PDA

View Full Version : Texas wants back its Gold from the Fed Reserve - or not?

Skybird
03-24-13, 11:05 AM
First the Huns wanted back their gold, now the Cowboys. Must be an pandemic?!

I always laughed about gold certificates. The mere existence of such toilet paper stuff spoils the reason why you want to buy gold. You could as well buy your loved one for wedding not a golden ring with a jewel, but a nice little paper card with a colorful print on it saying "Wedding ring with jewel saved in a hidden location".

Tchocky
03-24-13, 11:16 AM
Link (http://smmercury.com/2013/03/22/perry-lawmakers-want-states-gold-back-in-texas/)

Capriglione said he was at a Tea Party event in Tarrant County earlier this year where Perry spoke about the state’s gold investments as an economic development tool. Since then, he has been working with Perry’s office on the bill.
“Something on the scorecards of a lot of these businesses in deciding whether they want to come to Texas is stability and gold as being one of those items,” Capriglione said. “I think it’s been in his consciousness for a while in trying to get some sort of depository in the state of Texas.”

I have trouble believing that businesses base their decisions on how much gold a particular state has got.

Buddahaid
03-24-13, 11:16 AM
Value is all relative anyway.

Skybird
03-24-13, 11:33 AM
But you will never find somebody willing to give you one pound of gold for one pound of toilet paper.

Relativity does not exclude hierarchy.

Nor does it devalue historic experience.

Tchocky
03-24-13, 11:37 AM
But you will never find somebody willing to give you one pound of gold for one pound of toilet paper.

http://blog.toiletpaperworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/toilet-paper-cuba.jpg

It'll happen to you.....

Tribesman
03-24-13, 11:37 AM
I have trouble believing that businesses base their decisions on how much gold a particular state has got.
3 words explain the line.

Tea Party event :03:

Buddahaid
03-24-13, 11:41 AM
An Incan would have.

Skybird
03-24-13, 11:49 AM
http://blog.toiletpaperworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/toilet-paper-cuba.jpg

It'll happen to you.....

I have all in all 15 months of life in the ME away from the tourist hotels under my belt. If you want to shock me with that picture, then you do not know what toilet habits in some parts of the world rule. Nor have you ever cleaned a baby.

So, I'll take the pound of gold. Keep your paper.

nikimcbee
03-24-13, 11:55 AM
Rumo(u)r has it Mookie has a large stash of Glenn Beck gold coins in his prepper bunker.:hmmm:

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/27/45/30efddb7fb1959e5c54723b5874e9357-mad-cat-hates-boxes-now.jpg

Mookie has da goldz and kitteh treatz.

Buddahaid
03-24-13, 12:04 PM
And just cases, and cases of Dr. Prepper.
http://rlv.zcache.es/soy_un_prepper_el_dr_prepper_tee_shirts-r77370d576b3e41a492e5f436133c4ddc_va6pa_512.jpg

Seriously, if the world falls back on the gold standard it's all over anyway by then.

em2nought
03-24-13, 12:43 PM
Texas is getting more attractive all the time. I'd move there if I could. :D

Tchocky
03-24-13, 02:03 PM
I have all in all 15 months of life in the ME away from the tourist hotels under my belt. If you want to shock me with that picture, then you do not know what toilet habits in some parts of the world rule. Nor have you ever cleaned a baby.

So, I'll take the pound of gold. Keep your paper.

I was joking.

Wolferz
03-24-13, 02:54 PM
I wish them luck in getting it back. They'll need it. Along with a lot of tanks and shock troops.:huh:

mookiemookie
03-24-13, 04:41 PM
The worst part about this state is that the nutballs get the most press. We're not really all like this, I swear. :oops:

Mookie has da goldz and kitteh treatz. My Christmas cards this past year had Grumpy Cat on them. :rotfl2:

nikimcbee
03-24-13, 10:22 PM
So, you're not denying that you have a bunker with GBGCs. Here's the gold question then:

We have a subsim bbq at mookie's pad:

You serve, 100% longhorn beef.

