PDA

View Full Version : This is the scariest movie I have ever seen

Cybermat47
03-25-13, 07:34 PM
And it was made on a low budget.

It's a 1:18:00 long movie, so check your internet usage before clicking the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35HBFeB4jYg

I stayed up all night because of this film. That Slenderman is creepy as.

I'm really impressed by this film. It's sort of like old Doctor Who; the special effects aren't that good, but the storyline makes it pretty believable.

Red October1984
03-25-13, 08:16 PM
:shifty:

Really?

Slenderman?! Yeah. He was slightly creepy. Have you played any of the games? The redone Eight Pages? Slender's Mansion? Man...get your friends to play them and film their reactions. They don't scare me...but I love the reactions. :rotfl2:

Actually, you should try SCP Containment Breach. That one will make you jump. :up:

As far as movies go, nothing scares me. Nothing scares me period. :arrgh!:

Feuer Frei!
03-25-13, 08:38 PM
This is the scariest movie I have ever seen

You haven't seen French Horror movies then i take it :D

Cybermat47
03-25-13, 08:52 PM
You haven't seen French Horror movies then i take it :D

No. And now I'm never going to.

frau kaleun
03-25-13, 09:06 PM
I typically don't have nightmares or that sort of thing from watching movies, probably since I grew up with a sister twelve years older than me who loves scary stuff but could never watch it alone so guess which impressionable toddler got dragged out of bed every Friday night to watch whatever awful B-movie horror flick was being shown on the local UHF station?

Yeah, that would be me. It never seemed to bother me. So I'm not accustomed to being really, REALLY scared with any residual effect by shows or movies.

The only horror movie that has ever given me nightmares as an adult is Ringu, the original Japanese movie on which Hollywood's "The Ring" was based.

The only other movie, not really a horror film per se, that gave me a nightmare was "Virtuosity," a not-very-good movie about an AI-created psychopath that steps out of the machine and begins wreaking havoc in the real world. I only watched it because Russell Crowe was in it and that was before he was in a lot of stuff that was actually worth watching. :O:

It's interesting to me that in both cases, the scary thing - the part that featured in my nightmares - was this evil, murderous "virtual" creature stepping out of some piece of technology and becoming real (and then coming to get me).

I guess if I start having nightmares where a uniformed Jimbuna steps out of my internet browser and stands in my room ominously chanting "what's all this then," I'll know it's time to unplug the ol' modem and stay off the grid. :haha:

Red October1984
03-25-13, 09:13 PM
I typically don't have nightmares or that sort of thing from watching movies, probably since I grew up with a sister twelve years older than me who loves scary stuff but could never watch it alone so guess which impressionable toddler got dragged out of bed every Friday night to watch whatever awful B-movie horror flick was being shown on the local UHF station?

Yeah, that would be me. It never seemed to bother me. So I'm not accustomed to being really, REALLY scared with any residual effect by shows or movies.

The only horror movie that has ever given me nightmares as an adult is Ringu, the original Japanese movie on which Hollywood's "The Ring" was based.

The only other movie, not really a horror film per se, that gave me a nightmare was "Virtuosity," a not-very-good movie about an AI-created psychopath that steps out of the machine and begins wreaking havoc in the real world. I only watched it because Russell Crowe was in it and that was before he was in a lot of stuff that was actually worth watching. :O:

It's interesting to me that in both cases, the scary thing - the part that featured in my nightmares - was this evil, murderous "virtual" creature stepping out of some piece of technology and becoming real (and then coming to get me).

I guess if I start having nightmares where a uniformed Jimbuna steps out of my internet browser and stands in my room ominously chanting "what's all this then," I'll know it's time to unplug the ol' modem and stay off the grid. :haha:

This post made me laugh. :har: For some reason it's funny.

And, if a uniformed Jimbuna tried to come out of my internet browser...well...I would know about it cause my connection is so slow. If he started crawling now, he might be out in 12 hours. Depends what his download size is. :O:

Dowly
03-25-13, 09:20 PM
"Virtuosity,"

Hah, love that movie! :yeah:

Tchocky
03-25-13, 09:32 PM

*shudder*

It was the way she moved that scared the hell out of me.

That and the score. How do you deal with music that only ever peeks its head above the parapet when something awful is going to happen?

Red October1984
03-25-13, 10:53 PM
*shudder*

It was the way she moved that scared the hell out of me.

