PDA

View Full Version : SimCity Burning: A Warning to Microsoft, Sony, and all publishers...

The Enigma
03-11-13, 02:44 PM
An article that sounds familiar.

SimCity Burning: A Warning to Microsoft, Sony, and All Publishers on The Dangers of Always-Online DRM (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/08/simcity-burning-a-warning-to-microsoft-sony-and-all-publishers-on-the-dangers-of-always-online-drm)

It has been out for three days, and SimCity is broken. Seriously, unplayably
broken. As a long-time fan who's been looking forward to this week for many
years, this is a huge, frustrating disappointment. The worst part? The main
issue isn't with the game itself, but an entirely unnecessary and completely
avoidable always-online Digital Rights Management (DRM) system that's
keeping millions of fans from playing the game they paid for, when they were
told they'd be able to play it. If there is one good thing that comes of this
disaster, let it be yet another lesson to publishers like EA and
Activision/Blizzard, and platform owners Microsoft and Sony, who may be
considering always-on DRM in next-gen consoles or PC games: don't even
think about it. It's a pipe dream, and to attempt it is to invite an enthusiasm-
draining catastrophe with every single game launch.

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/object/128/128952/simcityfinalpc1boxart_160w.jpg

Here's what the past 10 years of online DRM has taught anybody who's paid
the slightest bit of attention: it never works right, at least at first. And while
it might be largely successful in stopping piracy (as Diablo III effectively
has), it exacts a terrible price: the trust and enthusiasm of the most loyal
and enthusiastic gamers. These are the people who are dying to get their
hands on new games, the ones who eagerly spend on pricey collectors'
editions and DLC – all of it sight-unseen. If treated well, their word of mouth
buzz can generate more game sales than a site like IGN ever could. They are
also the ones who will always be affected most by the inevitable screwups
that always-online DRM will bring.

Read the full article here (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/08/simcity-burning-a-warning-to-microsoft-sony-and-all-publishers-on-the-dangers-of-always-online-drm)

Source: http://www.ign.com

GT182
03-11-13, 02:49 PM
Well, they never listen to the one's buying their products. It seems that they don't care if anything is broken or not... just push it out the door and get the money...... then let someone else fix it.

I can now understand why so many are going with console games, and walking away from the good ol pc games.

IMHO, it all boils down to greed.

August
03-11-13, 02:53 PM
I would have loved to pick up the new Sim City game but i'm not supporting this crap. They come out with an offline version and I might change my mind but until then it's a non starter.

The Enigma
03-11-13, 02:55 PM
Well, they never listen to the one's buying their products. It seems that they don't care if anything is broken or not... just push it out the door and get the money...... then let someone else fix it.

I can now understand why so many are going with console games, and walking away from the good ol pc games.

IMHO, it all boils down to greed.

As far as I know, Console games are also moving towards online DRM.
No escape there.

Betonov
03-11-13, 03:03 PM
I'd pay the retail price of the new Simcity for a Win7 compactibility patch for Simcity 4

Takeda Shingen
03-11-13, 03:16 PM
I'm still hoping that EA will drop the DRM scheme in the wake of this hullabaloo, because I really want this game. Of course, this is EA that we are talking about; they're pretty much the douchiest company in gaming.

Oberon
03-11-13, 03:20 PM
I'm still hoping that EA will drop the DRM scheme in the wake of this hullabaloo, because I really want this game. Of course, this is EA that we are talking about; they're pretty much the douchiest company in gaming.

Same, I love the Settlers/Anno-esque situation in this game where industries supply other industries and so forth, but the DRM and the stupidly small city/town building size puts me off. :wah:

Takeda Shingen
03-11-13, 03:30 PM
Same, I love the Settlers/Anno-esque situation in this game where industries supply other industries and so forth, but the DRM and the stupidly small city/town building size puts me off. :wah:

The plot size doesn't bother me, as I always thought the larger sizes in the previous titles were gratuitously large. I think that the point of the gameplay here is to have your regional cities supply each other, so that you don't have to have that scenario where your city is a self-contained island of humanity. So, here you can have a Las Vegas-style city that is supplied by a Los Angeles-sytle city. While they are not large, they are interconnected to a far greater degree which is, in my opinion, more realistic.

