in my life :)

I have:D

Jimbuna
04-10-13, 08:17 AM

I t certainly would appear so :o

In my town I'd probably get mugged by some kid as I left with my eat out :)

Madox58
04-10-13, 01:13 PM
MMM....
For me it's a double quarter pounder meal, large, with a Big Mac thrown in!
That's for lunch.
:D

Now I'm hungry! But I ain't leaveing the woods for a few more days.
It rained today and Nancy's Triumph was outside without the cover!
:o

HW3
04-10-13, 01:57 PM
I'll never eat at my local Burger King again after getting a bad case of food poisoning from them.:nope: I was sick for 3 days from that.

:subsim:

mapuc
04-10-13, 03:55 PM
A few weeks after I had this, let say almost furious, discussion with my sisters friend, I was told, by my sister, that she and some other, who frequently use this fitness center, was thinking of sending emails to our local politician to get them to stop building this new McDonald fast food restaurant.( don't know if they did it or not, if they did...it didn't helped at all. The restaurant is almost finish)

So here yubba is somehow right, some people want the politician to think and take the responsibility for their life.

I remember saying to her , why shall a person, who can eat a fast food meal few times a week without gain weight, be punished, because you can't

Markus

Buddahaid
04-10-13, 05:02 PM
She'd love this one. The building is in my home town but one of the businesses has left now.
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID7396/images/dietcenter_cakeart_400.jpg

HundertzehnGustav
04-10-13, 05:42 PM
the right one left. the one on the right left. not the left left.

*bets an imaginary fiver*:O:

People feel guilty, and when confronted by the choice, will not go to the cake shop, ruining its business, and making the owner close shop or leave.

HundertzehnGustav
04-10-13, 06:47 PM
as to the OP's Question:
never is the global answer, at least for the "first world":hmm2:

For more individual results, throw the population in the dirt and rob them of their luxuries.:06:

They will have about 3 weeks to get their act together or die.
those that die have not taken their lives into their own hands.
those that survive, have taken their lives into their own hands.

at which point the answer to the question will be "now"

Buddahaid
04-11-13, 02:44 PM
Not here.
http://news.yahoo.com/idaho-family-sues-usfs-1m-180507334.html

Armistead
04-11-13, 03:25 PM
When I was a kid, we ate fast food about once a month, because back then mothers knew how to cook. That's the problem today, women can't and don't cook.

frau kaleun
04-11-13, 04:11 PM
When I was a kid, we ate fast food about once a month, because back then mothers knew how to cook. That's the problem today, women can't and don't cook.

:shifty:

Oh, wait... you must be living in that other universe where all men are born with permanently broken and useless arms and legs.

Jimbuna
04-11-13, 04:39 PM
^ :har:

Sailor Steve
04-11-13, 04:44 PM
:shifty:

Oh, wait... you must be living in that other universe where all men are born with permanently broken and useless arms and legs.
Whereas I live in the universe created by W.C. Fields: "A woman's place is in the stove!" :O:

Jimbuna
04-11-13, 04:46 PM
Cheeky bugga (on behalf of the frau) :)

mapuc
04-12-13, 02:09 PM
This lack of responsibility goes further that just fast food.

Many of the youth in my country who's unemployed demand that the state take care of them, find them a job or an education.

Markus