That and the score. How do you deal with music that only ever peeks its head above the parapet when something awful is going to happen?

Looks like I'm gonna have to track this down and watch it. :hmmm:

I like scary movies. I like watching them with friends to see the reactions. even more. That's the fun in watching these. My best friend is the best one to watch scary movies with. He was scared by Apollo 18, Insidious, Chernobyl Diaries, Paranormal Activity 3, and he somehow can still live with himself. :har:

It was bad after we watched Insidious. We watched it at a birthday party and he proudly hid behind a wall of pillows on the couch as the girls around him watched the movie. :shifty: I had to follow him around that night cause he was too scared to go anywhere alone in the dark. The look on his face was priceless. It's pretty funny. I'm wanting to rent Sinister so I can show him that....also The Shining, Alien, and The Exorcist. I've seen them all...but he hasn't. It'll be hilarious. :rotfl2:

I also want to see the Evil Dead movies. The old one is supposedly better than this new one. I haven't seen either one so I don't know.

Herr-Berbunch
03-26-13, 03:04 AM
Mat - don't discard foreign films, per se, a lot of great films are foreign and get made later into crappy US remakes and not just horror flicks. Also don't watched them dubbed, subtitles FTW.

Cybermat47
03-26-13, 03:14 AM
Mat - don't discard foreign films,

Oh no, you misunderstand me. Feur Frei! said that French horror films were more frightening than the one that kept me up all last night, so I'm not really eager to see a French horror film.

Feuer Frei!
03-26-13, 04:39 AM
The word 'scary' is so subjective it's unbelievable. Like music. Like fashion.
I don't get scared watching movies, and i've seen some really graphic and let's call them 'alternative' horror movies. No movie has scared me. Ever. (yea yea, i'm a big man:D). Underground i call them, not made by Bollywood, where they've got no idea how to make shock tactics and graphic effects and violence.
Let the French, and to a lesser effect, imports deal with supplying the non-average joe, like me, who, if wanting to watch a horror movie, actually wants the shock factor, wants the blood and gore, and doesn't want the camera panning away before the axe or god knows whatever implement or weapon is about to cut flesh or some such thing.

I don't bother with the garbage that comes from hollywood because i know it's not going to do the job for me.

If you get shocked or scared by crap like The Chernobyl Diaries, then i'm afraid that there's not much hope for you. :D

Movies like Frontier(s) or Martyrs, although not truly scary, (for me, but then we are talking subjective again) will give you an example of what i'm talking about, with none of the commercial crap that we are fed by hollywood day in day out, the French know how to do a horror movie.

I've boycotted commercial stuff for years now.
Won't touch it.

Red October1984
03-26-13, 06:24 AM
If you get shocked or scared by crap like The Chernobyl Diaries, then i'm afraid that there's not much hope for you. :D

That's the exact same thing I told my scared friend there after we watched it. He's just like "I'm never going to watch this movie again." It was funny. I told him the same thing after Apollo 18. That movie isn't the least bit scary.

I've seen a Spainish zombie movie called Rec3 before but I don't watch any foreign stuff.

Herr-Berbunch
03-26-13, 08:04 AM
Hmmm, REC3 looks good, but I'd like to watch the first two first.

Talking of crappy US remakes, Quarantine is a remake of the first REC. It might just be great, but I'll watch the original over it anyway. :D

Jimbuna
03-26-13, 08:42 AM
A low budget Brit horror but well worth a viewing...Dog Soldiers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlpWa2lxgu0

Armistead
03-26-13, 10:16 AM
Scariest movie ever, must have Jimbuna running around naked..

Nippelspanner
03-26-13, 10:18 AM
...I told him the same thing after Apollo 18. That movie isn't the least bit scary.

The word 'scary' is so subjective it's unbelievable. Like music. Like fashion.

Feuer Frei! understood...

I don't watch any foreign stuff.

And why not?

frau kaleun
03-26-13, 12:05 PM
My best friend is the best one to watch scary movies with. He was scared by Apollo 18, Insidious, Chernobyl Diaries, Paranormal Activity 3, and he somehow can still live with himself. :har:

My best "watching a 'scary' movie with a friend" story has to do with the movie "Jaws" which is, actually, pretty scary and tense in places but not really a horror film.

