PDA

View Full Version : Honey Boo Boo Moves Scout Cookie Sale to Mall

geetrue
03-05-13, 02:18 PM
I noticed the threads were having a hectic day and I just wanted to share some good news :up:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/honey-boo-boo-moves-scout-cookie-sale-mall-165503976--abc-news-celebrities.html

Honey Boo Boo is back in business.

Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, the star of TLC's "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo," was admonished for helping a friend sell Girl Scout cookies via a Facebook ad, so now she's set up shop at the Milledgeville Mall in Georgia.

The 7-year-old was photographed holding a handmade sign urging shoppers to purchase cookies for $3.50 a box.

Thompson had previously posted a banner on her Facebook page advertising Girl Scout cookies. It listed pricing and contact info for her 700,000-plus fans on the site.

"What we felt was inappropriate is that it appeared that Honey Boo Boo herself was selling the cookies, and she's not a Girl Scout," Debbie Caballero, a marketing and communications officer for the Girls Scouts of Historic Georgia, told ABC News Radio last week.

AVGWarhawk
03-05-13, 03:09 PM
Debbie Caballero did go on to say they will graciously accept $2,450,000.00 on the sale of the cookies to the 700,000 fans making purchase of said cookies at $3.50/box.

So what if she is not a GS. She is helping out a friend. :88)

NeonSamurai
03-05-13, 10:59 PM
You know, when south park aired that episode with Honey Boo Boo, I thought the character was fiction...

nikimcbee
03-05-13, 11:32 PM
You know, when south park aired that episode with Honey Boo Boo, I thought the character was fiction...

Priceless.:haha::salute:

Sadly, none of those cookies made it to the mall.

Redefines term; "Taking a bite out of the profits."

:o:haha::gulp:

Red October1984
03-05-13, 11:56 PM

Haha. South Park is pretty darn funny.

Yesterday, I just learned about Jimmy McMillan and the Rent Is Too Damn High Party.

Here's a link to Youtube: Jimmy McMillan- Rent Is Too Damn High (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0)

SNL did a pretty darn good impression of this guy. :har:

AVGWarhawk
03-06-13, 11:47 AM

:haha:

No sir! These people exist. Scary.