Oberon
03-11-13, 03:33 PM
The plot size doesn't bother me, as I always thought the larger sizes in the previous titles were gratuitously large. I think that the point of the gameplay here is to have your regional cities supply each other, so that you don't have to have that scenario where your city is a self-contained island of humanity. So, here you can have a Las Vegas-style city that is supplied by a Los Angeles-sytle city. While they are not large, they are interconnected to a far greater degree which is, in my opinion, more realistic.

True, and I guess I can't really comment until the time I get the game if the size does restrict my gameplay, but I do like the idea between the interconnecting cities. If only they'd sort the DRM...but, alas, this is EA...so we shouldn't hold our breath.

In the meantime, I do still have Simcity 4 :yep: :up:

Skybird
03-11-13, 03:37 PM
It is not about protection against piracy so much. Many of these new DRMs are about drying out the second hand market for games and make it impossible for people to sell their games, or buy them second hand and play them. They also want to dry out modding, and make people accept buying fees for DLC instead.

That modding is what has gifted many games a long lifetime, seems to have not reached all ears in the directors' offices.

Oberon
03-11-13, 03:51 PM
That modding is what has gifted many games a long lifetime, seems to have not reached all ears in the directors' offices.

I think it rarely gets through the bags of money that they've padded their ears with.

You're pretty spot on with the second hand games market though, once upon a time computer games shops would be good places to get second hand PC games as well as second hand console games, but now all the PC games have gone from the shelves, both first and second hand. What was once a section that was several shelves wide and deep has been reduced in most shops to a shelf or two, if you're lucky, with the rest being given over to console games.

The Enigma
03-11-13, 04:19 PM
Adding DRM into a game is one thing, removing it afterwards is another.
Remember the sloppy way how it was done in SHV.

Awful, a real game stopper to me.

Nippelspanner
03-11-13, 04:43 PM
I would have loved to pick up the new Sim City game but i'm not supporting this crap. They come out with an offline version and I might change my mind but until then it's a non starter.

Same here.

soopaman2
03-11-13, 04:56 PM
Not claiming firsthand knowledge, nor encouraging anyone...But typically on torrent sites, the DRM is busted long before the paid consumers get a patch to fix DRM issues.

Like your CD key not working, or your download not coming after buying. Having to sign into 2-3 different servers. etc..

I am not encouraging, just saying that anti piracy actions often make it less stressful to steal it.

Now the issues with the sims?

Pure EA greed.

Let steam sell it. oohh we think we are Blizzard....We wish we were starcraft, and could actually hold people hostage like they do.

Origin sucks, really bad client, really really really bad, maybe that is why EA fails.

That and the anti PC crusade they been on...

nikimcbee
03-11-13, 04:57 PM
They also want to dry out modding,

You are spot on with this. No name dropping here, but my experience has been modders are a thorn in a devs side:dead:.

I don't know about it from a DRM point of view though.:hmmm:

nikimcbee
03-11-13, 04:59 PM
Curious which DRM you prefer?

SSSSSSSStarforce:o:haha:
or

online-all-the-time DRM

or something else?

Takeda Shingen
03-11-13, 05:01 PM
Steam.

Catfish
03-11-13, 05:06 PM
What exactly are the advantages of steam - i have not one game or sim running on, with, from or by steam :hmmm:

Nippelspanner
03-11-13, 05:07 PM
DRM is BS!

All they do is to make the life of paying customers harder. Pirates, usually, crack games very quickly. Just look at the SH5 DRM crap story for example. A crack was available ~3 days after release - when many customers could not even play because the Ubi servers failed.

Even the mighty Diablo III was finally cracked. You can play it on private servers, if I am nt mistaken. A friend just told me yesterday.