When my best friend and I were still working in the same office I used the phrase "gonna need a bigger boat" in reference to something only to look up and see a look of complete incomprehension on her face. "You know," I said. "A bigger boat. We're gonna need a bigger boat. Like in 'Jaws.'"

"I've never seen 'Jaws,'" she said.

After I picked my own jaw up off the floor she explained that she didn't see it when it came out because she loves the ocean and going to the beach and thought it might ruin those things for her. And somehow she'd managed never to see it, not even a few minutes in a clip or while channel surfing, in all the years since.

Fair enough.

But a couple years later I had just bought my first DVD player and I was going to hang out at her place one weekend for a girls' night in, and I took the player and what few DVDs I had at the time with me so we could watch some stuff. One of the DVDs was, of course, "Jaws." I think I actually owned the DVD *before* I had a player, as a matter of fact. I remember watching all the special features on my computer. Anyway I hook up the player and tell her to pick out something from what I'd brought and she decided that after all these years she might as well see "Jaws" to find out what all the fuss was about.

Now keep in mind that I have seen "Jaws" many, MANY times. I basically have the movie memorized at this point. There are no surprises left. And I'd never before watched the movie with anyone who hadn't also seen it many times previously, so I'd kinda forgotten about any possible scare or shock factor because to me and everybody I know, it's all old hat at this point.

Well we get to the part where the three guys are out on the ocean looking for the shark and Brody's mad because Quint will only let Hooper drive the boat while he has to toss the chum in the water. "Slow ahead. I can go 'slow ahead.' Why doncha come down here and chum some o' this--"

And then of course you have the infamous moment where Mr. Shark is introduced for the first time by popping out of the waves to scare the... er... chum out of Chief Brody. I'm watching the movie not thinking anything about it at all when suddenly there's this scream to my right followed by a thump. I look over and my friend has not only screamed but jumped in her seat to the point that she slid completely off the couch onto the floor. I never laughed so hard in my life. :har:

STEED
03-26-13, 12:17 PM
A low budget Brit horror but well worth a viewing...Dog Soldiers:

Bah..throw them a few doggy treats and you have them rolling around doing tricks for you. :har:

OH MY....PLEASE NO!!! :o

Arrrrrheeeeeeeeeee...run for the hills.

Betonov
03-26-13, 01:03 PM
The dumbest thing ever was that we watched Blair witch before we went camping. Near the camp is a small rocky slope thats weathered enough that a single animal can dislodge a stone and roll it down the hill. A sound of moving rocks every 5 minutes. Not to mention a scream every now and then

Nippelspanner
03-26-13, 02:27 PM
Now keep in mind that I have seen "Jaws" many, MANY times.

Good girl! :smug:

And then of course you have the infamous moment where Mr. Shark is introduced for the first time...

It's Bruce!! :stare:

However, beautiful story, Fräulein! :)

I love this movie to death.
When I was 4, maybe 5, I watched it the first time - 'accidentally'. My brother was collecting movies back then and had them all. He always scared me with this movie, talking about it etc... He showed me the VHS tape, which had a small black sticker on one side. I couln'd read at that time, so he thought I would never find the tape.

He forgot the sticker.

I watched the movie, secretly, (Just don't ask why I was able to handle TV & Video Recorder at that age, haha) and he surprised me when he came back early. He was coming up the stairs, doing the "dun-dun-dun-dun" from the main theme. I hid behind the sofa in terror, believing the shark became real, now on it's way to get me...

End of story? I was really traumatized by this movie and event, so a 2 years long streak of terrible nightmares haunted me - just because of Bruce.

A former girlfriend of mine managed to set an end to this trauma by buying me the movie poster for my room. It cured me, Bruce and me are friends today and I watch the movie every once in a while, ha.

frau kaleun
03-26-13, 03:22 PM
It's Bruce!! :stare:

I know but I was afraid the young and uninitiated wouldn't know who I was talking about.

However, beautiful story, Fräulein! :)

It was so awesome. We still laugh about it to this day. Even though she'd told me she'd never seen ANY of the movie, it still just didn't occur to me that anyone who'd been alive and conscious for the preceding 30 years would not be at least *aware* of such a famous movie moment.

I remember pausing the movie, looking down at her on the floor, and saying... "Now... you did KNOW there was a shark in this movie, right? It couldn't have been that much of a surprise!" :haha:

But from what I've been told, a lot of people had the same reaction to that scene in the theaters when they saw it for the first time way back when it was just released.

