PDA

View Full Version : New German anti-Euro party founded

Skybird
03-17-13, 07:38 AM
http://www.thelocal.de/national/20130317-48583.html

They are encouraged by a recent survey in Focus magazine showing that 26 percent of Germans would consider voting for an anti-euro party. This figure rises to 40 percent among those aged between 40 and 49.
(...)
The party "is campaigning on a purely economic topic but for the moment Germans are satisfied with the situation in the country and that compensates for their dissatisfaction vis-a-vis the euro," said Franzmann.

Moreover, the way the polls are looking in Germany, a vote for this party might risk opening the door to a more leftist coalition, noted Franzmann, something supporters would want to avoid "at all costs." "That's why they will in any case vote for the CDU or the FDP."

According to the latest polls, the CDU would win 40 percent of the vote if elections were held now but the FDP would scrape only five percent, meaning a grand coalition between the CDU and the SPD is still a possible outcome.

I am not supporting this party, for the reason that it's logic contradicts itself. It is true that they want to have Southern countries leaving the Euro, and/or nothern countries leaving and reintroducing national currencies or a new shared currency in Germany, Finland, Austria (not France). They also know that the latter is poltically impossible since no poltiians will dare to demand to leave the French out.

However, this party also wnats growing EU sovereignity over national states, and a growing transfer from soveriengity from states to Brussel. In my thinking, growing centralism is the problem, not the cure. I f you read my thread on Hoppe, you cna imagine the problems I have with this party. This new party also has no recipe against the problem of high debts and the dominance of FIAT paper money. That is why in the end they will not acchioeve much, and will not be an alternative that could set us on a different trtack, away from the fall we are heading for. In other words: i see them as a cosmetic event only.

---

On a side noite, it is interesting how the state media reacted to it. In Germany, we have two state broadcasters, ARD and ZDF, for which people now must pay fees even if they do not own any receivers, the fees are now independent from consumer usage, and get collected not on the basis of receivers, and consuming behavior, but pert household, no matter what.

Both stations are of ever declining quality, and their own TV productions not match the bad quality of private TV stations over here, while their political information service is more that of a propaganda distribution platform, like the Aktuelle Kamera was in the former GDR. The new style is jopurnalism is unvcritically and openly in support of polltical parties who do not send VIPs to the prograqms if they get quesitoned too aggressively, both sides instead have arranged themselves with: don't bite but lick my hand, then I help you to fill your talkshows with our well-known faces, say the parties; give us dates for "interviews", and we promise not to ask indepth questions and will give you the codewords you need to play your usual slogans and paroles, say the Tv stations.

ARD mentioned the new party in a message online. And interestingly tried the same trick that is used to gag Islam critics: the news message said that the new party is "extreme rightwing populstic". Wel, it is anything but that for sure. And readers did not bite that bait, too, but started in the comments section a discussion on the propaganda stunt done by ARD. When the presentation of argments in favour of this party started to get into a real swing, ARD simply shut down the forum, saying that there was nothing more left to say and therefore the discussion could be ended.

Quality journalism made by German state TV. And we even must pay fees for this instrument of political party's propaganda platform! And an example that by far is no exception from the rule. 20 years ago or so, both stations were good. Today, they are lousy, and simply propaganda announcement platforms, really.

Feuer Frei!
03-17-13, 07:52 AM
Interesting.
26% of Germans would vote for "AN" anti-euro party. Not necessarily this one.
True enough, Germany has paid too much to prop up the Euro, time and time again.
The Euro would collapse if Germany left it, there is no doubt about that.
If the Euro disbanded or collapsed, what would the German currency be? The DM?
To be frank, one of the biggest reasons the Euro was created was to float a World currency to rival the $US.
Many Germans were unhappy and didn't want to be part of this Euro. The DM was the strongest it had ever been.
So long as Angela is holding the reigns, there will never be talk of leaving the Euro.
Germany is bleeding, has been for a long long time.
When is enough enough?

Herr-Berbunch
03-17-13, 07:56 AM
All raise your right hand if you want to join. ;)

Skybird
03-17-13, 07:59 AM
Interesting.
26% of Germans would vote for "AN" anti-euro party. Not necessarily this one.
True enough, Germany has paid too much to prop up the Euro, time and time again.
The Euro would collapse if Germany left it, there is no doubt about that.
If the Euro disbanded or collapsed, what would the German currency be? The DM?
To be frank, one of the biggest reasons the Euro was created was to float a World currency to rival the $US.
Many Germans were unhappy and didn't want to be part of this Euro. The DM was the strongest it had ever been.
So long as Angela is holding the reigns, there will never be talk of leaving the Euro.
Germany is bleeding, has been for a long long time.
When is enough enough?
The only reason to found the Euro that early, was France, and Mitterand's concern regarding the German atomic bomb: the French word for "D-Mark". that France suffers so dearly now from having gotten what it wanted and what it once intended to be a tool of weakening and supressing the German economy and currency, has the odor of biblical justice around it. :D

However, such feelings of "triumph" are short-living only. Germany can delay a bit to get hit by the worst to come, but it cannot evade it forever. Where Cyprus, Greece and others are today, we will be in the forseeable future - just a bit later than others.