Also, this "must be online" thing is much more than just preventing the oh-so-bad piracy (they benefit more from it than you might think), it is a good tool to keep an eye on you. What you do, when you do it and why.

BF3 is a good example.

And personally, I find all that disgusting to the bone! This is why I totally avoid "AAA" titles nowadays and stick more and more with indie game developers for many reasons.

Usually:
- They listen to their community/develop it with the community
- They often don't punish you with DRM
- The games are waaaay cheaper than AAA titles (and better in my op.)
- They often grant quick acces (alpha/beta testing...)

Ubicrap, EA, Blizzard?
Dead meat for me!

Takeda Shingen
03-11-13, 05:09 PM
What exactly are the advantages of steam - i have not one game or sim running on, with, from or by steam :hmmm:

Instant purchase and download, permanent backup in case of drive failure, automatic patching updates, automatic DLC installation, automatic key validation, and once it is validated you can play permanently offline. It's like having the disc without the disc.

Ducimus
03-11-13, 05:09 PM
Steam.

Ditto.

DRM's are here to stay. Steam is the least intrusive thorn in my hide. It also acts more like a service then anything else. I don't know why some people knock steam so hard. It really isn't that bad.

I will give people this though, the old school mentality of going to a brick and mortar store and having the DVD in your hand, is very hard to break. What drove me to steam to begin with, was the crappy PC game selection in my local electronic stores. If the selection wasn't crappy, I still would be inserting Disc's into a tray.

Nowadays, I mainly get my games off of steam sales, and if I want a game on disc bad enough, ill order it off amazon.

EDIT:
As an aside, I am not a fan of ANY other copy cat sceme like Uplay, Origin, or anything else like that. Valve got it right. It's always been my thought that steam should be the go to service, because otherwise, you'll have three or more of these DRM front ends installed on your PC instead of just one, and to me that's a sucky idea.

reignofdeath
03-11-13, 05:13 PM
You are spot on with this. No name dropping here, but my experience has been modders are a thorn in a devs side:dead:.

I don't know about it from a DRM point of view though.:hmmm:

I don't see why they would think that. Modding increases their sales, and most modders ask nothing for their work.

To flip the coin though, when someone mods and or shows how easy it was to fix, it does make the developers look pretty bad.

But on the flip side to that, usually its only those that mod their game that know, and for the most part, they are happy.

I honestly hate EA, the only games I've enjoyed from them in the past 2 years are BF3, Madden 13 (They actually made a really good leap this year, not looking foward to the next 5) and Sims. Other than that, they ruin every franchise, NFS used to be great, KOTOR was a great series. Deadspace 3, they turned into a crappy shooter, and they run it into the ground for the love of their precious money. It sums up their arrogance when after recieving the "Worst Company in America" award that the statement they gave was "We are just going to continue making award winning games". Screw them and their CEO.

soopaman2
03-11-13, 05:14 PM

The hundred plus games I own on steam all work. Everything from Ubisoft titles, to Bethesda, little indy crapbox publishers, little known publishers etc, but they all work, and require me only to click the game title in the directory and it runs, no signing in, no retina scans, or codes, etc.

Steam.

QFT

Listen to that man.:up: Takeda is skilled in the ways of gaming.

reignofdeath
03-11-13, 05:16 PM
Instant purchase and download, permanent backup in case of drive failure, automatic patching updates, automatic DLC installation, automatic key validation, and once it is validated you can play permanently offline. It's like having the disc without the disc.

Agreed, I stayed away from steam, but I highly enjoy it after using it. As Dumicis stated, is highly pretty unobtrusive.

Origin on the other hand is crap, I believe its on my computer because of Sims 3 and every time I start up it wants to install itself, ugh I need to find out how to keep it from starting at startup and get rid of it.

Ducimus
03-11-13, 05:20 PM
I don't see why they would think that. Modding increases their sales, and most modders ask nothing for their work.

