PDA

View Full Version : Doom 4 Is In Trouble, Being Rebooted For Next-Generation Platforms

Feuer Frei!
04-03-13, 10:27 PM
I started a new thread re DOOM 4 since the other one was a April Fool's joke (allegedly). Mods can merge, if need be.

This is not looking good...

Things are not looking good – at all- for Doom 4 and id Software as according to Kotaku, Doom 4 has already been rebooted. As Bethesda’s vice president of marketing and public relations Pete Hines said in a statement to Kotaku, Doom 4′s initial version did not exhibit the quality and excitement that Id and Bethesda intend to deliver and as a result of that, the game has been rebooted. Not only that, but the game is now planned for next-generation platforms, and there is no ETA as of yet.

SOURCE (http://www.dsogaming.com/news/doom-4-is-in-trouble-being-rebooted-for-next-generation-platforms/#more-46864)

JU_88
05-03-13, 03:53 AM
I actually didnt like Doom 3 all that much, it was ok, but one play though was enough for me. The great thing about the orginal doom, was the variety of weird and wonderful maps, while some of it was in claustrophobic corridors, others were in vast open areas.
And some times you would get mobbed horrible from all angles buy 20+ monsters at once.
Doom 3 kinda felt like an endless corridor, taking on monsters 2 or 3 at a time (due to technical limitations).

Honestly, I think ID has lost it abit.