I love this movie to death.
When I was 4, maybe 5, I watched it the first time - 'accidentally'. My brother was collecting movies back then and had them all. He always scared me with this movie, talking about it etc... He showed me the VHS tape, which had a small black sticker on one side. I couln'd read at that time, so he thought I would never find the tape.

I was a few years older than that when it came out in theaters but my sister, who was already married by then, refused to take me to see it because she said it was too scary. (This is the same sister who used to drag me out of bed at midnight on the weekends to watch old horror movies on tv. Go figure). So she GAVE ME THE BOOK TO READ instead. :haha:

This was pretty normal for her back then. The Exorcist? NO YOU CANNOT GO SEE THE EXORCIST... oh fine, here, just read the book. The Omen? Of course I'm not taking you to see that. Wait, though, I've got the book here somewhere... :O:

A former girlfriend of mine managed to set an end to this trauma by buying me the movie poster for my room. It cured me, Bruce and me are friends today and I watch the movie every once in a while, ha.

I have one of those Billy Bass singing fish type plaques on the wall in my office, except instead of the usual fish it's a great white shark and it says JAWS in big letters across the top. When it comes on the shark wiggles his fins like he's swimming and the "dun-dun dun-dun" theme from the movie plays.

Then that stops abruptly and the music changes and the shark turns his head to look at you and starts singing "Mack the Knife." Funny thing, I have it because that same friend and I were out shopping in some outlet and stumbled on a huge pile of these things on clearance, I mean a stack of boxes taller than we were and about ten feet around. We just stood there and stared at it until she said, "I think you have to buy one of those." "Yep," I said, and so I did.

Even funnier was that at first I didn't know that in addition to having a 'play' button it also has a motion sensor which was set to 'on' by default. So I put batteries in it and hung it in my office and turned off the lights and went home and came in the next morning to find a little note from the cleaning crew on my desk, letting me know that it had come on and scared the crap out of them when they walked in the night before. :haha:

Oberon
03-26-13, 03:40 PM
I think for anyone in the UK who grew up between 1950 and 1991, this had to be the stuff of nightmares:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MCbTvoNrAg

Red October1984
03-26-13, 05:48 PM
And why not?

I just don't. They aren't as common as American movies and the few places that sell foreign movies have bad selections.

STEED
03-26-13, 06:00 PM
Scariest movie ever, comes down to you the individual as one person would sit there bored out their mind yelling at the film while another person goes screaming into the night.

So far I have not seen a film that gave me the shiver's but I do recall episodes of The Omega Factor scared the heck out of me as a kid.

Tchocky
03-26-13, 06:02 PM
I think for anyone in the UK who grew up between 1950 and 1991, this had to be the stuff of nightmares:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MCbTvoNrAg
That scared the hell out of me, and I first watched it on a nice comfy TGV on a beautiful summers day. Eeech.

Skybird
03-26-13, 06:13 PM
Only two movies made me loose my sleep for nights when I first saw them, it was in my teenage years. The first, Alien, must not be explained.

The second was "Picnic at Hanging Rock" by Peter Weir. The last scene, when the camera closes in on the headmistress of the college, she now wearing all black suddenly and sits alone and motionless, when the last news is brought to her, and the last spoken words in the movie are heard by the audience. Her cold eyes, her face like stone, no movement - and then you hear how the big clock in the floor stops ticking.

That was kind of Bradburian horror.

I cannot explain why, obviously it is because of the mysterious nature of the story told before, but this scene let me fear darkness for many nights to come. Maybe because so much interpretation is possible and left to imagination. And imagination runs wild.

I still admire that movie very much.

Obviously there are other shocking movies as well, who impressed me for one or two nights, but not longer. "Don't look now" on my mind. Creepy.

Cybermat47
03-26-13, 06:22 PM
The first, Alien, must not be explained.

Oh yeah, I saw that one last week. Pretty good movie. Not all that frightening, though. Probably because everybody knows who lives and who dies. It even said it on the back cover!

Jimbuna
03-26-13, 06:34 PM

I'd be too frightened to watch that one myself :)

Red October1984
03-26-13, 06:39 PM
Oh yeah, I saw that one last week. Pretty good movie. Not all that frightening, though. Probably because everybody knows who lives and who dies. It even said it on the back cover!