Not necessarily. They can also lose sales on subsequent titles. In any game genre, when an end user has everything they wanted in a modded game, they have little incentive to make any new purchases. This isn't a dig at anyone, just a statement of fact. It's just how it is. Could be one reason why the latest SH title is online only, but thats just last minute conjecture on my part.

Dowly
03-11-13, 05:22 PM
If I have to use some DRM, I go with Steam. It's just convenient.

nikimcbee
03-11-13, 05:29 PM
Agreed, I stayed away from steam, but I highly enjoy it after using it. As Dumicis stated, is highly pretty unobtrusive.

Origin on the other hand is crap, I believe its on my computer because of Sims 3 and every time I start up it wants to install itself, ugh I need to find out how to keep it from starting at startup and get rid of it.

+4:haha:

Plus, they (steam) fixed one of my files that corrupted.

Dowly
03-11-13, 05:40 PM

Sorry, not going to happen:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/10/maxis-simcity-offline-mode-is-just-not-possible/

:-?

Takeda Shingen
03-11-13, 05:42 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/10/maxis-simcity-offline-mode-is-just-not-possible/

I think that article also illustrates that it is not just EA, but Maxis too that has sold out. :down:

Sailor Steve
03-11-13, 06:21 PM
Curious which DRM you prefer?

SSSSSSSStarforce:o:haha:
or

online-all-the-time DRM

or something else?
None at all.

Blacklight
03-11-13, 07:51 PM
The only problem I have with services like "Steam", is that you never get a backup copy and when Steam decides to no longer carry the game you bought, it's GONE. That happened with a game that a friend of mine got. It was on his computer one day, and the next day, it was gone. If you read the Steam license agreement, they can just stop and get rid of the game that you paid money for at any time. Basically, you're renting the game until they get rid of it.
DRM has gotten so ridiculous now. The major companies in the industry seem to feel that everyone is a pirate and almost every single time, the DRM they invent backfires and makes life miserable for the end users. ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!
The big companies are ALL going to be switching to "always on DRM". It's a fact. Even game consoles are going to be ALL "always on DRM" in the future. We're already seeing this in the new consoles that are coming out. Also, they're making it that you don't have the physical copy of the game in your posession either. Everything is heading in that direction. Those of us who like to control our computers and our software are losing more control as time goes on.
In a few years, we're probably not going to have any physical copies of any software at all. I doubt that we're going to be able to have backup copies of anything. They're even trying to get rid of PC's and switch entirely over to pretty much tablets and smartphones for everything now. I can garuntee that in a few years, even laptops are going to be rare. Desktops are at this point on the cusp of being eliminated. Laptops are next.
The entire industry is changing to not having physical copies of software, and "Always on DRM". This is unfortunately our future.

August
03-11-13, 07:54 PM
None at all.

There you go. I spend that 50 bucks buying brick to make a garden path the result is a lot more satisfying and long lasting than any virtual city.

Raptor1
03-11-13, 08:00 PM
The only problem I have with services like "Steam", is that you never get a backup copy and when Steam decides to no longer carry the game you bought, it's GONE. That happened with a game that a friend of mine got. It was on his computer one day, and the next day, it was gone. If you read the Steam license agreement, they can just stop and get rid of the game that you paid money for at any time. Basically, you're renting the game until they get rid of it.

Hmm? I've never heard of this happening. In fact I have a game on Steam which is not being sold on it anymore (Neverwinter Nights 2), but they haven't taken it away; I can still download and play it just fine.

Takeda Shingen
03-11-13, 08:09 PM
There you go. I spend that 50 bucks buying brick to make a garden path the result is a lot more satisfying and long lasting than any virtual city.

Don't you play EvE Online?

CaptainMattJ.
03-11-13, 08:28 PM
I'd pay the retail price of the new Simcity for a Win7 compactibility patch for Simcity 4
simcity 4 is so immensely frustrating, no matter how much money i pour into air quality and high education, sim happiness, lowering the daily commute, ect., i cant bring in any top level businesses or manufacturers. Which means that almost every city i've ever made has failed.

