PDA

View Full Version : Help finding targets? TMO 2.5 + RSRD

KingKenny04
03-10-13, 10:19 PM
Heyas, having trouble finding ships to hit. The current objective is to patrol an area just northeast of Luzon. Now, i don't know if maybe I'm patrolling wrong and missing tons of convoys, if there simply aren't a whole lot of convoys about in March '42, if the assigned patrol area just stinks, or what. But I've been at this patrol from 7 Dec '41 - 15 Mar '42 and only found two convoys so far. From some of the patrol stories I've read on here it seems like some of these guys are running into targets at least once per week. Am i just that terrible? Running TMO 2.5 + TMO RSRD.

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum or if I've missed something. I can't search the forum because it seems the forum language has switched itself to Polish despite the language in the User CP being set to English.

Armistead
03-11-13, 01:05 PM
RSRD is historical, so most groups take historical paths. Many that play RSRD don't bother with patrol zones, but go to where they know historial action is. When it comes to RSRD patrol zones, usually something is coming through, but it's a question of timing. Let's say you get a patrol zone, but you play around a day somewhere else, you may miss the group that was coming through. If you're going to do zones, head right to it and it helps to stay a few days even if the star greys out.

We've had many threads on this topic, try the search tool. You can go to this thread and get several links on historical shipping.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=160510&highlight=finding+ships+RSRD

KingKenny04
03-11-13, 07:25 PM
I appreciate the help. As I stated before, I can't find the search tool because everything is in Polish.

fastfed
03-12-13, 12:03 AM
Ive played all mods with all settings and still trying new stuff out..

Personally, if you want action thats scattered all over, dont use RSRD..

Without it and even using TMO, you will mostly always run into ships/convoys

plus you will run into convoys with flat tops, cruisers, battleships and so on.

RSRD, is realistic, so you need to be Doc Brown and travel to 2013 (hey, we're already there) and use a thing called the "internet" and cheat :)

find out where battles were, find out certain convoys..

Personally, I like playing without RSRD, It's a game after all and I enjoy shooting up some kongo's and other big ships

KingKenny04
03-12-13, 12:15 AM
Think I'll take out RSRD and just run TMO, see how that goes. Thanks for the help guys! Anything wonky with the vanilla campaign I should be aware of?

fastfed
03-12-13, 12:49 AM
Think I'll take out RSRD and just run TMO, see how that goes. Thanks for the help guys! Anything wonky with the vanilla campaign I should be aware of?

It's not really Vanilla, TMO has changed things with the campaign..

Trust me, take out RSRD, and report back here, I'll bet you'll be running out of fish in no time

Armistead
03-12-13, 02:26 PM
Duci spent a lot of time on TMO's traffic. It's about 50% historical mixed with a lot of random generic spawned traffic.

MarkCt
03-13-13, 09:29 PM
Hey Armistead, thanks for the links. That's some great reading.

KingKenny04
03-13-13, 11:28 PM
Running a new campaign without RSRD. I seem to be running into targets more often, so I think that was the issue. Thanks a bunch guys!

fastfed
03-14-13, 01:21 AM
YEP!! After playing mostly always with RSRD, I recently (last three campaigns) been going without it.

and I must say, It's awesome! running into big fat ships almost every patrol :)

swamprat69er
03-14-13, 07:06 PM
When one takes RSRDC out of the game, one does it in port, right?

fastfed
03-15-13, 02:13 AM
ONe might have to start a new campaign??

but one might get lucky.

<<<<<< This ONE is not sure though

swamprat69er
03-15-13, 07:42 AM
I'm back in port, now. I'll do all my mods there.