PDA

View Full Version : Skill ? No, luck...

Gendall
03-05-13, 12:24 PM
Hi guys, just letting you know that i've sunk my first ship since I play with OHII's campain.

But I can't say I'm a good captain, 'till the last moment I tought I was attacking a Polish tanker... Turns out it was British ! And I couldn't even make it a 'good' shot (90°, 800m). It was a 2.5 km right in the rear... Yeah yeah, I know what kind of joke will follow... But at least I got my first victime ! 1855 tons isn't much tho.

Trevally.
03-05-13, 01:18 PM
Hi guys, just letting you know that i've sunk my first ship since I play with OHII's campain.

But I can't say I'm a good captain, 'till the last moment I tought I was attacking a Polish tanker... Turns out it was British ! And I couldn't even make it a 'good' shot (90°, 800m). It was a 2.5 km right in the rear... Yeah yeah, I know what kind of joke will follow... But at least I got my first victime ! 1855 tons isn't much tho.

:woot:

Sink em all:arrgh!:

V13dweller
03-05-13, 09:13 PM
If you are having trouble aiming and/or hitting ships, you can use the 1, 2, 3 icons that appear when you have locked target on the ship, for example, if the 1 that has appeared from your sub, it perfectly on the enemy ships 1, you will secure the hit.
but if the 2 is over the 1, you are doing it wrong, but also, if a ship is making a course change (They will when they know your lurking below) and changing speed, this will throw off your aim.

Gendall
03-06-13, 03:31 AM
If you are having trouble aiming and/or hitting ships, you can use the 1, 2, 3 icons that appear when you have locked target on the ship, for example, if the 1 that has appeared from your sub, it perfectly on the enemy ships 1, you will secure the hit.
but if the 2 is over the 1, you are doing it wrong, but also, if a ship is making a course change (They will when they know your lurking below) and changing speed, this will throw off your aim.

I'm playing with Real Navigation and on manual targeting ^^ a game isn't worth if it isn't chalenging. But thank you for your reply.

@ Trevally : Will do Sir ! (P.S: Love your automations as I still can't use a sextant myself... I need to see my gran'pa, he'll teach me).

gap
03-06-13, 01:24 PM
I'm playing with Real Navigation and on manual targeting ^^ a game isn't worth if it isn't chalenging.

:agree:

Well done Gendall, you deserved our admiration :salute:

V13dweller
03-06-13, 11:00 PM
I do dislike the fact, that the captain has to do everything himself, but having manual targeting off makes it feel like the crew is actually doing something.
And I am pretty sure the XO was able to air and fire the torpedoes, and this adds the feeling that I can give the fire order they aim. :D

Gendall
03-07-13, 04:00 PM
I do dislike the fact, that the captain has to do everything himself, but having manual targeting off makes it feel like the crew is actually doing something.
And I am pretty sure the XO was able to air and fire the torpedoes, and this adds the feeling that I can give the fire order they aim. :D

I can not in anyway say that I DO know anything about how a submarine was managed but in every movie I saw about submarine it's always the captain who use the periscope, has it is his prerogative to make de decision regarding surfacing and, of course, firing a torpedo. So, even if, like you, I do like to give the orders, not actualy DOING the stuffs, calculating a firing solution is actualy someting I do like, especialy since when manual targeting is off, the solution is calculated instantly... And believe me, when your torpedo actualy hit the target, It's a great feeling.

Gendall
03-07-13, 04:06 PM
:agree:

Well done Gendall, you deserved our admiration :salute:

Thank you Sir.
I don't play like that to be admired but a compliment coming from another hardcore sim fan is always welcome.