The Alien series isn't that scary. Aliens has a jump scene or two but it's more of a Sci-Fi thing than a horror thing. :hmmm:

Skybird
03-26-13, 06:54 PM
Alien is hopelessly worn out by now - too popular. When you shed too much light ion something, it looses its magic. Actually, the original movie I saw again three years ago, and found it boring.

But in the very early 80s, when it came out (1980?) , it was anything than worn out or boring. It was a sensation. There was nothing to compare it to. It was new style, like Star Wars was a new style, too. It was shocking. And it stayed like that for quite some time, because the beast remained in the shadows for years to come, and the media landscape was not such to distribute the images of it as fast as it is the case today with internet and all that.

Alien must be seen as a culture phenomenon that can only be appreciated and understood by comparing it against the background of the time it came to life in.

Before, it were movies like Formicula! or Tarantula!, or the old classical Jack Arnold movies (I love them). But they do not scare anybody anymore. We laugh instead.

STEED
03-26-13, 07:06 PM
Have horror films gone to far?

Take Psycho the grand daddy of the slasher films which looks so harmless too today's films.

Tchocky
03-26-13, 07:14 PM
I'd say recently the trend has been towards "shocker" rather than "horror". Surprising rather than unsettling.

That said, El Orfanato scared the bejeezus out of me.

Armistead
03-26-13, 08:43 PM
I remember seeing Jaws when I was a kid, after that movie no one wanted to go to the beach.

Another movie that scared me as a kid was "The Amityville Horror."

Today nothing really scares me, can sleep like a baby after any movie.

Nippelspanner
03-27-13, 10:41 AM
I know but I was afraid the young and uninitiated wouldn't know who I was talking about.
Fair enogh, you're forgiven, this time.:O:

This was pretty normal for her back then. The Exorcist? NO YOU CANNOT GO SEE THE EXORCIST... oh fine, here, just read the book. The Omen? Of course I'm not taking you to see that. Wait, though, I've got the book here somewhere... :O:
Wow, she really didn't realize that the books are even more frightening?
Never read the Exorcist. After watching the movie - I never will. The stair-walk scene gave me the creeps. :huh:

I have one of those Billy Bass singing fish type plaques on the wall in my office...

Searched for it and saw a video on youtube. I understand why the cleaning crew freaked out :har:

Oh jee, I have the strong feeling I gotta watch that movie again soon! :arrgh!:

frau kaleun
03-27-13, 10:59 AM
Oh jee, I have the strong feeling I gotta watch that movie again soon! :arrgh!:

It was probably the first DVD I ever bought, but oddly enough I don't know that I've ever gotten it out to watch the movie. There will be periods here where it is shown frequently on tv - one cable channel would sometimes run it two or three times over a single weekend. And usually I'd have it on every time when that happened. It's one of those movies where, if it's on and I find it, it's highly unlikely that I'll turn it off.

Sailor Steve
03-27-13, 11:48 AM
I don't watch any foreign stuff.
So you've never seen Das Boot? :O:

Herr-Berbunch
03-27-13, 12:02 PM

Or Downfall? How could anyone not watch Downfall, the shouty scenes were just as good as the squillion-and-one parodies.

Or Battle Royale? Or Man Bites Dog? Doberman? Seven Samurai? :doh:

Just sticking with the good ol' US of A factory produced stuff, a good grounding for life. :hmph:

Jimbuna
03-27-13, 01:00 PM
The Exorcist took some beating in its day.

Nippelspanner
03-27-13, 02:54 PM
The Exorcist took some beating in its day.

You mean for being a little too intense? I don't doubt that for a second, ha.

Cybermat47
03-27-13, 04:45 PM
Or Downfall? How could anyone not watch Downfall, the shouty scenes were just as good as the squillion-and-one parodies.

You mean RedOctober's never seen Downfall? How could he not!? It's the greatest German film, bar one! Bring me RedOctober!
RedOctober!
RedOctober!
REDOCTOBER!

STEED
03-27-13, 05:38 PM
Confession...

I watched ALIEN when I was around 12 years old, did it scare me? No..I was blown away by the visual effects.

Jimbuna
03-27-13, 05:42 PM
You mean for being a little too intense? I don't doubt that for a second, ha.

It certainly frightened me :)

Red October1984
03-27-13, 07:38 PM
I know you've seen the thread I started where I spent my Saturday watching the entire Director's Cut.

