PDA

View Full Version : deflection angle

edwardallen
04-06-13, 07:01 AM
in auto mode is the deflection angle taken into account when the triangle turns green. If my understanding is correct the tdc calculates
this for you.

les green01
04-06-13, 07:56 AM
auto does everything all you got to do is set fish dept speed and open the doors

21kamando
04-06-13, 01:43 PM
With auto, the TDC will put the fish were ever you're aiming on the ship. So in theory you should have fairly accurate shot placement allowing for you to target very specific areas on ships (i.e. props, magazines, break point, etc...).

twm47099
04-06-13, 06:15 PM
With auto, the TDC will put the fish were ever you're aiming on the ship. So in theory you should have fairly accurate shot placement allowing for you to target very specific areas on ships (i.e. props, magazines, break point, etc...).

I've not been able to do that unlessI set an angle on the spread dial. To use auto, I have had to lock the target which sets the cross hair at the target center. That is one of the reasons why I use manual targeting. Auto is very nice when attacking a convoy, especially after the first hit when the targets start scattering.

Tom

21kamando
04-06-13, 09:54 PM
I've not been able to do that unlessI set an angle on the spread dial. To use auto, I have had to lock the target which sets the cross hair at the target center. That is one of the reasons why I use manual targeting. Auto is very nice when attacking a convoy, especially after the first hit when the targets start scattering.

Tom

I've found out the hard way that you must hold the crosshairs until the fish are actually out of the tube and running. That may have been your problem; I only found this out when a destroyer broke my line of sight and the last torp of a 3 fish salvo broke from the other two torps' path and went after the destroyer.