PDA

View Full Version : How do I Reinstall now?

Jeff1959
03-11-13, 03:58 PM
I had some serious computer issues that resulted in a reinstallation of system software and all programs.

Finally got to reinstalling SH4. I am getting an error message that data2.cab cannot be read and the installation failed. I tried to copy the DVD to my hard drive and got the same error, that it could not be read.

I have to see if a full cleaning and repair of the DVD will make a difference.

What I am wondering, can someone send me a copy of the data2.cab file? I have everything else. I want to play SH4 again, but really don't want to purchase it AGAIN.

Jeff

Sailor Steve
03-11-13, 06:05 PM
When you uninstall the game you also need to remove the SH4 folder from My Documents. After that it's a good idea to do a search for anything Silent Hunter related anywhere in your drive. A registry cleaning won't hurt either.

Jeff1959
03-11-13, 07:18 PM
I did all that has been suggested. I manually deleted all Ubisoft folders or any SH4 folders that remained after the uninstall. Then I ran Ccleaner and the Registry cleaner to find anything.

I cannot reinstall from the original DVD because there seems to be a corruption on the DVD. When I run the install program, it gets about 1/2 way done and then sends the error message that data2.cab file cannot be read.

I've tried to copy the data2.cab to the hard drive. I get the error again. So there is a problem with that file.

It't not a matter of failing to clean up the files.

Jeff