Or Battle Royale? Or Man Bites Dog? Doberman? Seven Samurai? :doh:

Just sticking with the good ol' US of A factory produced stuff, a good grounding for life. :hmph:

I've seen a couple foreign films. There was Das Boot, Beneath Hill 60 (An aussie movie for you CM47), Rec3, Attack on Leningrad, there was a really good Korean movie about the war from the South Korean's POV, there was War of the Dead, and there's a couple more I can't remember off the top of my head.

You mean RedOctober's never seen Downfall? How could he not!? It's the greatest German film, bar one! Bring me RedOctober!
RedOctober!
RedOctober!
REDOCTOBER!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Calm down. I have not seen Downfall. You can come and find me, but, I'll just retreat into the woods with a white morphsuit with a suit over it and hide behind trees. It'll look something like this:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/288/1/5/slenderman_9_by_affeohnewaffe-d5hvoam.jpg

:stare: HA!

Oberon
03-27-13, 07:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NihDE3qITes

HAAAAAAAAAAI GUYS!

Cybermat47
03-27-13, 08:06 PM
Beneath Hill 60 (An aussie movie for you CM47)

Thanks, but I'm too young.

I have not seen Downfall.

Neither have I.

It'll look something like this:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/288/1/5/slenderman_9_by_affeohnewaffe-d5hvoam.jpg

:stare: HA!

You'll look like a blue square with a white question mark in the middle? Riiight...

Red October1984
03-27-13, 10:18 PM
Thanks, but I'm too young.

What? Beneath Hill 60 isn't bad. It's rated R for language and war violence IIRC. There are no sex scenes in the movie. It's about the Aussie troops in WW1 that tunneled underneath the German trenches to blow them up and about the Germans trying to do the same thing. It was a really good, very well done movie. :up:

Neither have I.

Then why were you demanding to have me brought to you for not seeing it? And claiming that it is the best German film kind of implies that you've seen it. :06:

Oh god....I'm turning into Sailor Steve... :O:

You'll look like a blue square with a white question mark in the middle? Riiight...

FYI, that is a picture of your worst enemy. Slenderman.... :stare: If you come to attack me, that'll be my counterattack. You seem pretty creeped out by Slendy. :yep: That'll work as a deterrent.

Sailor Steve
03-27-13, 10:24 PM
Then why were you demanding to have me brought to you for not seeing it? And claiming that it is the best German film kind of implies that you've seen it. :06:
A very good question. That would be like me criticizing someone's choice of beers.

Oh god....I'm turning into Sailor Steve...
You could only wish. :sunny:

Cybermat47
03-27-13, 10:38 PM
What? Beneath Hill 60 isn't bad. It's rated R for language and war violence IIRC. There are no sex scenes in the movie. It's about the Aussie troops in WW1 that tunneled underneath the German trenches to blow them up and about the Germans trying to do the same thing. It was a really good, very well done movie. :up:

OK, I'll try to see it then :up:

I've seen bits of it... and, of course, the Hitler Parodies.

Oh god....I'm turning into Sailor Steve... :O:

Well, look at me, I'm responding to you like this. Sailor Steve must be infectious :O:

FYI, that is a picture of your worst enemy. Slenderman.... :stare: If you come to attack me, that'll be my counterattack. You seem pretty creeped out by Slendy. :yep: That'll work as a deterrent.

Thank you for getting this thread back on track :up:

Red October1984
03-27-13, 11:13 PM
OK, I'll try to see it then :up:

I think you'll really like it. If you have seen Alien, you have seen a gorier and more violent movie. Language isn't that bad IMHO. It might be cause I'm so used to hearing it all over the place. :doh:

I've seen bits of it... and, of course, the Hitler Parodies.

Everyone has at least seen ONE Hitler Parody. I've seen about 150.

Well, look at me, I'm responding to you like this. Sailor Steve must be infectious :O:

The H82N41 Flu disease. The Sailor Steve Disease...it's the new epidemic. I don't know how the CDC hasn't picked up on it yet.

Thank you for getting this thread back on track :up:

No problem...just remember....Slenderman isn't real. He makes for a hell of a story though. Have you researched the "Full story"?

