PDA

View Full Version : CTD, with Lifeguard duty..

fastfed
03-14-13, 03:21 PM
Weird.. SH4 has been stellar for me.. Saving whenever and where ever I wanted, with or without enemy around, always worked.

First time with a salmon boat, first mission using TMO/OTC (only) when I get close to the objective with the lifeguard duty icon, CRASH.

There are tons of planes around and I see the contacts of what I suppose is downed US aircraft , but I've had much more contacts before.

I have 16 gigs of ram, running the 4gig patch.

Anyone know what this could be about? Thanks

fastfed
03-14-13, 03:28 PM
So after some testing, it must be a trigger..

I waited 3 weeks far away from the location and then headed in slow, sure enough there were planes everywhere still and like clockwork, as I neared.. CTD

:(

torpedobait
03-15-13, 03:12 PM
Same thing happens to me when I start the TMO/RSRD career and run the first mission to the Gilberts. Get just inside the boundary, and CTD. Doesn't matter whether I run TC or not. BTW, another good addition for memory useage is called GameBooster3. Works great on everything EXCEPT that Gilberts Island mission (campaign segment, starting on Dec.7). Weird.

TorpX
03-15-13, 08:53 PM
It sounds like a case of the mission referencing something that is missing from the files; like a ship or a plane, or part of same. That's all it takes.