Implict debt level in Germany currently: minimum estimation 500% of the GDP, more likely in the range of 600-800%. All liabilities resulting from the Euro and the ECB not included.

nikimcbee
03-17-13, 12:14 PM

:haha:

:hmmm: So, the question is, Do they want to invade their neighbours?

Catfish
03-17-13, 01:24 PM
^ So finally, it took you 74 years to realize Germany invading Europe was the only right thing to do ?
Well ... :hmm2:
:rotfl2:

Skybird
03-17-13, 02:07 PM
He wanted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21822165

Banned for life. What an idiot! what a lame excuse!

Or should we say "thanks for giving us a kickstart hint to understand what a loser you are!"...?

P.S. I did it again. I hijacked my own thread. :dead:

nikimcbee
03-17-13, 05:49 PM
^ So finally, it took you 74 years to realize Germany invading Europe was the only right thing to do ?

Third time a charm?:hmmm:

Platapus
03-17-13, 05:59 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21822165

Maybe he was just Pro American. Here we called it the Bellamy Salute and we used to teach it to our children when pledging allegiance to the flag.

:)

Oberon
03-17-13, 07:08 PM
It (supposedly) traces its roots to Roman times, but considering how few know that compared to how many know it as the salute of choice of the Third Reich and Mussolinis Italy, his excuse that he didn't know is not exactly convincing.

nikimcbee
03-18-13, 09:02 AM

You guys might as well invade somebody to liven up the game market. World War 2 games are getting kinda old.:-?

Tante Merkel could go on a debt collecting mission.

Invade Russia again?:hmmm: Eastern Front 2.0. Think of the resources Germany could gain.....
oil. Check
gas. Check
hot chicks. check
cool driving videos. check

Hopefully, this time around you'll bring winter coats.:D

....and you won't have Hitler there to ruin it for you.:hmmm:

Herr-Berbunch
03-18-13, 09:13 AM
Banned for life. What an idiot! what a lame excuse!

Are you telling me that in all of his 20 years he's never watched a WWII (in Europe) film, or seen any history documentary on said war.

I think banning for life is a bit much, but he does deserve something.

It (supposedly) traces its roots to Roman times

Like the swastika was used for thousands of years, then got hijacked less than a century ago, to be remembered only for that last century. :-?

Tribesman
03-18-13, 11:17 AM
I think banning for life is a bit much, but he does deserve something.

That depends, the greek national team has had a big problem with nazi supporters being their firm when they do international matches.
Banning this dumb klutz from the national team does seem appropriate since they say they don't want dumb nazis claiming to be representing Greece.

Herr-Berbunch
03-18-13, 11:57 AM
Fair enough then. :up:

Ban him, even less money into the Greek economy then. :)

Feuer Frei!
03-18-13, 07:04 PM
Tante Merkel could go on a debt collecting mission.

Collect from whom? Most of the countries that owe Germany are so broke that they can't even finance their own affairs, let-alone pay back the Billions owed.
Tante Merkel won't be around to see debts paid to Germany. Nor will any of us.

nikimcbee
03-18-13, 07:44 PM
Collect from whom? Most of the countries that owe Germany are so broke that they can't even finance their own affairs, let-alone pay back the Billions owed.
Tante Merkel won't be around to see debts paid to Germany. Nor will any of us.

I think you're thinking of the US:haha::shifty::dead:.

Time to shakedown Greece.

Feuer Frei!
03-18-13, 08:48 PM
Can't get blood out of a stone :)

As of April 2011 Greece was at a 'meager' 163% of GDP.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/774/economics/list-of-national-debt-by-country/

In December 2011 it went to 170%.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/country-list/government-debt-to-gdp

Next Country to 'squeeze' ? :hmmm:

Tribesman
03-19-13, 03:43 AM
Next Country to 'squeeze' ? :hmmm:
Japan.

Feuer Frei!
03-19-13, 03:55 AM
Japan.

You're going the wrong way. You're going up the scale.

Tribesman
03-19-13, 04:16 AM
OK, Brunei then:D