He supposedly originated from some German myth and he uses his tentacle things to impale people high up on tree branches. He supposedly uses organs as bags and can change height from 6-15 feet easily. His primary targets are children, apparently. In the myth version, he looks more like a bipedal spider with a little more facial features and no suit. I forgot the German name for him...I'll google it. In the new, improved, and less "creepy" (i guess) he's just a blank face in a suit in the woods. Slenderman doesn't scare me. It's a flatout dumb myth. :dead: It shouldn't scare you. The game provides it's fair share of jump scenes. The first time I played it, I will admit to jumping a little when Slendy peeked out from behind the tree. That's expected though. It's just the anticipation. The actual thing itself isn't scary. I've seen some pretty funny Slenderman comedy videos. I liked the "Slenderman is a bad roommate" video on youtube.

I just know that when I grow up and have kids...I'm gonna have a heck of a ghost story to tell them. Not when they're real little....but about the time they are 9 or 10. Still young enough to get a little scare and old enough to know that stuff like that isn't real.

Cybermat47
03-27-13, 11:32 PM
I know he's not real. But he still creeps me out...

You're sort of right about the organ-bag thing. He would take the organs out, put them in plastic bags, then put them back in.

His German name was Der Großmann, or Der Ritter.

Red October1984
03-27-13, 11:41 PM
I know he's not real. But he still creeps me out...

You're sort of right about the organ-bag thing. He would take the organs out, put them in plastic bags, then put them back in.

His German name was Der Großmann, or Der Ritter.

I knew I was forgetting something! He put the organs in bags and then replaced them. That's right.

And yes. That's the German name. This thing is supposedly the "Scariest thing on the internet."

If I met slenderman out in the woods, I'd just shoot the thing and move on. I'll save all the young people of the world from this "horrible thing." I'd be just like shooting coyotes that are antagonizing people's animals.

Cybermat47
03-28-13, 01:27 AM
If I met slenderman out in the woods, I'd just shoot the thing and move on.

Is that in the job description the the Subsim hillbilly? 'Must be prepared to shoot invincible fictional characters on sight.'

Red October1984
03-28-13, 06:07 AM
Is that in the job description the the Subsim hillbilly? 'Must be prepared to shoot invincible fictional characters on sight.'

You know it pal! :up: I saw this unicorn once while deer hunting... :O:

HunterICX
03-28-13, 06:15 AM
My own performance in the school's Play/musical :dead:

HunterICX

Red October1984
03-28-13, 06:52 AM
My own performance in the school's Play/musical :dead:

Was it that bad? I don't sign up for stuff like that. :O:

HunterICX
03-28-13, 07:00 AM
Nor did I but the whole class had to take part, lead role was drawn from a jar and guess who won that one....:shifty:

HunterICX

Cybermat47
03-28-13, 04:39 PM
You know it pal! :up: I saw this unicorn once while deer hunting... :O:

:har:

On a more serious note, I would insult you in everyday possible for deer hunting... but my favourite food is sausages :)

Dowly
03-28-13, 04:45 PM
VERY few horror movies scare me these days, but the ones the do, are to do
with pitch black forest (and sounds) and someone just staring at you.

So, Blair Witch Project is one that gets me, only seen it once. When watching it, I
imagine myself in their position. What I would?

And then there's Halloween, the scene(s) where Myers just stares at you. I LOVE THOSE SCENES. Yet, I hate those.

There are movies that jump scare you, and movies that just scare you.

Blood and gore does not equal horror, get that right horror directors. Mess with the mind (no, go away Paranormal Activity).

Nippelspanner
03-28-13, 05:07 PM
Honestly, I really enjoyed Paranormal Activity, at least the first one. The tension worked well for me. And I love horror that you can't estimate... I mean, a mad chainsaw-killer? Put a bullet to his head - end of story.

But something like good 'ol Samara(Ring)/Sadako (Ringu) that you can't kill, that has powers you can do nothing against... that freaks me out.

That's why invisible forces like in PA work for me. One day they just let your lights flicker... next day, they break your spine - and you can't do crap about it and don't know when its going to happen...

It is what scares most people, not only in horror movies: Losing control.

Jimbuna
03-28-13, 05:22 PM
VERY few horror movies scare me these days, but the ones the do, are to do
with pitch black forest (and sounds) and someone just staring at you.

So, Blair Witch Project is one that gets me, only seen it once. When watching it, I
imagine myself in their position. What I would?

And then there's Halloween, the scene(s) where Myers just stares at you. I LOVE THOSE SCENES. Yet, I hate those.