OR

the imitation longhorn beef*.

*imitation longhorn beef may contain the following: beef byproducts, pork by products, possum, armadillo, chihuahua, squirrel, guinea pig, soy, carp, prairie dog, skunk and/or free range, organic ferret**.

**note: no Dowlys were actually used in the making of ILB.

August
03-25-13, 10:50 AM
Texas is getting more attractive all the time. I'd move there if I could. :D

I'm also looking into it. Way I figure it why pay taxes to state that runs roughshod over my rights and interests?

Buddahaid
03-25-13, 11:22 AM
I believe the shortfall from income taxes is made up in high property taxes.

Sailor Steve
03-25-13, 11:24 AM
And there's something I believe is more insidious than income taxes. Create something that subverts the Constitution itself (not the Bill Of Rights) an word it so it sounds like a good thing. :nope:

mookiemookie
03-25-13, 12:44 PM

This is exactly right. For all you who think that Texas is this tax-free nirvana, realize that our sales and property tax rates are pretty high compared to many other places.

As usual, TINSTAAFL.

August
03-25-13, 02:35 PM
This is exactly right. For all you who think that Texas is this tax-free nirvana, realize that our sales and property tax rates are pretty high compared to many other places.

As usual, TINSTAAFL.

I'm pretty sure sales and property taxes in Massachusetts are just as high as they are in Texas and we also have income tax on top of that. I'll bet our excise taxes are higher than yours too.

AVGWarhawk
03-25-13, 02:58 PM

As usual, TINSTAAFL.

MD is at a 6% sales tax. Property tax is based on the cost of the structure on the property. The county will assess your property when asked or sometimes at will. Most homes have lost value but property taxes did not follow suit. Property tax went up. Gas tax is through the roof and going up. Income tax. Plastic bottle tax if you live in Baltimore city. There is talk of a property runoff tax based on who knows what. Rainfall totals and how much land you have? Some lame brain cash grab I assure you. Our Gov is a real pieces of...work.

swamprat69er
03-25-13, 05:14 PM
If you want high taxes without representation, then come on up to Ontario....13% sales tax on everything except food. + 22% Federal Income tax and 9.15% Provincial Income tax...+ Property tax. granted that is fairly low right now, 1094$/annually for 5 acres on a dead end gravel road with no services. I wont even hazzard a guess about how high the gas tax is now, but I paid today $5.56/US gallon for gas.:wah:

Come up. Wages are higher, but so are the taxes.:haha:

u crank
03-25-13, 05:28 PM
If you want high taxes without representation, then come on up to Ontario....13% sales tax on everything except food. + 22% Federal Income tax and 9.15% Provincial Income tax...+ Property tax. granted that is fairly low right now, 1094$/annually for 5 acres on a dead end gravel road with no services. I wont even hazzard a guess about how high the gas tax is now, but I paid today $5.56/US gallon for gas.:wah:

Come up. Wages are higher, but so are the taxes.:haha:

Ya forgot to mention the free health care. :D

swamprat69er
03-25-13, 05:44 PM
Ya forgot to mention the free health care. :D

It aint free. That is a popular U.S. misconception. I pay for my health care through payroll deductions and my employer pays as well.
My employer gets screwed even more than me, he pays out for Workmans Compensation for me and yet IF I was to get hurt on the job, compensation wont cover me as I am over 65. But the employer still has to pay.

u crank
03-25-13, 05:51 PM
It aint free. That is a popular U.S. misconception. I pay for my health care through payroll deductions and my employer pays as well.
My employer gets screwed even more than me, he pays out for Workmans Compensation for me and yet IF I was to get hurt on the job, compensation wont cover me as I am over 65. But the employer still has to pay.

You are right of course. We all pay for it if you are a tax payer. The right word is 'universal' health care. Workmans Comp is a rip. Collecting is a nightmare and the employer really pays if there is a claim.