CaptainHaplo
03-11-13, 09:19 PM

That article is nuts. First "offlining" isn't possible, then they say that they are considering doing it to "earn back trust".

Corporate bullcrap, anyone?

A couple of pieces of bread and they could make a bullcrap sammy with that one!

reignofdeath
03-11-13, 09:24 PM
Not necessarily. They can also lose sales on subsequent titles. In any game genre, when an end user has everything they wanted in a modded game, they have little incentive to make any new purchases. This isn't a dig at anyone, just a statement of fact. It's just how it is. Could be one reason why the latest SH title is online only, but thats just last minute conjecture on my part.

While I do agree with what you said, I believe the way I meant it is, it would increase sales by increasing the longevity of the game.

As to lowering the sales of sequels, most games I have seen that have been modded and that have sequels, the sequels are also modded eventually prompting even some of the most stern of "hold outs" to buy the game. While this is DEFINATELY not the case everywhere, I feel like its a reasonable argument as to the majority.

Case and point, SHIII -> SHV. Biggest turn off for SH5 was DRM, they got rid of it, and now a days since its becoming more and more well modded and taken care of, more people are buying in.

Oberon
03-11-13, 10:10 PM

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9s0oylfm21qz4w1go1_400.png

Rilder
03-12-13, 12:02 AM

Umm... SimCity 4 works perfectly fine on Windows 7.... I mean I put a good few hours of it in today myself.
I even posted a few screenshots of the farming community I worked on today. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2023832&postcount=3382

Reading comments on another website, it seems they are greatly exaggerating how much data is actually being sent online. In any case offline mode will be possible, just not for legit customers.

NeonSamurai
03-12-13, 12:09 AM
Personally I want nothing to do with Steam, and am still successfully resisting having it on my computer. As a DRM to stop piracy it is a joke, most steam games get cracked about 10 minutes after it goes live. It does work at stopping resales, though. A lot of people are also very suspicious as to what else the software is doing in the background, such as data mining, though there has not been any conclusive evidence offered yet.

Above all, I do not like "renting games" which is in effect what a lot of these services are doing, as they could remove service any time they like. This is why I like companies like GoG and others which offer the game for download DRM free.

Personally I predict, that with the way things keep going, I probably won't be gaming for much longer. Most of my recent purchases have all been inde titles.

Cybermat47
03-12-13, 01:12 AM
DRM strikes again!

The Enigma
03-12-13, 02:19 PM
I've never used Steam. I'm an old fashioned guy who wants to have software on a disc.

Downloading and storing softeware on a hard disk doesn't feel right to me.
If I pay for a game/software, then I want something in return.
Something I can touch, look at, put it on a shelve and so on.

If I no longer use it, then I like to have the choice of throwing it away or giving it away.

Same with music. I'm still buying CD's, I nearly never burn a disc.
As a matter of fact, a burned disc doesn't appeal to me. It's not the same as a CD. No cover, no info printed on top of the CD it self.

I sometimes feel like an alien, but then again, I'm a proud alien with CD's and games stored on a shelve :yep:

Betonov
03-12-13, 02:33 PM
Umm... SimCity 4 works perfectly fine on Windows 7.... I mean I put a good few hours of it in today myself.
I even posted a few screenshots of the farming community I worked on today. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2023832&postcount=3382

Really :hmmm:

Any special patch or something ??

Rilder
03-12-13, 03:11 PM
Really :hmmm:

Any special patch or something ??

Nope no special mod or patch. I did add some stuff to the Shortcut to smooth things along though.

-CustomResolution:enabled -r1366x768 -intro:off -EH:off -CPUCount:2

fireftr18
03-12-13, 03:23 PM
Nope no special mod or patch. I did add some stuff to the Shortcut to smooth things along though.

-CustomResolution:enabled -r1366x768 -intro:off -EH:off -CPUCount:2

I copied it to my clipboard. What does it do? Where do I put it?
btw, nice looking city. :up:

Penguin
03-12-13, 03:47 PM
I can confirm it runs perfectly fine on Win 7 - just installed it this weekend again after reading about the SimDRMVillage desaster. I didn't play much, as I was busy installing/checking out several additions and mods.

