PDA

View Full Version : Scenarios fixable? ...or broken?

Flaskegaard
03-16-13, 01:28 PM
I recently downloaded several single scenarios that are actual missions of the various American sub aces, Cutter, Morton, Fluckey, etc. All these scenarios begin with your sub docked in a port, usually along side other subs and a sub tender. The problem is that after some of these scenarios begin, your sub is immediately destroyed because either your sub, or the tender appears out of position, sitting on top of the dock, or on top of your sub. You have to end the scenario before you even start. Is this something that can be fixed thru a file change? ...or is it "broken" and needs to be deleted altogether?

Webster
03-16-13, 02:56 PM
use the mission editor to reposition the ships, the game puts things in the general area but not exactly positioned so if you put a ship right next to land or a dock then you have to leave a buffer zone for randomly being out of position without hitting something.

if need be PM the guy who made the missions telling him whats going on so he can fix them, im sure he wants them to work correctly.

by the way what missions are you talking about? where did you find them?

Flaskegaard
03-16-13, 06:52 PM
Someone on the forum named: fithah4. He sent a link to them in response to my forum post on looking for an early war, dark skin for my late war Salmon class sub. I also found the same link at the beginning of the Ubisoft SH4 forum page, listing tips, hints, etc. It's like the third or fourth post down from the top, near the forum rules post. It is about 10 or 11 single scenarios based on actual patrols of certain American sub Aces like Morton, Dealey, O'Kane, Cutter, etc. They can also be found at FileFront under Silent Hunter Files. They are found in the PATROLS sub file. UPDATE: The person who created the historical scenarios' forum name is: Cgrimes. His e-mail address is: cicero.grimes@gmail.com. I im'ed him about the start up problem and asked that if there was a fix, to post it here at SUBSIM.

Webster
03-16-13, 09:06 PM
read up on the missoion editor and how to create missions, its easy to edit the missions yourself and its fun to learn how

look here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=222