PDA

View Full Version : No deck gun?

Obi-Don
04-04-13, 03:36 PM
I have a sh4 campaign going TMO, RSRDC, OTC mods. After 4 patrols in an S class I upgraded to the U.S.S. Seal a Salmon class, and it has no deck gun. Historically that class had a gun. I did a patrol and thought it might give me a option to upgrade but no luck. Anyone else have this happen? Any known workarounds?

Roger Dodger
04-09-13, 12:48 PM
I have a sh4 campaign going TMO, RSRDC, OTC mods. After 4 patrols in an S class I upgraded to the U.S.S. Seal a Salmon class, and it has no deck gun. Historically that class had a gun. I did a patrol and thought it might give me a option to upgrade but no luck. Anyone else have this happen? Any known workarounds?

I had a similar problem with the deck gun, and it months of fiddling around to figure out what was wrong. Here is what I finally found:

(refer to: My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\UPCInitial\ActiveUserPlayer Units.upc) When Ducimus included the 'Crew Berthing' area in TMO (around v1.2) he put that compartment at 'Compartment 3'. The other compartments maintained their original numbering UNTIL you reach the Deck Guns. The 'Aft Deck Gun' goes from 'Compartment 7' to 'Compartment 8' and the 'Fore Deck Gun' goes from 'Compartment 8' to 'Compartment 9'. 'Compartment 9' never existed before this, and therein lies the rub.

When you start your game, it will automatically load the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc FROM THE GAMESAVE FOLDERS. If you installed TMO2.5 (or earlier versions) IN PORT (as directed), the game will not pick up the modified ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc, but BY DEFAULT loads that file from the GAMESAVE FOLDER. This will happen EVEN IF you install TMO2.5 AND start a new campaign.

THE ANSWER: DELETE the ENTIRE SH4 folder from My Documents\, THEN start a new campaign. When the game loads, it will look for the SH4 (GameSave) folder. If it isn't found, the game will create a new SH4 folder AND install the modified .upc files (which will be taken from TMO). Problem solved, case closed.

Unfortunately, you will have to start a new campaign, but since you're very early in the war, you haven't wasted a lot of time. Strangely enough, S-Boats will ALWAYS have a Deck Gun, but advanced models will NEVER get one unless you also Delete/Re-Install the GameSave folder. I wasted literally months of effort re-writing those .upc files, but never getting a Deck Gun.

Hope this was helpful for you.

Good Hunting!