@fireftr: you need a shortcut to the .exe, right click on it -> properties then write the parameters into the target section behind the quotation marks, e.g."simcity 4.exe" -intro:off etc, etc
Though putting commands behind the shortcut is so 2012 ;), I can recommend the SC4 launcher: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28544-sc4-launcher/ It does all the work and you can try the parameters which are best for your comp. (Tip: if you have an ATI card, use the software mode)

Rilder
03-12-13, 03:58 PM
I copied it to my clipboard. What does it do? Where do I put it?
btw, nice looking city. :up:

In your SimCity Desktop shortcut. Right click on it, select properties and in the target field and put it at the end.

Make sure you modify the r1366x768 to your own resolution.

(Edit: beaten)

fireftr18
03-12-13, 05:26 PM
Thanks to both of you. :Kaleun_Cheers:

NeonSamurai
03-12-13, 06:46 PM
It should be noted though, that there are some people who still can't get the game to run with much stability for SC4

Dowly
03-13-13, 09:18 AM
Ok, the AI isn't quite what they said it would be, either:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/13/simcitys-sims-dont-seem-that-smart-after-all/

:doh:

Betonov
03-13-13, 10:52 AM
It should be noted though, that there are some people who still can't get the game to run with much stability for SC4

It wasn't getting SC4 to run, it was crashing after 5000 people :/\\!!

Singed
03-13-13, 11:15 AM
I was really looking forward to a city builder when Sim City 5 was announced, but after being burned so many times by the "hot new thing" I decided to wait a while. Glad I did.

Cities XL is turning out to be pretty decent. It has it's glitches and issues but so did all the Sim Cities I've played.

Also, I have Simcity 4 running under W7x64 fine, never knew anyone had issues until I read this thread.

fireftr18
03-13-13, 12:19 PM
When I found out about it, and first started reading about it, I was ready to get it. I started doing some research. I decided to not get it. On the facebook postings for it, I made it a point to warn people how bad the game will be. I was ridiculed and told to shut up. I kept at it, I tried to get people to realize the problems. Sad to say, not only was I right, the game is worse than I had warned. I wonder what the people who ridiculed me are saying now. :haha:

TLAM Strike
03-13-13, 12:43 PM
Not sure why anyone would want to upgrade.
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8730/simcity2000coverart.png
:rock:

Sailor Steve
03-13-13, 01:23 PM
Eww, I hated that one.

Probably because I could never get it right, and my people were always choking and looting and rioting and such...

Once I have SimCity 4 I'm sure I'll do much better.

I'm also sure I'll be eating those words and crying about it after a week or two. I'm just no good at management.

TLAM Strike
03-13-13, 01:28 PM
Eww, I hated that one.

Probably because I could never get it right, and my people were always choking and looting and rioting and such...

Then stop trying to make Sim Los Angeles. :O:

Sailor Steve
03-13-13, 01:34 PM
:rotfl2: Thanks, I needed that. :rock:

Oberon
03-13-13, 01:55 PM
I had environmentalist aliens in SC2000, the ship would come over and fire its laser beams and wherever the beams hit the ground a tree appeared. :hmmm:

EDIT: Also http://www.dorkly.com/video/17907/dorkly-bits-sim-city-monster

The Enigma
03-13-13, 03:38 PM
That city monster is .... monstrous :haha:

CaptainMattJ.
03-13-13, 06:04 PM
Eww, I hated that one.

Once I have SimCity 4 I'm sure I'll do much better.

I'm also sure I'll be eating those words and crying about it after a week or two. I'm just no good at management.
Good luck, trying to please citizens is harder than it is in real life, seriously, i could build extensive, massive roadway systems to commute to work, build parks and clean air and schools, hospitals, police and fire, everything , and my city will never attract high end manufacturing or corporations.

reignofdeath
03-13-13, 09:55 PM
You know, I also just thought of something today.

