PDA

View Full Version : Total War: Shogun II toggle battle menu

Stealhead
03-13-13, 06:23 PM
I know that you can toggle off/on the battle icons,menus and such so that you can take nice screen shots but what I seem to have forgotten is what keys toggle stuff.

Does anyone know the toggle keys?

Thanks

HunterICX
03-13-13, 07:08 PM
The key to toggle it on/off is ''K''

HunterICX

Stealhead
03-13-13, 08:17 PM
Ah thanks.I think it is listed in the PDF manual which I seem to have deleted.I have a few good screens from a while back and I wanted to take some more.I wanted to take some screens of the Otomo clan's
Dunderbuss cavalry very devastating unit but you need some yari cavalry to cover them.

Sometimes I also like to fight with the menu toggled makes it more challenging.

Would the same key also work with NapoleonTW?

Stealhead
03-13-13, 11:01 PM
Well it seems that "K" only works in Shogun II.

I had been playing Napoleon TW and wanted to take a screen shot but found no option for doing so in the list of controls.Which made me recall the ability to toggle the UI in Shogun II just not the key.

With NTW I came up with a solution.What I do is save the record of the battle and then view it later.The replay has minimal interface good enough for a screen shot.I like how Shogun allows you to toggle when ever you want saving an entire battle for one or two cool screen shots is a pain.

An interesting side note: On my PC NTW actually puts more stress on my GPU than Shogun II does not a huge amount though.Interesting as Shogun certainly is more demanding I think the reasoning is because Shogun allows me to use DirectX 11 features and NTW does not.

HunterICX
03-14-13, 04:27 AM
Yeah DX11 really relieves some of the pressure from your GPU when it comes to Shogun2. I remember when we where still stuck on DX9 in Shogun 2 and when the DX11 update finally came out it made a huge difference in FPS when it came to large battles, the FPS didn't drop steeply which didn't cause the game to turn into a slideshow which it sometimes did under DX9.

in large fights I can for example completely zoom in and the FPS will still be around a 30, if I do this under DX9 it'll drop below 20 and turns it into a slideshow.

HunterICX

Stealhead
03-14-13, 02:42 PM
I think that the DX11 update came out a few months after I bought Shogun II.

My PC is 2008 vintage and my old GPU would have really struggled.When the 8800GT died I swapped it out for an EVGA GT440 and the DX11 capabilities along with the higher VRAM (910MB) made most every game run much more smoothly.Not bad for $75.00.

I like PC gaming but the cost of an "uber" machine is too high for the short return that you get for the cost.I am happy running most games at mid range levels.

Seems like all the people with these high end rigs do now is make ENBs that supposedly make the game look better but judging from the screen shots they look cheesy like a failing film school student getting carried away.That or its high resolution textures on everything which winds up making those things stand out and look unrealistic.