PDA

View Full Version : Blacked out ships.

Flaskegaard
03-21-13, 03:14 PM
I was sailing west on the surface towards Japan when I found myself directly in front of a large American carrier task force sailing east towards Pearl Harbor. As I got closer on the surface, I noticed several very dark ships I couldn't recognize thru the TBT, so I zoomed in on them with the camera and found all the Buckley DE's and a couple US cruisers completely blacked out except for their weapons. I ended the patrol and looked at the ships in the museum. They were blacked out there also. I found several other ships blacked out in the museum. I had just recently added some extra ships from an EXTRA ASW SHIPS pack prior to finding the blacked out ships in the patrol. Anyone know what could have done this?

fireftr18
03-21-13, 08:38 PM
It's a graphics glitch. If you normally don't have any trouble, try restarting. Otherwise you may need to adjust your graphics settings.

Flaskegaard
03-25-13, 12:06 PM
I tinkered with my Nvidia controller and solved the blacked out ships in the museum, but those same ships were still blacked out in the scenario. :hmmm:. It took a couple of days, but I finally discovered that if you have ships in a scenario that were built AFTER the date of your scenario, they are blacked out because in the files of the game, they don't exist yet. You either have to change the date of creation of the particular ship in the ROSTER files, or date your scenario to a time after the date that ship was built. That's why my DE's in the scenario were blacked out. I accidentally dated the scenario 1942-11-15, instead of 1943-11-15. :88) If there were such a thing as a Noob Award, I just won a red ribbon! ...but I'm learning.

fireftr18
03-25-13, 02:10 PM
Interesting. Glad you figured it out. I never bothered with a custom scenario.

TorpX
03-27-13, 09:18 PM
I'm sure you're not alone. The main reason for building a mission, imo, is to test something in the game. There isn't much drama in playing a mission, when you already know what's going to happen.