PDA

View Full Version : Supermod question

TwoGamers
03-21-13, 03:21 AM
SH4 AI is terrible.I know this is true for all Silent Hunter games but in SH4 my favorite tactic is, me being impatient like I am I usually go ahead flank for a minute or 2 get the destroyers on to me. Shoot the fore tubes at their fronts and then spin around dive deep and go silent. They drop some depth charges at me, might hurt me a bit then leave. I usually get most of the torps hitting the destroyers so I can often get 2 or more destroyers sunk.

So my Question is: Does TMO or another supermod make their depth charging more dangerous? Thanks:arrgh!:

Fifi
03-21-13, 05:40 AM
In TMO 2.5 they are better than stock, but all depending on the time line...
At the start of career, they are not that very dangerous.
(the most dangerous destroyers i've encountered so far, are in SH5 with latest IRAI mod BTW...awfully difficult :D)

Red October1984
03-21-13, 06:19 AM
TMO does a great job with the A.I.

You won't be disappointed with it. :D

MarkCt
03-21-13, 07:39 PM
With TMO being impatient will get you sunk. Going flank or full speed will get you detected way before you get into firing position. TMO is an extremely fun mod. It makes you think and plan, like you should have to do. Give it a try, you'll never go back to stock again.

Red October1984
03-21-13, 08:00 PM
With TMO being impatient will get you sunk. Going flank or full speed will get you detected way before you get into firing position. TMO is an extremely fun mod. It makes you think and plan, like you should have to do. Give it a try, you'll never go back to stock again.

Shame on anyone who plays stock with all the great mod options out there. :nope:

The mods for SH4 are truly great. The Dev Teams did a wonderful job.

TwoGamers
03-22-13, 01:50 AM
Thanks

AVGWarhawk
03-22-13, 10:19 AM
TMO will make you rethink your tactics. Prepare a drink for yourself when you get latched onto by a elite destroyer. You will be submerged sweating for hours. Nevermind the tether that seems to hooked to your stern pulling the destroyer behind you as you attempt to shake him. Welcome to deeper depths than your sub was really designed to handle. Or wait until it is silent on the hyrdrophones only to find the destroyer is sitting with engines off waiting for you to surface. As for Bungo Pete. Nice knowing you. :O:

TMO makes SH4 a much different game. :yeah:

I'm goin' down
03-22-13, 10:32 AM
The Optical Targeting Correction Mod ('OTC" mod) by Capnscurvy contains a variation where the AI of everything the Japanese Navy does is off the charts. I could not beat it, and it usually took my highly skilled crew and boat out before I could say "Stop it. You're killing us."

Jeff1959
03-22-13, 09:41 PM
Shame on anyone who plays stock with all the great mod options out there. :nope:

The mods for SH4 are truly great. The Dev Teams did a wonderful job.

I guess then it's shame on me..:salute: I use SH4.1.5 and use Webster's GFO mod, and MaxOptix for GFO. Why? Because I enjoy playing the game this way. For me, it's not about trying to replicate the stress and pressure of operating a submarine during WWII.

For me, SH4 is a GAME, which means having fun. For me, that means hunting down some enemy ships.

Now according to the prevailing attitude on this forum; I am to be shamed, ridiculed or ignored. :hmph: When someone wants an "arcade style" game, they are laughed at.

Just remember, those of us who aren't going for the highest level of realism, have also spent their money on the game; contribute to keeping the genre alive.

Jeff

Red October1984
03-22-13, 10:45 PM
For me, SH4 is a GAME, which means having fun. For me, that means hunting down some enemy ships.

Now according to the prevailing attitude on this forum; I am to be shamed, ridiculed or ignored. :hmph: When someone wants an "arcade style" game, they are laughed at.

Just remember, those of us who aren't going for the highest level of realism, have also spent their money on the game; contribute to keeping the genre alive.

Jeff

Jeff, that was a poor attempt at a joke.

The mods for SH4 out currently are some of the community's best work. You play the way YOU want to. Don't let me offend you or change your opinion. I'm just saying that the mods are great and that the stock game is buggy and broken without them.

Play the game how you like it. I can't stop you and I can't change your opinion.

Not everything on the internet is to be taken seriously. :03: