PDA

View Full Version : Weather...

Wolf52
03-21-13, 06:53 PM
So, I recently got back into SH3, and my first patrol had at least 2 weeks of solid 15mps winds... I am running GWX 3.0, and thought they had fixed this, at least somehat. Is there another mod that is compatible with GWX that introduces more variability? Thanks in advance!

Aarnoman
03-21-13, 08:20 PM
Theres a couple of options:

1) Real Weather Fix Mod
(http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=631)

2) SH3Weather (absolutly fabolous in combination with SH3Commander. If you don't have the latter, highly recommended you grab it!)
(http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1880)

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any queries. I personally use everything mentioned here (real weather fix applied, as well as SH3Weather to generate random weather at the start of my patrol).

HW3
03-21-13, 08:26 PM
I can say that the weather is not always like that in GWX. You just hit a particularly bad stretch of it. I've had the weather change 4+ times in one day before, and other times it stayed the same for 3-4 days straight.:yep:

:subsim:

P.S. When you save and then reload, the weather you had when you saved will be there when you reload, and could last 2-3 days before changing.

Wolf52
03-21-13, 09:24 PM
I have been doing this patrol in small stages after work, perhaps that explains my extended foul weather...

Also I remember SH3 weather, but thought at least one of those mods you listed (Aarnoman) was included in GWX already.

I can say that the weather is not always like that in GWX. You just hit a particularly bad stretch of it. I've had the weather change 4+ times in one day before, and other times it stayed the same for 3-4 days straight.:yep:

:subsim:

P.S. When you save and then reload, the weather you had when you saved will be there when you reload, and could last 2-3 days before changing.

Gustav Schiebert
03-22-13, 04:14 AM
I'm just running GWX with Commander. Been in the mid-Atlantic now for three weeks - since I passed Rockall Bank on my outbount journey the winds haven't been less than Force 8 ...

TheDude107
03-23-13, 03:25 PM
Ask the watch officer for a weather report and get the direction the wind/storm is coming from. The game does have a decent stock weather system(Unless GWX changed it a bit.)

Either way the storms are somewhat real. If I steer the ship into the wind of a strong storm I usually can get out of it in half a day, two days if I'm near Scotland. Try asking for the weather report. Wind direction is the direction the wind is coming from. Head right towards that bearing or as close as possible to "out run" the storm.

nionios
12-03-13, 12:49 PM

So the reason for having stuck weather for the whole patrol (2 weeks on average) is that i save the game too often? The only solution is to save after 3 days of game time?

HW3
12-03-13, 10:13 PM
Saving and then continuing the mission doesn't cause it but, saving and quitting out of the game can cause it. I use Stiebler's EnvSimAct weather mod, it works the best for me of all I have tried.

nionios
12-04-13, 06:09 AM
I use envsimact (with GWX3.0) and i haven't seen any change.

jreid666
12-05-13, 08:15 AM
I cant seem to download the SH3 weather mod. My anti virus keeps denying it as there is apparently adware in the download. Would anyone be able to send me this?

Cheers

James

GJO
12-05-13, 09:48 AM
Of course, bad weather is perfectly realistic - for example, I wouldn't like to be out in the North Atlantic on a day like today! I pity the poor devils who are having to face this in RL:

Gale Warning: Gale warning issued 4 December 21:48 UTC (Open) (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast_and_sea/shipping_forecast#area-30)

Westerly gale force 8 backing southwesterly and increasing severe gale force 9 imminent, veering northwesterly and increasing hurricane force 12 soon

Wind

Northwesterly severe gale 9 to violent storm 11, occasionally hurricane force 12.
Sea State

Very rough or high, becoming high or very high.
Weather

Snow or snow showers.
Visibility

Moderate or poor.

jreid666
12-05-13, 12:31 PM
this is just up the coast from me:

http://youtu.be/wwCcwrWuar4

and im on the east coast of Scotland