It was my ill thoughts when I saw the first two videos I saw for Sim City and the first interview and I noticed some 'key' words and phrases EA loves to use that I have noticed for other franchises theyve designed that have tanked.

Words like "Revolutionary", "Authentic" (They abused the heck out of this with Medal of Honor Warfighter)

And phrases like "From the ground up" , "completely new system", "more rewarding multiplayer"

I have noticed that EA tends to have some of the... whats the word, cheesy? No thats not it, more like well thought out advertisement type interviews where they make sure to bombard you with certain key words to convince you its great.

Just an observation I made.

On a side note,

Neal, are you still highly enjoying the game?

Rilder
03-14-13, 04:34 PM
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/modder-proves-simcity-can-run-offline-indefinitely-20130314/

Modders saving the day, of course I hear that EA quickly put out a hotfix to stop people from modding the game.

I personally don't see why people are surprised when it comes to EA, its a capitalist corporation in a capitalist society, they are just doing what capitalism encourages. Why should they care about customers, they have profits to make.

Dowly
03-27-13, 01:43 PM
Yahtzee!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7053-SimCity

Oberon
03-27-13, 01:45 PM
Yahtzee!

*rubs hands in glee*

Oh, I've been waiting for this.... :D

The Enigma
03-27-13, 01:58 PM
That is a (beep) hilarious video :haha: :har:

Onkel Neal
03-27-13, 02:50 PM
On a side note,

Neal, are you still highly enjoying the game?
I have pretty much played out, I think I quit playing after 50 hours.

Nippelspanner
03-27-13, 02:56 PM
Yahtzee!

Ooohhhh this is SO good!:har:

HundertzehnGustav
03-27-13, 03:12 PM
:D :D :D
the bloke has some nice phrases right there!
DogBollock...XD XD

fireftr18
03-27-13, 04:17 PM
Yahtzee!

:k_rofl:

I'm keeping up with "events" about sc5. They're still having trouble.
I can honestly say to them, "I told you so!"
But they didn't believe me and now they're upset.
muhahahaha!!!

geetrue
03-27-13, 06:03 PM

comes to about $1.25 an hour ... not too bad for todays entertainment options

Skybird
03-27-13, 07:18 PM
The simcityness-disease comes and goes in waves, you know. :03:

Onkel Neal
03-28-13, 08:43 AM
Haha, yeah, it does.

Herr-Berbunch
03-28-13, 09:28 AM
You got to love Yahtzee. :har:

And SC4.

Sailor Steve
03-28-13, 10:07 AM
The simcityness-disease comes and goes in waves, you know. :03:
I have to agree. I bought SimCity 4, installed it, played around with the tutorials, and started a game. Fifteen minutes later I asked myself "Why am I doing this?" and quit.

I'm glad I only payed five bucks for it. :dead:

Wolferz
03-28-13, 10:35 AM
I have to agree. I bought SimCity 4, installed it, played around with the tutorials, and started a game. Fifteen minutes later I asked myself "Why am I doing this?" and quit.

I'm glad I only payed five bucks for it. :dead:

"Paid" not "payed"

Disregard if your spell checker is broken.:haha:

Today you need a Digital Retard Map just to play a game you rented for $50.00:down:

The map costs extra.

Dowly
03-28-13, 11:00 AM
"Paid" not "payed"

Both are correct, arent they?

Sailor Steve
03-28-13, 11:45 AM
"Paid" not "payed"

Disregard if your spell checker is broken.:haha:
:oops:

I'm tired a lot and sometimes don't notice things. Still no excuse, especially for me.

Both are correct, arent they?
No. I was wrong, and freely admit it.

geetrue
03-28-13, 11:55 AM
:oops:

I'm tired a lot and sometimes don't notice things. Still no excuse, especially for me.

No. I was wrong, and freely admit it.

Pin it :woot:

Sailor Steve
03-28-13, 04:05 PM
Pin it :woot:
Do you have any idea how many times I've said that on these forums? It numbers in the dozens, if not more than a hundred.