PDA

View Full Version : Most disappointing games

Cybermat47
04-03-13, 07:51 PM
Halo 3 ODST: I agree with Angry Joe on this one: Halo 3 Overpriced DownLoadable Content. It was sold for around $60 and featured an incredibly short campaign. I finished in THREE HOURS on the second-hardest difficulty setting. THREE HOURS!

Red October1984
04-03-13, 08:04 PM
Naval Assault: The Killing Tide

Look it up....Nuff said...

Dowly
04-03-13, 08:14 PM
Way too many to list, but from the past year:

ACM, XCOM and Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog

Spike88
04-03-13, 08:28 PM
Assassins Creed 3. I was hyped for it, only to find the game a tad boring, and the main character dull. Which is a shame because I enjoyed Ezio's trilogy.

the_tyrant
04-03-13, 09:01 PM
Way too many to list, but from the past year:

ACM, XCOM and Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog

You didn't like Xcom Enemy Unknown? I liked it, sure it wasn't as hard as the originals, but it was a pretty competently done turn based game.

For me, the most disappointing was the Kane and Lynch series.

For the longest time, we were forced to play as the good guys in video games. Sure, you killed millions, but the game still made you the hero (or at the very most, like in Mafia 2, a flawed protagonist).

But I want to play as the bad guy goddamnit! I want to play as the guy who is taking over the world because of selfish reasons, because he isn't a good guy! And to be honest, these games are too few and far between. I wanted to play as Blofied, not James Bond again goddamnit! Add in the fact that the multiplayer was innovative, and that IO interactive (the Hitman guys) were making the game, and I was really looking forward to it.

But alas, the game was a shooter, but the shooting mechanics were crap. Kane and Lynch was built off the Hitman engine, and that was where its troubles began. Hitman: Blood Money had very sloppy shooting, but we forgave it, because it was a hitman game, not a shooter. But when you make a shooter with such sloppy mechanics, you completely ruin the game.

Dowly
04-03-13, 09:08 PM
You didn't like Xcom Enemy Unknown? I liked it, sure it wasn't as hard as the originals, but it was a pretty competently done turn based game.

Not really.

mookiemookie
04-03-13, 09:13 PM
SH5 and Dragon Age 2 are the two that spring to mind for me.

reignofdeath
04-03-13, 09:52 PM
Dead Rising, Dead Island (Especially because when I first saw it it was supposed to be a survival horror simulation type thing, when it came out it was very arcadish/ rpg)

Madden from about 07-12 Just the same game with LESS each time

Cant think of the others right now but there def are.

Red October1984
04-03-13, 10:23 PM
Dead Rising, Dead Island (Especially because when I first saw it it was supposed to be a survival horror simulation type thing, when it came out it was very arcadish/ rpg)

Dead Island was supposed to be an RPG. Not a simulation. Survival Horror is tacked onto anything these days that MIGHT give some little kids a scare. I haven't played a good "survival horror" game. I loved Dead Island and I def will buy the second one coming out soon. Dead Rising however, that was a poor excuse for a game. :nope:

reignofdeath
04-04-13, 03:27 AM
Dead Island was supposed to be an RPG. Not a simulation. Survival Horror is tacked onto anything these days that MIGHT give some little kids a scare. I haven't played a good "survival horror" game. I loved Dead Island and I def will buy the second one coming out soon. Dead Rising however, that was a poor excuse for a game. :nope:

Eh not so much simulation but MUCH more realistic, we are talking about a fully modeled damage system (Not one where if you hit the arm anywhere the whole thing explodes from the shoulder down, but more like if you slice the left thumb off at a 30* angle thats how it comes off. They even had a full structural layer of muscle skin and bone that would be taken into effect (if you wedge a machete into the right leg say, enough to cut the thigh completely, that leg wouldnt be able to move anymore)) that was all under development wayy before Deep Silver or was it Techland got ahold of it.

Red October1984
04-04-13, 06:22 AM
Eh not so much simulation but MUCH more realistic, we are talking about a fully modeled damage system (Not one where if you hit the arm anywhere the whole thing explodes from the shoulder down, but more like if you slice the left thumb off at a 30* angle thats how it comes off. They even had a full structural layer of muscle skin and bone that would be taken into effect (if you wedge a machete into the right leg say, enough to cut the thigh completely, that leg wouldnt be able to move anymore)) that was all under development wayy before Deep Silver or was it Techland got ahold of it.

That sounds cool...but has something like that EVER been done? :hmmm:

the_tyrant
04-04-13, 07:27 AM
if you want to enjoy a zombie game, you should try zombi-u. It is probably the best game for the Wii u, and one of the best zombie games ever made

another disappointing game was dead or alive xtreme 2. It took one of the best sports games of all time (dead or alive xtreme beach volleyball had some very intense volleyball action), and turned it into just more lazy tits n ass.

Spike88
04-04-13, 10:05 AM
That sounds cool...but has something like that EVER been done? :hmmm:

In rogue like games, yes. But those don't have to deal with 3d reprensentations of the damage.

Also MGR:Revengeance has a pretty neat way of removing limbs, but it doesn't haven't the complex damage system.

Hottentot
04-04-13, 10:56 AM
Splinter Cell. It's over ten years old and still holds that title for me.

"Ooo, I'm stealthy agent! Please pay no attention to these three glowing green dots you see moving in the darkness! They are fireflies!"

Dowly
04-04-13, 11:01 AM
Splinter Cell. It's over ten years old and still holds that title for me.

"Ooo, I'm stealthy agent! Please pay no attention to these three glowing green dots you see moving in the darkness! They are fireflies!"

Splinter Cell: LightBulb Assassin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMx86wXaKY) :O:

Hottentot
04-04-13, 11:48 AM
Splinter Cell: LightBulb Assassin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMx86wXaKY) :O:

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that abomination had this piece of gaming genius too. :doh:

Stealhead
04-09-13, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYGlWjIKoY4

Not really specific to any game but it makes FPS multiplayer more than i want to bother with.