PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the Show!!

cat22
03-23-13, 08:23 AM
IT IS DONE!!
After a month of programming, trial and error, filming, editing, epic score selection, and timing of score to film, SH4 Battle of Midway is complete. So, turn up you speakers, turn down the lights, get comfortable, and pop some popcorn because here it is in all of its HD glory (yes, fraps worked this time)! Sit back, relax, and enjoy this fictitious creation of my imagination!

As always, ENJOY THE SHOW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY9IGWgkITc

All upgrades and soundtracks are in the credits. Thanks to all those in this forum that made this possible!

B {8-)3

Armistead
03-23-13, 08:43 AM
Didn't appear to be the battle of Midway, but a nice video. Next one, hit del on the numpad to get rid of the game dials, it will give you more of a movie feel. The flak scenes were awesome.

cat22
03-23-13, 10:02 AM
Armistead,

Your right, not at all an accurate representation on Midway. It was primarily an air battle, which SH4 would not be the best engine to use for this. I wanted a naval battle, so, as stated in the video description, as well as my post here, and the film itself, this is not an exact recreation of Midway, but a fictitious rendering from my imagination. BB-67 was never even finished, let alone used in Midway. The Yamato was there, but never fired a shot. The only accurate part was the Imperial Japanese Navy. I adapted the Midway Single Mission to incorporate all the ship types and quantities that I was able to research that were actually there. As for Task Force One, well not so much. So all in all, please excuse the creative license that I used in this creation.

As for the game dials, I was debating on this one after I created the departure scenes. I wanted the viewer (regular J.Q. Public) to understand it was a game, in a more subtle way then actually making the reference in the film. I sided on leaving them in place, maybe drum up a little fascination on a 6 year old game.

Glad you enjoyed it Armistead!!

B {8-)3

Red October1984
03-23-13, 02:39 PM
That's a pretty darn good little video right there. :up:

Captain Dave
03-23-13, 10:21 PM
I liked it. Good job. Thanks for putting it together.

TorpX
03-24-13, 08:42 PM
Nice production. :up:

Bothersome
03-26-13, 12:56 AM
Yes, a great video. I liked it very much. Keep em coming!! :D

Aramike
03-28-13, 10:32 PM
I'm impressed. Nicely done.

As an aside, it still amazes me what the SHIV engine is capable of.

fireftr18
03-29-13, 06:38 AM
Can we get this stickied?