PDA

View Full Version : Mod Load Order in JSGME Question

glilley
03-12-13, 02:28 PM
Have the following mods loading in this order in JSGME with the top two mods grey in color:

v1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5

When I start SH4 I get the OTC for TMO 2.5 splash screen with the red progress bar under the picture of the maru that's having a bad day at sea. When the main menu loads towards bottom get an option for OTC for TMO. Everything runs fine as far as I can tell but I loaded RSRDC to get the benefit of what I understood to be realistic ship and convoy movements. I assume that it is running but can't tell for sure. For those of you that have these 3 mods, is there a way I can tell that RSRDC is doing its thing? Thanks!

fitzcarraldo
03-12-13, 03:10 PM
Have the following mods loading in this order in JSGME with the top two mods grey in color:

v1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5

When I start SH4 I get the OTC for TMO 2.5 splash screen with the red progress bar under the picture of the maru that's having a bad day at sea. When the main menu loads towards bottom get an option for OTC for TMO. Everything runs fine as far as I can tell but I loaded RSRDC to get the benefit of what I understood to be realistic ship and convoy movements. I assume that it is running but can't tell for sure. For those of you that have these 3 mods, is there a way I can tell that RSRDC is doing its thing? Thanks!

There is an OTC mod for RSRDC (TMO version). You use OTC for TMO25; please use OTC for RSRDC for TMO.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21430556/1.5_Optical+Targeting+Correction+031312+for+RSRDCv 502.rar

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

CapnScurvy
03-12-13, 07:57 PM
Thank you Fitzcarraldo, your quite right. If you're adding the RSRDC v502 to TMO you shouldn't use the "OTC for TMO 2.5" mod. You need to use the version of OTC specific to the RSRDC v502 (the one you've linked to).

RSRDC doesn't get into changing its start up screen telling that it's loaded. Nor does it have anything on the main game screen explaining that it's running. The best way to tell is to look through the Recognition Manual, RSRDC brings about 50 new ships into the game.....TMO offers another dozen or less. Look for ships like the Jap CV Soryu, or the American CV Saratoga, or in the Merchants section the APD Clemson, their RSRDC ships. Not to mention the many new missions Lurker threw in.

Red October1984
03-12-13, 09:59 PM
If I may ask....

What does OTC actually do?

:hmmm:

BigWalleye
03-13-13, 07:34 AM
OTC does several things:

It makes all optics present a dimensionally correct image. A ship that is 450 feet long will subtend the proper angle in the periscope view, for example. So you can actually measure the mast height and calculate range.

It makes the optics display the proper magnification and field of view, so you see what you should be able to see.

It corrects for the fact that the optics are not located at the exact center of the boat's length.

It adds a range dial to the TDC, so you can easily enter range manually. Useful for manual targeting.

It couples the AoB input dial, so the solution dial moves with it when you are entering data.

It provides accurate range and bearing data on the radar scopes.

It allows you to adjust the optics views to be correct for your monitor's aspect ratio.

In short, it makes the entire fire control system, which you are trying to use to simulate the way attack solutions were determined, actually work, instread of just being eye candy.

An excellent mod!

Red October1984
03-13-13, 08:02 PM
OTC does several things:

It makes all optics present a dimensionally correct image. A ship that is 450 feet long will subtend the proper angle in the periscope view, for example. So you can actually measure the mast height and calculate range.

It makes the optics display the proper magnification and field of view, so you see what you should be able to see.

It corrects for the fact that the optics are not located at the exact center of the boat's length.

It adds a range dial to the TDC, so you can easily enter range manually. Useful for manual targeting.

It couples the AoB input dial, so the solution dial moves with it when you are entering data.

It provides accurate range and bearing data on the radar scopes.

It allows you to adjust the optics views to be correct for your monitor's aspect ratio.

In short, it makes the entire fire control system, which you are trying to use to simulate the way attack solutions were determined, actually work, instread of just being eye candy.

An excellent mod!

Okay. I think I'm going to get this mod sometime after my current career.

I've got RSRDC installed over TMO 2.5 so I need the RSRD Version?

glilley
03-14-13, 07:02 AM
Sorry - forgot to thank you for the response. Loaded the RSRDC version of OTC and now notice that on load screen it does indeed say that it is for both TMO and RSRDC.

CapnScurvy
03-14-13, 07:20 AM
I've got RSRDC installed over TMO 2.5 so I need the RSRD Version?

Yes, you need the OTC version that supports the RSRDC v502.

RSRDC makes not only a version for the stock game, but one for TMO, and RFB too. It follows that OTC should support the RSRDC version specific to what its edition's are compatible with.

RSRDC has version 550 for a stock game. Version 502 for TMO, v575 for RFB 2.0. OTC's version are named after the RSRDC versions since the bottom line is to have a Mod, added to a Mod, added to a Mod.

Optical Targeting Correction's thread is HERE (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181172).