There are movies that jump scare you, and movies that just scare you.

Blood and gore does not equal horror, get that right horror directors. Mess with the mind (no, go away Paranormal Activity).

Softy :D

:O:

Red October1984
03-28-13, 09:31 PM
:har:

On a more serious note, I would insult you in everyday possible for deer hunting... but my favourite food is sausages :)

Have you ever had Deer Sausage?

Your argument is invalid until you have deer meat. Deer Chili, Jerky, Sausage, Tacos, etc.

Deer makes some good food. What you have to understand is that we don't savagely hunt and wipe out the population of deer. There are regulated seasons and bag limits for almost every huntable animal. What we're doing is actually helping nature. You might say that we're killing off a species. That isn't true. We're regulating the population of one species to save the other species. We're keeping nature in balance. You anti-hunters just have the wrong idea. We aren't all bloodthirsty savages. We're just regulating deer population so that there's enough food for the other animals and that other animals don't become endangered. The same principle applies to every animal that we hunt over here. If you shoot some deer, there are enough acorns for the squirrels to eat and survive on. We don't just hunt deer for the trophy. Some people do. Most don't in my experience. It doesn't mean we don't try for the big one. I'm in this for multiple reasons. I like the meat, the deer population needs to stay in check, etc.

I don't have anything against you personally or anything. I'm just presenting my side of the argument.

Back to the thread. :up: :salute:

Cybermat47
03-28-13, 09:36 PM
Have you ever had Deer Sausage?

Every time I give up my right to dis deer hunters with my love of sausages, somebody asks if I've had deer sausages. It happened on YouTube, and it happened here. It's bizarre :doh:

Nippelspanner
03-28-13, 09:38 PM
Every time I give up my right to dis deer hunters with my love of sausages, somebody asks if I've had deer sausages. It happened on YouTube, and it happened here. It's bizarre :doh:

Wait, what exactly is wrong with hunting?

Cybermat47
03-28-13, 09:47 PM
Wait, what exactly is wrong with hunting?

When you're doing it illegally.

Honestly, I don't know why I got so worked up about legal hunting earlier in life.

Nippelspanner
03-28-13, 09:52 PM
When you're doing it illegally.

Honestly, I don't know why I got so worked up about legal hunting earlier in life.

Ah, well I wouldnt call it (illegal) hunting, I would call it what it is - poaching :03:

Red October1984
03-28-13, 09:52 PM

It's almost worth trying to mail some to you. It's the best kind of sausage out there. The best kind is the "Old Fashioned" version from a local meat processor. They also have a Spicy version that is just as good.

It's also pretty darn hard to beat Fried Deer Nuggets made from the Backstraps and Tenderloins. Good stuff.... :D

Red October1984
03-28-13, 11:53 PM
Well, it's a scary movie kind of night for me. I'm up watching The Crazies on (of all channels... :timeout:) the Gay channel.

The scariest part of this movie is the commercials. :dead:

Cybermat47
03-29-13, 02:47 AM
the Gay channel.

Cool. :cool:

The scariest part of this movie is the commercials. :dead:

Tell me about them...

Red October1984
03-29-13, 12:06 PM
Tell me about them...

Well. They kept advertising for Rupaul's Drag Race where a bunch of guys dress up like girls and....yeah....

That was just one. :timeout:

Red October1984
03-30-13, 09:53 PM
Cybermat47 would be proud of me.

I walked down my driveway through foggy woods with no moon out.

No flashlight....and I wasn't scared! Ha! :up:

Cybermat47
03-30-13, 10:56 PM
Cybermat47 would be proud of me.

I walked down my driveway through foggy woods with no moon out.

No flashlight....and I wasn't scared! Ha! :up:

Hooray! :salute:

Your nose is bleeding, isn't it?

Red October1984
03-31-13, 12:08 AM
Hooray! :salute:

Your nose is bleeding, isn't it?

No...my nose isn't bleeding. :har:

I wish I could've taken a picture of the foggy woods with my house lights in the background. It was the most awesome thing I've seen since I flew that Gyrocopter in September.

Mork_417
04-02-13, 01:43 AM
Not a scary movie fan myself, but most of the old stuff doesn't bother me. However, I've probably only seen a fraction of what's out there. The only one that really screwed with my head was "The Amityville Horror (1979)".